PDA

View Full Version : My neice said my new Skirt sucks:(

Christina Horton
03-23-2009, 04:28 PM
:eek: I was just talking to her on msn and she said it's afull . I love it :D and my friends says it lovely. The pic's are in my pic's the short ones that go just above the knee. I have one gold one blue and one a mix of blue and sliver. she's only 20 so she has different tastes than me. what do you girls , I think I look great in them but i really need some input ( number 5 need input)so what do you think and be tuthfull plz. HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

Lorileah
03-23-2009, 04:33 PM
who died and made your niece Coco Chanel? It looks good to me

Karren H
03-23-2009, 04:36 PM
If that's denim I'd tend to agree with your neice!! Lol. If its not denim... It looks fine.. Not my style...

Ashlie Marie
03-23-2009, 04:40 PM
hey wear what makes u happy.. I have plenty of things my wife wouldnt wear, but then she steals a lot from me lol

pamela_a
03-23-2009, 04:52 PM
It's not my style, but then I'm pretty conservative and I have no desire to force my style on you.

The important question is do you like it? Especially since you are the one who is going to wear it.

-Paula-

Tamara Croft
03-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Your niece is right, in all honesty, it just doesn't suit you and those boots make it look even worse. Those are trouser boots, not skirt boots... unless you're a teenager... which obviously you're not... and the top totally clashes....

Well.. you did say you wanted honesty...

RWillow
03-23-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm no fashion critic, if you like it that's all that matters.

Renyta

zeroled
03-23-2009, 06:13 PM
hey wear what makes u happy.. I have plenty of things my wife wouldnt wear, but then she steals a lot from me lol

QFT. THE END.
(QFT = quoted for truth, for those that don't know already)

Perhaps your niece wouldn't wear it, but it's all about what YOU want to wear. DUH...
She can relate it to what her mom/dad wants her to wear vs. what she wants to wear. :)

sissystephanie
03-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Sorry, I have to agree with your niece and Tamara. It really does not suit you at all, too short for your legs.

But, the important thing is that you like it. I don't know about you, but I dress to please myself, not other people. So be yourself, but don't buy anymore like it!:2c:

carhill2mn
03-23-2009, 07:07 PM
If you were planning to go out in public, I would agree with your neice. If you are dressing at home for your own pleasure, wear whatever you feel like.

msginaadoll
03-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Well I guess only you know your relation with your niece. If shes one you get along with and is generally truthful I would go with her. After all most of us are strangers, and most people try to be suportive and encouraging. Family sometimes gives you the no holds barred truth

zeroled
03-23-2009, 07:23 PM
All well said points....I obviously failed to consider many other things.
That's the benefit of public forums! :smile:

In retrospective honesty, I'd have to agree with sissystephanie. For public fashion, it's too short for your legs, but important to what you want to wear. AND, if your niece is close to you and your "cause" (as msginaadoll suggests), then you could most likely trust her input. Maybe save the skirt for hometime enjoyment?

..sorry to sound flip-floppy, but they're really all good points. ;)

Di
03-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Maybe your niece would help you shop and get something a bit more suitable....if you love it it's ok for home just not a good look for you if you are wearing it out.

Christina Horton
03-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Thank you all for your input. Yes I go out in that skirt and the two others like it. My friends whom see it in real life says it fine . I am not sure why it does not look good to some of you but, I am thankfull for your honesty. Even with your lovely comments I still will wear it out and love it. HUGGS to all of you girls. :hugs: :canada:

Nicole Erin
03-25-2009, 10:08 PM
That skirt is not real bad, it does kind of have a fetish skirt look to it though.

CD Susan
03-25-2009, 11:35 PM
I am not a fashion critic either so I will not comment on the skirt. I will say that if you like and want to wear then by all means do so. That is the only thing that is important.

Sammy777
03-26-2009, 02:55 AM
Elvis has left the building. lol

If your talking about the gold lame' [spelled right?] skirt I would have to say, save that one for the clubs and not for an everyday look.

The blueish one looks a lot like denim so I guess you can get away with that during the day.

While they look short in the pics, they don't seem to be "20ish super short".

If your comfy wearing them and they look on you then wear'em.

Christina Horton
04-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Elvis has left the building. lol

If your talking about the gold lame' [spelled right?] skirt I would have to say, save that one for the clubs and not for an everyday look.

The blueish one looks a lot like denim so I guess you can get away with that during the day.

While they look short in the pics, they don't seem to be "20ish super short".

If your comfy wearing them and they look on you then wear'em.

I still were the gold one when I go out, it looks better in person.

Don't say Denim to loudly near Kathy Hutton or else she might just scratch your eyes out.

Ya they come just above the knee so I found out I can handle them.

That skirt is not real bad, it does kind of have a fetish skirt look to it though.

A little I suppose But it's so cute. I love it!!!!! I found another out fit that's just as short but a little cuter. I have no pic's of it yet but I will next time I am in town. HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

Fab Karen
04-08-2009, 04:59 AM
If you go out ( to a club ) in the gold one, purple, blue, or red will work with it. White clashes.

trannie T
04-08-2009, 05:18 AM
What size is it? It might fit me.

Deb The Brunette
04-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Nah yer niece is right......it sucks!!

But if you are happy with it then who cares what anyone else thinks

JoAnne Wheeler
04-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Young people have different tastes - just overlook it - you could ask her to

picl out some clothes (skirts) for you that she thinks would look good on you

But you know, the main thing that I got from your post was that you are OUT

to your neice and she doesn't seem to mind - could you elaborate some more

on whom you are "outed" and how you have been received

JoAnne Wheeler

Belfast Bill
04-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Your neice is right, it does suck big time!

MsJanessa
04-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Nah yer niece is right......it sucks!!

But if you are happy with it then who cares what anyone else thinks

I agree---if it makes you happy fine but if you want advice which I suppose is why you asked, I would reccomend a somwhat longer skirt with higher boots--- maybe a pencil or trumpet style for that slightly sexy look or a simple A line if you want it more conservative---the skirt is really made for someone younger so if you do wear it, just keep that in mind---hope you have a great day

SouthernBelle.GG
04-08-2009, 07:56 AM
I see nothing wrong with the skirt.

Now the footwear is another story. It kind of detracts from the skirt instead of enhance it.

2b.Lauren
04-08-2009, 09:19 AM
I think the skirt is fine, I am not sure if I would like the style for myself. The shoes on the other hand are distracting for that style of skirt. Again, it all depends on the person wearing the outfit, and how they feel. I am sure that many would say I am far to conservative in my dress style.

Christina Horton
04-08-2009, 10:05 AM
What size is it? It might fit me.

It's a large but it stretches good. SO ya if your a size 20 it would. BUT YOU NOT GETTING YOUR HANDS ON IT BITCH. LOL. thanks for trying to steel my skirts hun. mad me feel better about how many girl here don;t seem to like it. I am glad the are being honest about it, I need all the advice I can get. so keep it coming girls. Since I am new at wearing short skirt's I need to know.

Young people have different tastes - just overlook it - you could ask her to

picl out some clothes (skirts) for you that she thinks would look good on you

But you know, the main thing that I got from your post was that you are OUT

to your neice and she doesn't seem to mind - could you elaborate some more

on whom you are "outed" and how you have been received

JoAnne Wheeler

Ok I am out to everybody, even at work. I drive truck all over Canada and the states and I out my self at work , not on purpose but I did you can read about that and, You can read about all the friends and family I have told by reading some of my posts. Not all of them in my posts have I talked about it but some . Plus it make for some interesting reading LOL.

Vieja
04-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey Christina!

If you ask for an opinion you have to take what you get. If it was an unsolicited comment then it was rude. I won't comment on it since the only pix I have of Vieja are not likely to reap any praise.

Vieja

Christina Horton
04-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Hey Christina!

If you ask for an opinion you have to take what you get. If it was an unsolicited comment then it was rude. I won't comment on it since the only pix I have of Vieja are not likely to reap any praise.

Vieja

You don't have to take a good pic of yourself to comment on one. SO fire away hun I can ("sob") "gulp" take it hun really.

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-08-2009, 12:37 PM
The skirt looks just fine but the shoes have got to go. They look comfortable and probably good for truck driving but you need some snappier heels for that outfit. Come on girl lets see those feet!!

Mirani
04-08-2009, 12:44 PM
My thoughts:

If you want to be noticed . . go ahead and wear it and enjoy it.
If you want to "blend in" . . . no chance!

Most of all, its about personal comfort. If YOU feel good ... that's what matters. Have fun.

LizCD
04-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Loose the boots. Just my personal taste but short boots with a skist to me look terible

TerriM
04-08-2009, 01:30 PM
As long as your niece didn't say the magic death words " THAT SKIRT MAKES YOU LOOK FAT " wear it. I agree with most of the other girls is what you feel comfortable in is the most important criteria for your clothing choices.

Yours Terri

Genifer Teal
04-08-2009, 05:43 PM
:eek: I was just talking to her on msn and she said it's afull . I love it :D HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

The way I see it, you have two choices: Get a new skirt or get a new niece. :) I'll let you decide!

Gen

Thalia
04-08-2009, 06:25 PM
I can't say I like the skirt. Is it blue? The black top doesn't go with blue.

TxKimberly
04-08-2009, 06:47 PM
The thought strikes me that you should hug your niece. Not because I think she is right, but because she gave you her honest opinion instead of giving you the "It looks fine response".

linnea
04-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Maybe your niece would help you shop and get something a bit more suitable....if you love it it's ok for home just not a good look for you if you are wearing it out.

I think that this is very good advice. I don't care for the look myself, but that's my taste. Your niece's taste differs from yous--so what. It's taste, not fact. I probably make some bad choices, but I do wear what makes me feel good and what I feel confident about. I think that that's what you should do.
On the other hand, if I had a niece who would give me feedback on my fashion choices, I'd be listening and taking her shopping with me (though I wouldn't necessarily let her do the final choosing).
I think that it's good that you asked: we all need constructive feedback.

Christina Horton
04-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I think that this is very good advice. I don't care for the look myself, but that's my taste. Your niece's taste differs from yous--so what. It's taste, not fact. I probably make some bad choices, but I do wear what makes me feel good and what I feel confident about. I think that that's what you should do.
On the other hand, if I had a niece who would give me feedback on my fashion choices, I'd be listening and taking her shopping with me (though I wouldn't necessarily let her do the final choosing).
I think that it's good that you asked: we all need constructive feedback.

yes it is good. And I all ways hug her when I see her. we were talking today and I asked her when I go to my 20th high school reunion this Aug 1st if she would be ok with Christina coming over and going shopping , she said it would be weird in her town . I suggested I pick her up and we go to a town about 100 KM away cuz that where the best shopping is on Vancouver Island is with out going to Victoria, She said she would like that it would give he time to get used to Christina and in a town that no friends would see. Don't get me wrong she is fine with it mostly just she need some time to feel better with the way I look in person ya know? She also said that she hates how my family (my mom) can be mean about it and want to be the good one. She when she was young went through A very bad streak where she was a very bad person and I was almost the only person whom she could talk to and not be kicked out by. So this is good.I knew she would come around and I am very glad she did . I am very proud of me girl. She is happy with a good boy friend and all is well. She will also try to come on this site just she was unable to post and thing or befriend me so I might have to wait for her to post the 10 before she can make threads or make friends. When she gets here give her the warm welcome I know you all give new members. Her name is Littlelou so we shall see.

LittleLou
04-10-2009, 05:51 PM
im sorry but its just not my style, and i am just trying to have an input on ur second life, i didnt know it hurt you

aww way to make me cry... lol

Christina Horton
04-10-2009, 08:51 PM
im sorry but its just not my style, and i am just trying to have an input on ur second life, i didnt know it hurt you

aww way to make me cry... lol

All I would like to introduce you all to my niece LittleLou She is trying to understand my CDing so give her a great big hay and thanks LittleLou for coming on here. And no you really did not hurt mu feelings ....well maybe a little but that's how we learn and grow . SO thanks hun LOVE YOU very much hun. HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

Maxi
04-10-2009, 10:30 PM
With the styles so many women wear, you should fit right in. It looks fine to me.

Sheila
04-10-2009, 10:34 PM
I agree with your niece, sorry

Christina Horton
05-14-2009, 10:29 AM
I will be going out with my Nieces girl friend this time home and that's the next step my niece asked me to do so she can find out what her girl friend thinks and it might help her out except her Uncle/Aunt. SO we will see how it goes. Oh Little Lou's girl friend knows me from when they were little so it's not like I don't know her. Just she have like Lou not meet Christina. SO this will be fun It will be the first time I will have gone out with a "girl friend" . I can't wait!!! :heehee: :daydreaming::yahoo: :canada:

CatAttack
05-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Nice! sounds like you will be having fun...

but, honest opinion:

It looks ok.. Not really my style, but if you like it, go for it. Unfortunately, I will have to agree with your niece :(

From the picture it looks kind of plasticky and unnatural.

but that's just my own opinion, :2c:

kay_jessica
05-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Sorry Christina, but I have to agree with Tamara, TxKimberly and Mirani. The skirt is awfull, it does not suit you and it will draw attention.

And the boots just make it worse.

Kay

roberta1945
05-14-2009, 03:56 PM
If you like it that is all that counts.I like that style in deam as a work skirt and
long mid calf for lounging around home.:love:

ROBERTA

Christina Horton
05-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Nice! sounds like you will be having fun...

but, honest opinion:

It looks ok.. Not really my style, but if you like it, go for it. Unfortunately, I will have to agree with your niece :(

From the picture it looks kind of plasticky and unnatural.

but that's just my own opinion, :2c:

well It's not plasticity but it's like Silk. But it's just shinny. Thank you all for your input.

Deedee Dupree
05-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Deletion: :cute:

Deletion: :cute:

I think you are fortunate to have access to contemporary feedback.

dd

Misty G
05-14-2009, 07:48 PM
I personally wouldn't wear it out but would wear it about the house. However I prefer skirts shorter than a lot of gals

suchacutie
05-14-2009, 09:04 PM
I think the skirt is fine. It's the combination of things. My wife is working hard to explain fashion sense to me and that's what the issue is here, I think. We really need GGs to help us out on this one since they learned this from the cradle!

I just think with that top you need a longer skirt and the shoes are a little too eye-catching. Then I think it works.

:)

tina

Alice Green
05-14-2009, 11:32 PM
From what i see i like it.

5150 Girl
05-14-2009, 11:56 PM
I like denum skirts. (or almost anyhting denum for that matter)
Anywho, I don't think the skirt is the problem per-se, I think I would try a diferent top, and or shoes with it. I would also try a lighter shade of hose to. The blue skirt is lost in all the balck that's going on.

Christina Horton
05-15-2009, 02:41 AM
I like denum skirts. (or almost anyhting denum for that matter)
Anywho, I don't think the skirt is the problem per-se, I think I would try a diferent top, and or shoes with it. I would also try a lighter shade of hose to. The blue skirt is lost in all the balck that's going on.

I think you and Kerren Hutton would scratch each others eyes out if you ever meet in real life. You love Denim she hates all things denim e.t.c. I can see it know you trying to tell her how good they are she gnawing off her own leg to get that denim smell of her leg sigh. Would be fun to watch.LOL.

VeronicaMoonlit
05-15-2009, 04:16 AM
If you were planning to go out in public, I would agree with your neice. If you are dressing at home for your own pleasure, wear whatever you feel like.

Agreed, the whole outfit "doesn't work", outing wise. However I really do like the top, perhaps paired with some black trousers, that would look nice.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Christina Horton
05-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Agreed, the whole outfit "doesn't work", outing wise. However I really do like the top, perhaps paired with some black trousers, that would look nice.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Christina Never wears Paints or trousers. Like Karren Hutton I despise paints. She only hates and thin denim!!!:eek: