PDA

View Full Version : "Thats not really you?"

Laura Evans
03-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Out at the mall shopping and purchased a bathing suit at Dillards today. I wrote a check and of course the SA asked for my drivers licensed when I handed it to her she looked at it long and without looking up at me she stated "that is not you in the picture" I smiled and told her it was and then handed her my transgender ID card that has both my male and female picture. She said"Oh! I am so sorry" I said that is fine and that I took it as a compliment since she sincerely did not know I was one and the same. What a boost to my confidence. For those who don't know me too well I have been going out in public for some time now and I am very comfortable as is but this was like icing on the cake.:jumping:

TxKimberly
03-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Cool - couldn't see it getting much better than that!

Hope
03-20-2009, 10:54 PM
What is this TG ID card you speak of?

PanteeQueen
03-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Did someone say "cake"?:heehee:

Eileen
03-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Laura something little like that can really make a girls day! You go girl!

Eileen

Billijo49504
03-20-2009, 11:45 PM
KEWL!!!! BJ:thumbsup:

Christina Horton
03-21-2009, 02:29 AM
In Canada we don't have the TG cards , but it would be great to have one. I would not want to have me male pic on it but just all of my female stats. good on you .

Sammy777
03-21-2009, 03:51 AM

ah, ya, lol, what she said.........

Highland Anne
03-21-2009, 04:22 AM
Simply great!

Sally24
03-21-2009, 09:42 AM
They're made up by various groups, usually at conventions. You could actually do as well yourself with a simple graphics program. They are NOT legal ID but work well sometimes to convince people that you are who you say you are. At one point I actually carried a series of pictures that showed me "transitioning" via makeup. Never used them but thought they might be handy.

Patty
03-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Cool - couldn't see it getting much better than that!

:iagree:

Patricia1
03-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Why, my dear, it's always been you!

pamela_a
03-21-2009, 10:37 AM
After something like that happening the only question I have is have you come down from cloud 9 yet or are you still floating up there? I know I would be.

Way to go girl.

-Paula-

Laura Evans
03-21-2009, 10:51 AM
It is an ID card with pictures of you enfemme and drab along with drivers license info. used primarily if you are pulled over by law enforcers while you are enfemme. It has transgender information on it to educate them as well. You can order these from Lambda Beta Rho, Dept. TIC, PO Box 337, Shady Spring, WV 25918-0337. For $15 US, checks made to above organization, the filled out form, a photo of head and shoulders en homme and en femme or a disc with same, a SASE with postage to return the pics or disc and ID card. For more information and to obtain the form email tasidevil@yahoo.com. PS this is a Tri-Ess chapter endeavor and the form ask for your Tri-Ess member ID. If you are not a member I am not sure they will make the ID card, ask Tasi. Hope that helps.

Sally has a point you can make your own without all the information that is on this card.

Christina, having the male photo along with your femme is to prove you are that male person on the ID. I do not present the TG ID unless I have to, as in the case of my thread. PS I could have used my credit card and avoided all this but then I would not have gotten the reaction that I got.:battingeyelashes:

Eileen, thanks.

After something like that happening the only question I have is have you come down from cloud 9 yet or are you still floating up there? I know I would be.

Way to go girl.

-Paula-

Yes and no, I try not to take myself too seriously. There is more to the story that in total gave me a very good feeling. I ordered a more femme reading glasses just prior and my script has my male name on it. Without getting into the whole story she never hesitated or batted an eye in fact she and I had a lot of small girl talk while she was filling my order. Later on while window shopping in the other stores I had many "May I help you mamm?" As I said in my thread it boosted my confidence level. It felt great.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Way to go Girl ! Now lets see the bathing suit. You must be very passable

JoAnne Wheeler