JoAnne Wheeler
03-21-2009, 01:12 PM
I just got my third credit card today in the name of JoAnne Wheeler - it

made me feel so good that I had to share it with everyone - do any of you

have credit cards in your femme names ?

JoAnne Wheeler

ArleneRaquel
03-21-2009, 01:19 PM
No. I wouldn't even know on how to go about applyng for one. I live a a woman 24/7 - almost:battingeyelashes: :hugs: :love:

Jan W
03-21-2009, 01:20 PM
I did not know you could do that.

Why do they let us have them in different names? I would have thought it would be difficult to chase a bad debt if one's identity was difficult to track down.

I would love to have the same, will look into it.

Thanks for letting us know.

Jan

Ediosa
03-21-2009, 01:23 PM
It's easy, banks don't care who you give an extra credit card to. The primary card holder will be at fault for all the charges. You can even give one to your 10 year old son, it's no big deal. Just say it's your step daughter or something like that and you can easily get it. No SS# required either.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Credit card companies don't care who gets a "Second Card" - I use my

initials on my primary card and JoAnne Wheeler on the secondary card - heck

my dog even got a card once in her name - had to take it away from her -

our meat bill got to be too high

JoAnne Wheeler

ArleneRaquel
03-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Thank you ladies for the help. I'll be calling MasterCard & Visa later today! :hugs: :love:

deja true
03-21-2009, 01:40 PM
...- it made me feel so good that I had to share it with everyone - ...JoAnne Wheeler

You wanna share it with us? That's great!

There's this great pair of Louboutin pumps on eBay I've been looking at...

PM me with the number ...and the security code on the back...as soon as you can...!

And thanks, Joanne, I'll never forget this!

:kiss:

marla01
03-21-2009, 02:13 PM
I've actually had credit cards in my feminine name for about 15 years. The funny thing is that although there is no Social Security number associated with Marla and therefore no credit rating, I get better credit card offers in the mail for Marla than my evil male self :D

Marla

Highland Anne
03-21-2009, 02:40 PM
JoAnne,

Thanks for giving me the idea. I think I will do that it would make buying things online easier.

Sandra
03-21-2009, 02:46 PM
My SO has all her cards in her fem name as she changed it legally nearly two years ago, with my blessing :D

inquisitiv
03-21-2009, 02:56 PM
I've actually had credit cards in my feminine name for about 15 years. The funny thing is that although there is no Social Security number associated with Marla and therefore no credit rating, I get better credit card offers in the mail for Marla than my evil male self :D

Marla

Just an observation to anybody totally in the closet and needing to keep it that way--you might not want credit offers and junk mail in your femme name coming to your billing address. It would probably raise some flags for the postman not to mention any so involved.

Sarah...
03-21-2009, 03:45 PM

Marla

Wow! How can you have done that? I applied for a prepay mastercard in my new name and they wrote and asked for a copy of my passport and birth certificate. It wasn't even a credit card. Not even a debit card. Just a prepay card. Better get on and make a legal name change I reckon :)

Sarah...

renee k
03-21-2009, 03:57 PM
I just got my third credit card today in the name of JoAnne Wheeler - it

made me feel so good that I had to share it with everyone - do any of you

have credit cards in your femme names ?

JoAnne Wheeler

Yep! Sure do, use it alot!!

marla01
03-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow! How can you have done that? I applied for a prepay mastercard in my new name and they wrote and asked for a copy of my passport and birth certificate. It wasn't even a credit card. Not even a debit card. Just a prepay card. Better get on and make a legal name change I reckon :)

Sarah...

The key thing here is you are not applying for a seperate credit card in your femme name. That might be considered fraud.

What you want to do is get a second card with your femme (or masculine for F2M's) name on it but using your existing account. Most credit cards will do this just by your asking. They don't care what name is on the card, just who is legally responsible for the charges. Possibly a prepay might not have that policy though.

Marla

Jennifer Cox
03-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Any new cards, I just get with initials and no title :)

Sharon B.
03-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Never had one in my feminine name but did have several at one time from different woman's shops in my male name.
I still have one from Lew Magram in my male name.

lisajane
03-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Lisa got one 2 years ago, but she forgets to sign it with her assumed name LOL!
I think I will just start signing all bills with an X:tongueout

Karen564
03-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Yes, only one though, I have Karen on my Macy's card.

wendiwoman
03-23-2009, 12:16 AM
I have a Mastercard from Citibank. On the online banking web site, there is a link that says something like "add another cardholder." The only question I had to answer was what the name on the card was to be. It arrived at my home in an envelope addressed to my boy name (the primary cardholder). I have never received any mail to my fem name. When I got a Macy's card, I hunted around their web site, and found a similar link. And again... only one question... what name.

I am rarely asked for ID, but when I am, I just say I don't have it with me. Usually, the sales associate just shrugs, and finishes the transaction. By coincidence, it happened today at Walgreen's and the SA said that I couldn't use my card without ID, despite the fact that I have been using it there for years, and had interacted with him many times in the past. I calmly asked him to please void the transaction, and I would pay in cash. No big deal for either of us.

Wendi

marla01
03-23-2009, 08:32 AM
I am rarely asked for ID, but when I am, I just say I don't have it with me.

Actually, if you want to raise a fuss, they cannot refuse your transaction if you do not show an ID card. The agreement between the merchant and the credit card company prohibit refusing a transaction based on ID. Ask for the manager if the sales person refuses your business.

I would take this one step further. If you show an ID with a credit card, you are opening yourself up to ID theft. No ID and the merchant/sales person only has your name and credit card number. But add the information which is on the ID with the credit card number, and a dishonest sales person, and you are a perfect target.

Marla

Sam-antha
03-23-2009, 09:14 AM
....... I applied for a prepay mastercard in my new name Sarah...

Get yourself a another credit card using your own credit card as the primary account card. Just like your wife uses your credit card....
Banks are not so generous with prepay cards... there is so little profit in them...
~Samm

Sue Too
03-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi Sis,

You are moving right along. I have a CapitalOne card and I think I'll request one for Susan. Carrying your idea one step further CaoitalOne has a service that allows you to put your own personal picture on the card. Why can't Susan have her own card with her picture on it? I think that would really be wonderful. Maybe some other banks offer this service,too.

Susan in Phoenix

JulieC
03-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Just an observation to anybody totally in the closet and needing to keep it that way--you might not want credit offers and junk mail in your femme name coming to your billing address. It would probably raise some flags for the postman not to mention any so involved.

It's a good point in terms of who at your house might see your mail, but the postman? I don't think they care too much who is on the envelope, just the address matching the box they're putting it in.

We constantly receive mail from all sorts of places for people who do not live in our home. I'm confident the mailman doesn't care or even think for a second that all of these people actually live here.

Michelia
03-26-2009, 03:45 AM
Great idea!

Angie G
03-26-2009, 04:19 AM
I don't even like credit cards in my real name.:hugs:
Angie

PretzelGirl
03-27-2009, 01:10 PM
My bank allows you to submit a picture and it ends up being the "face" of your card. Now when I use it, every SA says they don't need ID because of the picture. I hadn't thought of it before, but I could get a card in my femme name with her picture on it.

Now of course I haven't posted a picture here, so having one on a card would be another step after that. . .

Sally2005
03-27-2009, 01:47 PM
My real name works both ways unless their is a Mr in front. So what's the number on your card, lets get that sharing idea of yours working for me! :-) I hope it works well and no, I don't want your money it is enough trouble loosing what little I have now...

Persephone
03-27-2009, 02:08 PM
I have two credit cards that were issued years ago to my femme name and I use those. The accounts were totally "pure" until my spouse added herself to one of them. She takes care of the household accounting, so it wasn't a matter of "secrecy," but since it compromised the separateness of my femme credit card it did bug me a bit.

I have a CapitalOne card and I think I'll request one for Susan. Carrying your idea one step further CaoitalOne has a service that allows you to put your own personal picture on the card. Why can't Susan have her own card with her picture on it? I think that would really be wonderful. Maybe some other banks offer this service,too. Susan in Phoenix

Thanks Susan! I don't know if my bank does the picture thing, but think that is a great idea and plan to look into it for my cards or maybe I'll add a picture card with my femme name to one of my "en drab" accounts.