PDA

View Full Version : Painting your nails, how does your SO react?

Deborah Jane
03-21-2009, 02:59 PM
How does your SO feel about you painting your finger/toe nails?
Is she ok about it or does she completely disapprove?

Does she prefer you to use colours that are more neutral, or can you paint them any colour you like?

In my personal situation i can paint them any colour i like, in fact i'm sure if i asked, she'd even paint them for me.

SherriePall
03-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Not too thrilled. And that's when I was only using clear or shear lilac and sheer pink on my toes. If she ever saw some of the reds I have worn the past couple of years!

debbeelee1
03-21-2009, 03:29 PM
I paint my toe nails, they are black right now. The SO doesn't mind, as long as I do her for her!

My fingernails are in bad shape and I perfer fake nails. She helps me pick out the colors.

Sandra
03-21-2009, 03:32 PM
In my personal situation i can paint them any colour i like, in fact i'm sure if i asked, she'd even paint them for me.

:OMG:

You mean you haven't even asked yet :tongueout

Sarah...
03-21-2009, 03:34 PM
How does your SO feel about you painting your finger/toe nails?
Is she ok about it or does she completely disapprove?

She calls me a slapper lol :)

Sarah...

Super Amanda
03-21-2009, 03:43 PM
My ex was pissed when I used up some of her nail polish. She never liked it. I, however, love it and can't wait to have my hands done all the time! Soon...

kymmieLorain
03-21-2009, 03:56 PM
My wife doesn't mind at all. I have been painting my toes for over ten years. No problems at all. I haven't tried my finger nails.

Kymmie

Joanne f
03-21-2009, 04:04 PM
My wife has no problem with it at all i can do them any colour i like , but i have a problem with my daughter when her boyfriend is around , she gets hessey and says " why have you got nail varnish on "

Lisa O
03-21-2009, 04:13 PM
I only put clear on my nails. No comments but she does rub them gently when we hold hands!:)

PretzelGirl
03-21-2009, 04:21 PM
:OMG:

You mean you haven't even asked yet :tongueout

I'm guessing that Sheila doesn't need to be asked. :battingeyelashes:

Mirani
03-21-2009, 04:53 PM
We share nail polish :)

KARI AN
03-21-2009, 05:07 PM
My wife has done my toes and we both like them done even done my fingers. I havent done mine for a long time but today we have been doing her nails and I believe Im next.:):)

Phyliss
03-21-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't paint my toes, have a professional pedicure and get them "done" then. This past thursday we ( wife and I ) had our appointment. Got matching Plum color done.
As for my fingers, acrylic overlays in a light shade of pink, she doesn't say I can't, so, ... I do.

Babette
03-21-2009, 05:41 PM
She paints my toenails every Friday night. Then I get to return the favor by doing her's. What color? It's usually whatever color either of us wants. Hey, if we can't do things together, then what's the point of being together?

Babette

Kelsy
03-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Sometimes my lady does mine for me! We have gone shopping for the right colors too! I usually wear a clear finish on my fingernails and a nice color on my toes. Lately my work has been beating the crap out of my hands so my wife got me a pair of mosturizing gloves! she is so sweet!!:)

Kelsy

Annie D
03-21-2009, 06:15 PM
My wife is somewhat neutral about nails as long my fingernails don't get too long. I also have my nails professionally; toes always painted and I have had clear solar nails since Christmas. What I like about getting pedicures is that I have permanently lost the toenails on each big toe and my nail tech builds them up, paints them the color I choose and then paints pretty flowers on top. I really have to work hard to convince myself not to wear open toed shoes all the time.

Andrea's Lynne
03-21-2009, 06:17 PM
We do each others!! And take turns picking out the color. When I get to pick, it's usually hot or deep pink of some type. She likes to try any colr under the rainbow.

She's a true gem!!

gretchen2
03-21-2009, 08:32 PM
She does not care one way or the other about my painted toes or fingers, but she does like to paint mine. She on the other hand will not even wear a dress let alone paint her own toes. She let me paint her fingers once and within an hour it was cleaned off. She wears the pants.

Gabrielle Hermosa
03-21-2009, 08:38 PM
I can't paint my fingernails often because of a hectic, busy life. But my toenails are almost always painted.

Black is my preferred color, sometimes my wife will ask me to try another deep color. I'm always game.

She often does my toenails for me, btw. She enjoys seeing my toenails painted and often comments on how pretty they look. She has no problems at all with my painted nails. When they start chipping, she actually gets on my case to repaint them.:heehee:

I redid my toenails today myself. She was busy doing her own nails, so I joined her and did my toenails while she did her fingernails. It would sound odd to anyone else, but not likely to any of you. These are some of life's simple but very precious moments that my wife and I share. :) I love her so much!

shesadvl
03-21-2009, 08:45 PM
nah I dont react...... i paint my so's toe nails and finger nails most often any color he wants, I have just been asked to cut his nails/toes I hate that he chews his finger nails.... irks me that is, by the time i find the clippers they have gawn..laffing... grrrr.....so he knows if he keeps that up he wont get to have nice nails to paint on his hand.....that is,
I paint my own, as hes a lefty ( not mocking the lefties laffing)( lefthanded,) my aim is betterer then his hahahaha.:tongueout the only thing with the other housemates about he wears socks or shoes/sandals that cover the toes, not sure how they would react, but reckons he would always say its my fault he was asleep when i did this...laffing....:devil: with his toe nail polish,... and working in public one has to keep the hands clean n clear, so paint them with a clear polish, noursihing one. My SO's toe nails are a plum color to phyliss, mine were the same color but as I change my daily clothing so does my polish change. What is everyones favourite color in nail polish???? care to share.:battingeyelashes:

ColleenW
03-21-2009, 10:21 PM
My wife doesn't mind at all, in fact we get our nails done together every other week. Color? Any color I want. Right now I've got a french pedicure with shamrocks.

Harlequin
03-21-2009, 10:27 PM
The last time she did them she chose Post Office Red - it's ok with me!

AKAMichelle
03-22-2009, 12:04 AM
This is kind of a sore subject. She has no problem asking me to paint her toe nails, but she won't do the same. She complains about my toe nail polish and even more about my finger nail polish. Even clear color on my fingernails is bad to her.

TJ Tresa
03-22-2009, 12:16 AM
My wife doesn't care about my toes and has painted them for me, like right now they are dark red. She isn't too keen on me painting my finger nails though. we haven't told but a select few about my crossdressing and we are very active with community afffairs so to keep up appearances I don't do the fingers. to bad sad face LOL

Jenny Beth
03-22-2009, 09:49 AM
My wife doesn't mind at all if I paint my nails or the colour I choose. Sometimes we do each other's nails but she's fussy about what colour I put on her, she's not really into dark colours.

Kolokea GG
03-22-2009, 09:55 AM
I myself don't mind nails be that toe or fingers being painted. I think it fun myself. I actually love to share in that activity because I can't paint my own toes very well..so now I ahve someone to do it for me. Also he does a good set of acrylics on my nail.. a lot cheaper than going and having it done. As far a colors..I let him experiment...that the only way you know what works for you. I myself love green on my nails, but the ladies I work with pick on me and say it looks like I picked my nose and stuck it on my nails.lol

JoAnne Wheeler
03-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Not too thrilled - try to use clear, but it is too shiny - can't seem to find

any real good matt clear polish - Karren Hutton recommended one several

weeks ago, but said that it peeled off after a day or two. Well I went out

and bought a bottle and tried it and she was absolutely correct - it won't

stay on - starts peeling or chipping right way - so if anyone knows of a good

long lasting clear matt polish, I'm sure a lot of us underdressing Girls would

love to hear about it.

JoAnne Wheeler

ColleenW
03-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Not too thrilled - try to use clear, but it is too shiny - can't seem to find

any real good matt clear polish - Karren Hutton recommended one several

weeks ago, but said that it peeled off after a day or two. Well I went out

and bought a bottle and tried it and she was absolutely correct - it won't

stay on - starts peeling or chipping right way - so if anyone knows of a good

long lasting clear matt polish, I'm sure a lot of us underdressing Girls would

love to hear about it.

JoAnne Wheeler

I use OPI Matte Nail Envy - it stays for weeks on my nails.

Teri Jean
03-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Being single I do my own and have a few colors I like, deep plum and black and a clear light pink. During the work week I use a clear on my fingers at work. I have had a couple gg friends ask if I get a manicure and told them I do them myself which they have said well done. I think most of my male co-workers have noticed but have not said anything.

Keli

Di
03-22-2009, 11:57 AM
We have spa nights and do the whole nine yards...usually every Thursday.:D And have every color under the sun:) and change it as the mood or season changes.Something fun to do together:hugs:
Now I have an idea for a wedding pressie for you two:love:

Kelli Michelle
03-22-2009, 12:41 PM
My wife doesn't like to see any part of my cding, including painted nails. She has commented before about there being "a little polish still left...you need to get rid of it..." She is very observant, and notices anything else I miss when I remove all traces of my cding. Of course tenails can be hidden by socks, but as spring is hear and summer approaches, that will be more difficult.

Sandra
03-22-2009, 03:13 PM
I use OPI Matte Nail Envy - it stays for weeks on my nails.

Nail envy is a treatment for nails and shouldn't be left on all the time, if the instructions are read it is two coats, then one coat every other day for a week, then remove and start again.

This is what I use.

I don't mind my SO doing her nails, sometimes she does them herself, sometimes I do them for her and we both go together for manicures

jamie-upstate
03-22-2009, 04:48 PM
we share nail polish and sometimes i do her toes for her she even went out and bought some special colors for me to play with

scherylnmke
03-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Just did mine on Friday, my wife has her own 'tool box' of colors so I picked one I liked and did them. Of course I had to take it off my fingernails so we could go out Friday night. My wife thought I did a respectable job!

Rachel Morley
03-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi Deb,

Sounds like you have a very cool SO there! :) My wife is totally fine with it also, in fact, she encourages it! :eek: She likes me to look after my nails by keeping them a nice length (very long for a guy but medium length for a woman) shaping them to slightly rounded off, also pushing the cuticles back and moisturizing them. She likes my hands to look nice so they are also always shaved and moisturized as well. She always reminds me to keep some sort of polish on my nails always, as protection from breaking as well as looking nice which means that I wear shiny clear during the week for work reasons, and a color at on the weekends. :)

philbo
03-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Look,I'm all for whatever one can get away with ,but, life can be a little "funny" at times.Even though my wife of 38 yrs. knows,most of my dressing occurs alone in the safety of my closet.Get it? Now,the rest of the story;
In truth I love it, but I've never been comfortable with it.
I was raised Catholic and live my brainwashed life feeling guilty
about cross-dressing and eating meat on friday (LOL)! So-o-o-o,
painted nails in public is not my thing, I guess you could say.
Last summer I figured I would do my toes and enjoyed that
indulgence for a time cause I could....."get away w/ it". Ha!
While on a fishing trip in the middle of Lake Erie I had a heart attack {no Pain}.How does a guy like me go to the hospital with painted toes. Are ya startin' to get my dilemma?
Well I survived to laugh about it now, but I wanted to share it with some understanding ears perhaps. What would you have done?

tammigurl
03-22-2009, 09:15 PM
My s/o is another preop TG and he/she only complains when I use his/her polish.

StephanieT
03-22-2009, 09:43 PM
My wife and I get pedicures on an semi-regular basis. I can't do red or pink but anything else is ok. I currrently have a purple color with sparkles from China Glaze. My step-daughter is actually the first one to buy me a pedi gift certficate at the suggestion of my wife. My feet actually suffer without a regular pedi.

Shannon
03-22-2009, 10:29 PM
My wife loves it. She suggests colors, and even suggested I try a French Manicure (which I did a couple of weeks ago).

Tamera
03-22-2009, 11:25 PM
At first I use to paint them go to my girl job and then unmaint them or take them off for my MALE job. But since I no longer have a male job they stay on and painted all the time. I find that many LGBT will talk more openly to me once they see my nails and find I am a part of the community.
Hugs,
Tamera

Jennifer4cd
03-23-2009, 08:17 AM
My wife is not very supportive. She is OK with OPI Nail Envy on my fingernails. Gets very upset with colored polish. "You don't have to do wear nail polish. You can fantasize, that should be enough". Actually, it's not. My fanstasy now is someday I will have a standing nail salon appointment to have my 24/7 long red nails cared for.

Lisa Elaine
03-25-2009, 07:24 PM
My GF, after a few discussions and seeing my pretty feet, is fine with me painting my toenails. Her biggest concern was that it would change me as a person. When I showed her that wasn't the case, she was much more okay with it. In fact, she said "I barely even noticed your toes were painted!" when they were in I'm Not Really a Waitress red all weekend :heehee:

Mrs. X (gg)
03-25-2009, 07:32 PM
I dont mind if he wants to paint his toe nails and keep them painted for a few days, I do paint them for him too. Its not a big deal between us. He can choose any color he likes, but I must say, I do enjoy when we wear the same color, it looks cute when our feet meet in bed... ;)

JulieC
03-26-2009, 09:23 AM
I dont mind if he wants to paint his toe nails and keep them painted for a few days, I do paint them for him too. Its not a big deal between us. He can choose any color he likes, but I must say, I do enjoy when we wear the same color, it looks cute when our feet meet in bed... ;)

Bravo Mrs.X :) Bravo!

Bernadina
03-26-2009, 09:36 AM
No problem here. We share colours.

Sheila
03-26-2009, 11:04 AM

No need to ask just get yout butt here, and I will do em for you as you walk in the door ;) that'll have the neighbours talking, me peeling your clothes off on doorstep :devil::devil:

DonnaT
03-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Depends on the situation.

At home, she has no problem with any color.

Toes, not seen, no problems. She has asked why I would take it off when going to the gym to swim laps, if I am not ashamed of it. A challenge don't you know. Ha, my toes have been painted for the last three weeks.

Even my fingernails have been painted all this week. Either she hasn't noticed, or she hasn't said anything. Opi's Tutti Frutti Tonga.

Once, when at the store, she had me write a check, knowing my red nails would be on display. She just stood back and watch the reaction of those around us. Another time she was quite upset my nails were polished. Sometimes one can never tell how she'll react.

One night we decided to go to the movies. I started to remove the polish, but she said we should get going. At the movie she sent me for two large drinks. No hiding the nails carrying those big cups.

Lorileah
03-26-2009, 12:32 PM
She didn't mind me keeping my toes done all the time and several times we would both do our finger nails. I even went out in drab (hate that term too) especially when a Denver team would make it to a big game (so once every 5 years or so). It is amazing how many men will even compliment you on it as long as it is team colors (I need to move to a place with red) I would use clear polish on my fingers frequently.

Thalia
03-26-2009, 12:54 PM
I don't have very nice finger nails, certainly not feminine looking. Therefore, I prefer to have my nails done at a salon. The only problem with this is that when I have to take them off, the glue is IMPOSSIBLE. The nails are meant to last and that is not always possible when you're a c/der. And, especially when your SO isn't accepting of such a visable sign that you're a c/der. As for colors, I prefer very neutral colors and I have never painted my toe nails. My SO is most certainly not cool with me painting my nails (or shaving for that matter).

girl_in_pantyhose
03-26-2009, 01:23 PM
My SO hates it when my nails are painted but i still do!:D

Samantha43
03-26-2009, 01:31 PM
I paint hers, she paints mine.

It's a great arrangement!

kathrynjanos
03-26-2009, 02:25 PM
My gf objects, but understands that I'm ignoring her objections, and if I care what she says about it, it's usually to get her advice on fashionability, matching, and other stuff. But then again, she even covers for me in person when someone asks. "What, punk isn't dead?"

Jilmac
03-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Last summer when I painted my toeails, my SO commented how pretty they looked. When I removed the polish for autumn she commented that my pretty nails were gone. I guess I'll be painting them again this summer.

allisonrn06
03-27-2009, 07:51 AM
I painted my wife's toenails even before I found out she was accepting of me as a cd. Before she was accepting me, I would paint my toenails with a clear or neutral color polish and don't think she ever noticed. Now that she is accepting, she doesn't mind me painting my nails, but she does worry that if I don't take it off thoroughly that someone will notice. Not long ago, when I had a dress up day and had fingernails painted with a sheer pink, I had a couple of unexpected errands to run, and she advised me to keep the polish on when I left! Said no one would notice. I chickened out, but the ponit is, she's mostly cool with it!!

marie rose
03-27-2009, 08:41 AM
My wife encourages me to wear nail polish when out and about in drab. She also says no one will notice so I have started to do that and have found that I now like to show off my nails. My wife always does my toe nails and she likes them red. Finger nails we do together. I do my left hand and she does my right. Color is usually a soft pink or pearl.

Empress Lainie
03-27-2009, 08:48 AM
For me, my SO does my toenails. Of course in my case, not typical, she is also a TS. I know one TS working male who goes to work with fingernail polish, and has her pics on computer in the office in her female garb.

luv2x-dress53959
03-31-2009, 07:30 PM
My fiancee is totally cool with me painting my toenails...I can paint them any color i like and she would paint them for me if i asked her...She is so awesome.

suzanne
03-31-2009, 08:37 PM
I recently suggested to my wife that we go together and have our nails done. She was cool to the idea, stating that we didn't have enough time that day. Since her view of my femininity is that it's something she has to ENDURE out of love for the man she married, I read her response as "Hell, no!" and didn't bring up the subject again.

This past Saturday my SO was on an out of town shopping trip with a friend, so I decided today was the day so I went to a nail salon myself. Long story short, yada yada yada, blah blah blah, I came out with clear coated fingernails and pale pink toenails. Later, SO phones while on her way home and asks what I did while she was out, so I told her. "Nice," was all she said. When she got home, she got a look at my new nails and liked them. "We'll have to go together next time." You can bet I won't have to be asked twice!

Michelia
03-31-2009, 09:32 PM
my SO paints them for me. She picks the color most of the time.

Sherry-Stephanie
03-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Very critical..especially if I don't do a good job....

wishfulcd
03-31-2009, 10:38 PM
I paint her's, but there is no way I, or my SO, would paint mine....just doesn't fit with my SO....could be worst!

AKKaren
03-31-2009, 11:21 PM
:)My sweetie buys all my makeup and nail polish since I can't tell colors !! Being color blind is a bear!!

silkysabrina
03-31-2009, 11:30 PM
I have to say that I never quite feel dressed unless my nails are done. I grow out my right hand nails and keep them wonderfully long. Its easy since I play the guitar and its always an easy, believeable excuss. My SO loves to paint my nails, and she especially like my toe nails painted. In fact when I remove the polish she gets somewhat dissappointed... So back goes on the color.

Sabrina

beez1717
04-01-2009, 01:49 AM
heh.... I don't have an SO at the moment, but all my friends really like that I have gone out and gotten my fingernails painted. They like how I'm trying to be "different"

Jess_cd32
04-01-2009, 02:25 AM
I don't paint mine but I have done my SO's not long ago.
My advice, buy a good quality nail polish...not some dollar store stuff she got to have me use on her nails:doh:........
Of course it was my fault they didn't come out to nice.
Ahhhh "women, can't live with em, can't shoot em" as the saying goes:heehee:

I'm actually looking for some stick on's that would fit me.

_Michele_
04-01-2009, 02:34 AM
We both have french manicure and pedicure! She never said a word about that, I guest... I'm lucky! :)

Deanna2
04-01-2009, 03:00 AM
I've been wearing nail polish on my toes for years. The only comment I get is when I change colours. I recently changed from a bronze colour to gold and the comment I got was that the bronze colour looked better.

Sara Jessica
04-01-2009, 07:57 AM
In a nutshell, she pretty much hates it.

Of course tenails can be hidden by socks, but as spring is hear and summer approaches, that will be more difficult.

Yup, it's been sock season since last October or so. She knows fully well what's going on underneath the socks and has asked at times for me to 86 the polish. This has been one area I'm reluctant (ok, unwilling) to bend in. For me, polish on the toes is like having shaved legs, a constant and pleasant expression of my femininity. Of course I long to not be forced to cover all the time but that'd require so much more revelations about this whole thing.

So alas, summer is approaching, which I'm all good with, except for the fact the polish will be going bye bye unless I have an outing or some anticipated quality girl time at home.

ColleenW
04-01-2009, 09:26 AM
So alas, summer is approaching, which I'm all good with, except for the fact the polish will be going bye bye unless I have an outing or some anticipated quality girl time at home.

In the summer I usually have french pedicures done and I usually wear sandals when not at work. So far no one has noticed, or at least commented about my toenails.

Sara Jessica
04-02-2009, 06:21 AM
In the summer I usually have french pedicures done and I usually wear sandals when not at work. So far no one has noticed, or at least commented about my toenails.

I'm sorry but you shouldn't fool yourself into thinking no one has noticed your nails. Those who do just aren't saying anything and you really have no way of knowing what sort of conclusions they are coming to without asking.

ColleenW
04-02-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry but you shouldn't fool yourself into thinking no one has noticed your nails. Those who do just aren't saying anything and you really have no way of knowing what sort of conclusions they are coming to without asking.

Of course you're right, that's why I said that I had had no comments. The reality is that I really don't care what some stranger might think or what conclusions they might jump to. Those people who are close to me already know and are accepting.

Jamie001
04-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Exactly. They are your nails and it is not important what other people think. It is no different than having a tattoo. Folks with tattoos don't care what other people think. That is a hurdle that all CDs must get over if they are ever to be accepted.

Of course you're right, that's why I said that I had had no comments. The reality is that I really don't care what some stranger might think or what conclusions they might jump to. Those people who are close to me already know and are accepting.

suchacutie
04-06-2009, 11:05 PM
In male mode I keep all my nails covered in a matte finish polish that so helps to strengthen my nails (Tina really has helped in so many ways!!!!). I keep my wife's toe and finger nails whatever color she want, and Tina has her own color for the times she visits:).

tina

Marie O
04-07-2009, 07:23 AM
My wife paints my toe nails, and sometimes paints my fingernails also.

Lori A
04-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Mine hated my first choice, Hooker Red as she called it. But she doesn't mind the pinks, and has even bought me me several bottles at the 30 mile yard sale last year and openly asked me if I would like those colors. She has also applied fake nails to my fingers and painted them for me one night after she made up my face. Wont say what happened later:censor::c9:

Jennifer4cd
05-02-2009, 09:00 AM
My wife does not like me to wear colored nailpolish, but I have worn OPI matte finish Nail Envy on my fingernails and toenails for 3 years. The only time I remove it is when I paint my nails if she is not around. Having my nails polished with color is my most favorite CD pleasure.

Jennifer

SouthernBelle.GG
05-02-2009, 09:40 AM
I picked out 2 different shades of pink polish for my DH - fuschia girl and posh pink. He's not let me paint his nails yet, but he can buy and wear whatever color he wants.

Sheila
05-02-2009, 10:07 AM
I am gonna paint Debs nails when she comes up at the end of the month :shush: don't tell her :D

Sherry-Stephanie
05-02-2009, 10:53 AM
I do my own fingernails but the wife does my toenails both pedicure wise and painting...painted last nite and she asked "does she get to pick out the color" and I said sure....she picked..my opinion...it's OK...a "coral hit pink" that would work well at a construction site...but hey it's cool....until I change it....

Now if I wanted to do this a couple times a week???? probably not...but every couple of weeks yeah she's OK with it...

rwjones
05-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Toe nails ok. Fingernails, no way. She will go to the movies with me what ever color I wear with my flip-flops.

Willow:hugs:

rwjones
05-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Toe nails ok. Fingernails, no way. She will go to the movies with me what ever color I wear with my flip-flops.

Willow:hugs:

P.S I like all the bright collors and I use clear coats on top to get them as glossy as possible.

rwjones
05-11-2009, 03:17 PM
My wife is ok with the toe nails. My 33 year old daughter and I get pedicures together. We love it. (I Buy)

Stitch
05-11-2009, 04:01 PM
My partner only paints her nails when she is enfemme mode, which doesn't last for long periods of time.. so once its back to being a man the polish remover comes out and its all gone. Her choice not mine.

I've buffed her nails before, but not painted them. I'd love to try at some point.

I imagine she'd choose black if given the choice, which is fine by me. :daydreaming:

valrc
05-11-2009, 04:06 PM
My wife and I paint each others toe nails. She and I both like the same colors

Phyliss Hdson
05-11-2009, 04:14 PM
My wife lets me paint my nails what ever color I like most of the time. Sometimes she will ask that I paint them a certain color and sometimes I ask if she has a preferance. She will usually try to pick a color I dont have so I have to get it. I keep my toe nails painted all the time at home and ost of the time when I travel.
Hugs Phyliss

kaitlin
05-11-2009, 06:25 PM
My wife and I always wear a matching color 24/7/365!:hugs: She does mine and I do hers, at least once a week. We mostly wear red's, mauve's or a deep purple.:battingeyelashes:

Veronica S
05-11-2009, 08:24 PM
My wife has never had a problem with it. We do each others nails now and again, or on our own if we don't have enough time for a thorough job. We pick our own colors, she likes fairly bright reds and maroons, though sometimes we use the same shade. During hockey season (October to March, for you sun belt types) I keep the colors much more subdued...wouldn't want to upset team chemistry you know. My son plays on my team as well and isn't at all bothered by it. Same for my daughter, she doesn't make any issue about it and rarely mentions it, though neither of them is aware of my crossdressing. Both of them, in their mid twenties, seem far more open minded and accepting of peoples differences than my generation.

My wife also likes having pedicures done occasionally and has asked several times if we could get one done together, but so far I haven't gone.

HappyErica
05-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Mine was a little weirded out when i first tried it and then i did not do it and then about 7 months ago or she painted my nails and I/we have been doing it ever since. I stick to mostly boy colors, blue,dark greens, black.. but last week she painted my nails a cute pale orange color I like.:heehee:

karynspanties
05-13-2009, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=Lisa Elaine;1660571] Her biggest concern was that it would change me as a person.

From painting your nails?

Xenia
05-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Painting my toenails is the lone femme aspect I let bleed over into my "everyday" self. They're always painted during the warm-weather months, and I'm not shy about wearing sandals or flip-flops, even around people I work with. Of course, most of my coworkers already think of me as "the goofy one" for a variety of reasons, so the ones who've noticed just shake their heads and chuckle.

Now, granted, I usually wear gender-neutral colors (blue, silver, or, what I'm currently wearing, lime green). Hot pink or fire-engine red might inspire different reactions.

My wife enjoys it, and has been bugging me to go get a pedicure with her someday. Though that might be a little bit of vicarious living on her part, as she insists that her own toes are ugly. :)

She's even encouraged me to paint my fingernails, but I'm pretty sure I'd never get away with that in the workplace. :)

Intertwined
05-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Now this is interesting, my SO does not like to see me crossdressed to any degree, I even dump my purse that I carry 24/7, and use a mans wallet when we are out of the house together. BUT, she does not mind my toe nails being painted, as long as its not Red or Pink, and I can even do my fingernails, but not around her, but thats because she is allergic to Formaldehyde. For example, for the past week my toe nails have been painted "Plum Seduction", and I painted my finger nails the some color "Plum Seduction" today on a break at work, so my fingers were painted most of the day. I came home, my SO saw my nails and didn't say a thing, because she knew, as soon as I was done putting away the groceries, I goto the bathroom, remove the polish, take a shower, and, no more allergy problem.

CRAP..! I just checked the Revlon website, This particular Polish has NO Formaldehyde ! I may be painting my finger nails more often... :)

Georgia Rose
05-14-2009, 05:41 AM
I do my wife's toenails on a regular basis. She has no problem with me painting my toenails. I tend to go for brighter colours than she does and like hot pinks, red etc. During winter I usually keep my toenails painted but not in summer. Right now I'm typing this with painted fingernails and toenails but the fingers will be clean to go to work in the morning. Don't think the staff could cope if I turned up with painted fingernails let alone my wife. We tend to buy our own colours but they soon get mixed up. I never feel properly dressed en femme if the fingers and toes aren't painted.

:drink:

gender_blender
05-14-2009, 06:00 AM
Considering that I've had acrylic nails for the past 9 months which are usually french (traditional or reverse), girls I date don't care or compliment me on them. I was in a fashion show in Boston last weekend, so I had my nail tech make them longer and bright hot pink. I'm planning to place floral designs on them later today when bored at work.

DAVIDA
05-14-2009, 06:19 AM
This topic is kind of funny. I dress at home all the time. Jean was instumental in my accepting this part of me.
But, she does NOT like my nails to be painted! She has said before that she does not understand why. Then, she says that she will try to get less sensitive to it.
Therfore, I very seldom polish my nails.:sad: And when I do, it is when Jean is not around.
Other than that, I can do whatever, whenever I want.
It doesn't sound like a lot of sacrifice, does it?

Jamie001
05-14-2009, 08:46 AM
I wonder why she does not like for you to wear red or pink. Most women tell me that they think Black or Blue is strange and that they would rather see bright red on my toes. If it is the masculine colors think, there is no such thing as masculine colors because I see women everyday wearing black, brown, silver, blue and other colors that your wife might consider to be masculine. I don't see how red would be considered a feminine color because men wear red colors all of the time and some men even wear pink shirts and pink sneakers for men have become real popular.

Now this is interesting, my SO does not like to see me crossdressed to any degree, I even dump my purse that I carry 24/7, and use a mans wallet when we are out of the house together. BUT, she does not mind my toe nails being painted, as long as its not Red or Pink, and I can even do my fingernails, but not around her, but thats because she is allergic to Formaldehyde. For example, for the past week my toe nails have been painted "Plum Seduction", and I painted my finger nails the some color "Plum Seduction" today on a break at work, so my fingers were painted most of the day. I came home, my SO saw my nails and didn't say a thing, because she knew, as soon as I was done putting away the groceries, I goto the bathroom, remove the polish, take a shower, and, no more allergy problem.

CRAP..! I just checked the Revlon website, This particular Polish has NO Formaldehyde ! I may be painting my finger nails more often... :)

Intertwined
05-14-2009, 11:00 PM
I wonder why she does not like for you to wear red or pink. Most women tell me that they think Black or Blue is strange and that they would rather see bright red on my toes. If it is the masculine colors think, there is no such thing as masculine colors because I see women everyday wearing black, brown, silver, blue and other colors that your wife might consider to be masculine. I don't see how red would be considered a feminine color because men wear red colors all of the time and some men even wear pink shirts and pink sneakers for men have become real popular.

It is exactly that tho, she connects bright red, and pink nails as being strictly feminine, funny hu?

As for masculine colors, sure there are, earth tones, and grays (probably not true, its just how I feel society thinks)

Miss Petra
05-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Wife & I get pedicures together. No color except for clear even though the nail lady wants me to get color. Im sure she has seen remnants of polish on my toes. She told me that Im leaving the polish on for 2 long and it turned my toes yellow.

Dont do fingers except when I go out and then some color or french and they are press ons.

Sometimes my wife and I wear the same color on our toes. She doesnt really like red but she will wear it for me. Part of our agreement is 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. We both get the best of both worlds without making each other uncomfortable.

Hugz

Petra