PDA

View Full Version : We all know...almost

Sarah...
03-22-2009, 04:11 PM
So, I told my son today. About me. He is almost the last person in my family to know about the real me. He was just great. A real example of thoughtful, insightful understanding and unconditional acceptance. All this from a 14 year old :)

I was in awe of him - what a star. So we had a good chat, he asked some questions, and then we got on with being a family :) So my whole family to date has shown unconditional acceptance and positive, active support. I'm one seriously lucky woman. :)

The only person in my family who doesn't know now is my mother-in-law. We'll tell her soon, before I start my physical transition.

Sarah...

Sophia de la luz
03-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Well, Sarah, I'm glad that went as well as it did. My immediate family is fully aware of my dressing. I have yet to tell my family of origin. I'm kind of waiting for them to notice my clothing choices on their own and let that start the conversation.
I have no plans to transition, though... so our situation is a bit different. You seem calm and confident in what you are doing. That is beautiful to see.

Nicole Erin
03-22-2009, 06:43 PM
The only person in my family who doesn't know now is my mother-in-law. We'll tell her soon, before I start my physical transition.

In-laws do not count either way.

My family is pretty much accepting I guess, I mean they have not indicated otherwise. I know my wife is not approving but I could care less.

Sam-antha
03-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Indeed you are seriously lucky, fortunate too. I do hope that all progresses as you expect and hope.

~Samm :love:

Rachel Morley
03-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Congratulations Sarah! I'm happy for you that it turned out so well. Sounds like you have a great kid there .... hummm ... I wonder if the parents had anything to do in helping with that :thinking: :)

I have an 18 year old step son and he has known about me for about a year now and was also totally cool with it all when we told him. He sees me dressed at home too and pretty much treats me the exact same as he ever did. Once again congratulations, it must be a great weight off you mind.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-24-2009, 02:02 PM
SARAH - that is great - now you don't have to worry about the "secrecy"

fear that we have - good for you

JoAnne Wheeler

Sarah...
03-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks for your supportive replies folks. Just as a quick update - I got home after work this evening to find that my wife had a further chat with our son. This was prompted by my son saying, "I think it's about time I saw some pictures of Sarah". So my wife showed him some pictures from our recent trip to London.

Well, you can't second guess kids! My boy was happy to see the real me and felt, in his own words, that I looked like a woman and not a man in a dress. He is keen to see more of me. He then nonchalantly went off on the evening dog walking duty. Not a care in the world. Now how did I end up with two such open-minded, supportive and mature kids?

I'm gobsmacked :) Happy and proud - but gobsmacked nonetheless.

Sarah...

Ediosa
03-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeeaahhhh!!!! Good for you!!!

:cheer::cheers::clap::yippee::rave:

Sheila
03-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Sarah I am thrilled for you your wife and your lad ............... what a great accepting family you have ................. I wish you all well on your journey and look forward to hopefully continuing to share it with you all. :hugs: to you all