PDA

View Full Version : Trouble on the horizon

Leslie Mary S
03-21-2009, 12:44 PM
OK things are getting a bit sticky here. Daughter is trying to get me a new girlfriend. I don't want a girlfriend, I like being a hermit when I want to.
Anyway swhe is trying to foce the issue. she keeps giving out my business cards to all the woman she sees as prospective new girlfriend for her daddy.
I don't have the heart to tell her to stop it. The main reason is she is picking the wrong women. I have a different tast in what my GF should look like.
But because I am me, I project the 'desirable male' image most of the time around these ladies.
Because of where I live telling the any if the prospective new GFs that I CD is a social death kneel for me.
If you want to see the male me check out my photo album or go to the photo form and read the thread whee we all have been posting our male/female photos

JoAnne Wheeler
03-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Your Daughter is just trying to love you - although as you say, the wrong

types - maybe you need to tell her that you really appreciate all that she is

trying to do for you - but you have certain desires and needs and that you

have to go slow and make sure that the prospective GG is someone who can

accept you and you can accept her - tell her that playing matchmaker does

not always work - you certainly do not have to tell her that you need a GG

who can accept and tolerate a crossdresser

JoAnne Wheeler

sue ellan
03-21-2009, 01:30 PM
one question. does your daughter know that you are a crossdresser?

sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp the closer to the end the faster it goes.

Teri Jean
03-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Since my wife passed a couple years ago my daughters have been really kind and supportive. They also do not know of my dressing but there are the off handed questions as to what I have been up to and the youngest(31 years old) has tried to set me up with a co-worker/neighbor. I am interested in moving on but I want to do the looking. I have not told her this but the fact I did not proceed must have given her the point. Your daughter loves you and wants the best so you need to talk with her and let her know you appreciate her thoughtfulness. You know best what is best for you and her. I wish you best and many huggs. Keli

Tina B.
03-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Leslie, kids are great aren't they. We spend their childhood running their lives, they then grow up and want to run ours. I guess that is the cost of being loved. Maybe you should try finding her a boyfriend, then she might realize you just can't pick out someone for someone else!
Tina

Leslie Mary S
03-28-2009, 12:48 AM

sue ellan

Yes she does. she is now on this forum. She is 'Dark Anggel'.
watch for her posts.

ReineD
03-28-2009, 03:04 AM
Leslie, since your daughter is a member, you may well have taken care of the issue by posting your concerns here. ;)

Welcome to you both! :hugs:

sue ellan
03-28-2009, 07:34 AM

sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp the closer to the end the faster it goes.

you have a one super daughter. we all could be so lucky.

sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp.. the closer to the end the faster it goes

Nicole Erin
03-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Hmm, since when do the kids try to run the parents' lives?
I am a child and a parent, and I know my place with both. The child's place isn't to lead the parent around by the nose.

With my parents, if they ask my help or advice on something, fine, but I would never tell them how it is otherwise.

So just curious, what kind of women is she trying to hook you up with?

Karren H
03-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Tell her to narrow her search to women who wear the same size clothes as you then at least you can share or borrow!! :)

Sally2005
03-29-2009, 02:16 AM
Give her a wish list of what you are looking for.