PDA

View Full Version : My first thread

Elizabeth2-
03-21-2009, 08:33 PM
I just finished looking at the previous "shattered" thread. I know the feeling. This week, both of my bosses at both of my jobs made it clear not to return to work until I made it through the men's barber shop and shortened the nails. Although my wife is tolerant, she agreed.

I went to my favorite hairdresser and gave her the "good" news. Months of hard work on the floor in minutes. Liz cried quite a bit this afternoon. But, perhaps all is not lost. My wife, then, bemoaned how her nails and hair were such a wreck today. (What a thing to say to me on this day!) I looked her squarely in the eye and said, "I know how you feel" before another pucker and tears followed up. I think she finally got the message today that Liz is me; not some stage or fad.

Well, some insight for my wife and two jobs saved. Liz lost her natural, long hair and nails. But she still has three gourgeous (and high quality) wigs and about six sets of good glue-on nails for toe and finger in matching sets as well as a whole new set of polishes.

I am who I was and always meant to be except for a biological accident.

I can love me with short hair and nails.

Let the critics have their day.

They can strip it off of me, but they cannot get at the girl inside.

Not such a bad day after all.

Liz

gretchen2
03-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Way to be positive about a bad situation. They can make you conform but they can’t knock you down.

Jacquilynne
03-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Liz,

I'm soooo sorry to hear of your bad week. . . I've been dealing with a great deal as well these last few weeks and the comments have come up from family members to cut my hair as well . . .I just refuse -- I'm stubborn! I feel really bad for ya. I am glad to hear your handling it as well as you can tho.

(((hugs)))

Noxvictum
03-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Ouch... That sucks miserably... At least you have a great attitude about it! Always a plus.

linnea
03-21-2009, 09:34 PM
The bad shall pass; things will be better. Go confidently and walk tall.

Teri Jean
03-22-2009, 10:35 AM
You are so right, they can force the conformity at work but the girl lives on. Girl let yourself roar and also give your wife a big hug. She is probably more aware than you think. Huggs to you both, Keli

JoAnne Wheeler
03-22-2009, 10:40 AM
What kind of jobs do you have ? Why do your employers want you to look

a certain way ?

Anyway, "don't let the *******s get you down" as the old saying goes

JoAnne Wheeler

gennee
03-22-2009, 10:42 AM
No one can take away what's inside. Liz, that's a great attitude you have and I applaud you.

Gennee

:)

tamarav
03-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Ah, take it from an old fart, hair comes and it goes. In fact it goes so far for me that shaving my head makes virtually no difference. That is what wigs are for, and you know me, the wig addict...

Ashley Lynn Swift
03-22-2009, 10:46 AM
good to hear that your staying postive, If it was me I would have told em too go to hell, that's discrimination in the workplace, but that's just me.

deja true
03-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Yeah,darlin'!

I hate what they did to you...but

...I love your atttude!

You win!

:)

vikki2020
03-22-2009, 12:29 PM
I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do,especially these days. But it's not what's on your head as opposed to what's in your head, right Liz?:daydreaming: