PDA

View Full Version : Being Read

AKAMichelle
03-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Last night I went out to see a movie which I do about once a week. It is a way for me to get away and relax. Last night was a little unusual since a lot of teenagers were at the movie theater. I got read multiple times by women. Many of the women smiled at me. I remember a lot of women have smiled at me in the past.

If I get read by a guy then I get the snarl. I find it interesting how different the 2 sexes are toward crossdressing. Has anyone else experienced this before?

JoAnne Wheeler
03-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Wommen as a general rule are much more liberal and tolerant of crossdressers

UNLESS they are married to one

JoAnne Wheeler

Jilmac
03-24-2009, 01:44 PM
I belive it's because most men can't (or won't) relate to anything feminine in thier own lives, thus looking down their noses at those of us who can.

Kelli Michelle
03-24-2009, 01:47 PM
I have not seen that side much, but guys do tend to be more "macho" about the whole thing, as if it is some assualt on their masculinity. However, I have found that when it's like guys on dates (not with a bunch of other guys) they tend to not react very much at all. When I was at the theater once, not one person said anything derogatory, or gave me any looks, except one woman, who stared at me for several minutes, and I mean stared!!!! We came to the conculsuion that she had mental problems (seriously) as she sorta seemed to be lead around by her husband.

deja true
03-24-2009, 02:01 PM
It seems it's a man thing to constantly be on guard against any threat. The slight frown as a normal facial expression, the forward thrust of the neck as a common stance in walking or standing, often a bit of a swagger when walking with arms held away from the body in readiness, fingers curled. So that any potential threat is met and sized up and the opponent can see that you're ready for whatever may come. And anything new or different or odd is a portential threat, not just an oddity.

A guy in a dress is a threat. Not so much to his person or his property, but a threat to his stance as a man, as a warrior, as an alpha dog. You'll get the scowl, like an alpha dog gives a growl, in order to let you know who's on top, to chase you away before it comes to tooth and claw.

Women, surrounded by warriors, feel safe enough to entertain their curiosity and maybe even give a smile and a nod, if they recognize that there's no threat.

Nicki B
03-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Perhaps this thread ought to be called 'Being Accepted'? ;)

Angel.Marie76
03-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Most recent yesterday - I'm in drab, at work, but, ok, I have nice nails & rings, keep my hair down a lot, brows tweezed, sometimes wear light power, etc..

..and I got this snarl from an older fellow, electrician, on site yesterday, as in he took one look at me and just looked like he wanted to belt out F*G! right there in the hallway but just went 'Hmph!'... and I held the door for the b@stard too just out of niceness. But yet I walk down the halls any other day and get fab comments on everything by the women. *shrug* If I were to chalk it up to 'Manly-isms' it would probably fit that guy - He's easily in his late 50s, rough straggly beard and beer gut, hardened calloused hands from busting his butt for 30+ years in the industry, etc. (okay, so I NOTICE those things.. he he) He had his son (20-something) tagging along behind him too, and I get the same weird kinda look from him too. If I were to guess I'd say they've probably been talking about me up and down while onsite.

All I can justify quickly is the 'nurture' profile, if you're born and raised a hater, then it's likely to cause nothing but more hate and contempt in the offspring they breed.

Though, on a side note, I have a wonderful friend who happens to be in journeymen's class with one of this guy's teammates who apparently was in a local gas station as I was coming back from a nightclub at, oh, 1:30am or so. He apparently saw 'someone who looked like me' and noted my car details too, come into the station in 'girly clothing and makeup on' and then take off (apparently being all negative about it, etc cause he thinks he recognized me at the office). My buddy said it took a bit of strength not to belt out "oh yeah, that's my friend! etc. etal." He he... just because he didn't want to cause animosity in the class, but jeez.. I wished they'd hire my friend instead of these troglodytes.

Kate Simmons
03-24-2009, 03:25 PM
If I get a snarl, I snarl back. That usually stops it. Klingons don't take prisoners anyway, everyone knows that.:)

Lorileah
03-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Michele honey that wasn't a snarl that was an endearing come hither look. Guys just don't do well with body language is all. Wanna bet he spent the whole movie stark rigid in case you happened to come in and sit behind him? Even worse when his SO reached over and held his hand he probably peed his pants.

Isn't it great the power we have?

Angel.Marie76
03-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Michele honey that wasn't a snarl that was an endearing come hither look. Guys just don't do well with body language is all. Wanna bet he spent the whole movie stark rigid in case you happened to come in and sit behind him? Even worse when his SO reached over and held his hand he probably peed his pants.

:D :devil: You're awesome Lorileah! :love:

tricia_uktv
03-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Woen will always smile more, its in their nature. I've also found though that young blokes are quite good at it too. It is lovely to be respected for who you are.

amy canada
03-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Don't worry about guys who snarl at you. They're just jealous that they will never look as good as you in that outfit. :heehee:

AKAMichelle
03-24-2009, 10:30 PM

You might cause that reaction. I seriously doubt I do, but my day is coming. I have a friend who is a crossdresser. I looked at pictures of them over the years and she definitely transformed over time to be a head turner. That is what I hope to be one day.

Another thing that I have noticed is that guys notice me the least. Almost every time that I am read it is by a woman. I have very fews times had a bad reaction. Most of the time it has been positive or that sweet little smile. I don't mine being read. It is always better than living in the closet.

Rachel Morley
03-24-2009, 10:43 PM
I find it interesting how different the 2 sexes are toward crossdressing. Has anyone else experienced this before?
You betcha I have! I have never once had a guy smile at me that read me. Whereas women (for the most part) who have read me do smile ... it's not always a smile but it's always non-threatening .... unlike how I feel guys react.

I agree with Deja True. A CDer who gets read by a guy is a guy who is not following the "male code" and is therefore a threat. We're "less of a man" and guys often see this as threatening as they don't understand it (people always fear what they don't understand, and this fear translates into a defense mechanism of rejection). Whereas, I would like to humbly suggest that a guy being somewhat feminine in nature (dressing en femme in public) is not seen as a potential threat to a woman. It's different I grant you, but I'm thinking a macho guy is more threatening to a woman than one who is wearing a dress and trying to blend into background. :2c:

Mitzi
03-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Just a passing thought...

Women aren't threatened by us, we're a novelty, they're more curious than uncomfortable.

Men, on the other hand, are threatened by us...they think all crossdressers are gay, and of course, they have to show their contempt for us, lest they might be seen as being gay themselves.

Mitzi

vikki2020
03-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Yes, all the time, at least the woman smiling.What is cool, is that it's almost the same smile,no matter what other factors are involved,age,etc. The "smilers" also say "hi" a lot! Makes my day! Don't get a lot of snarls, but sometimes the occasional "hey dude" from guys.

Nikki A.
03-25-2009, 09:31 AM
It seems to me that women are more complimentary and accepting. A few males who are friends (and I had to tell) who now know who are either "so ok or if that's what you like fine". That included my friend's husband, his dad and a former co-worker. That's because we were all attending the same affair and I wanted to be sure his parents would not be uncomfortable. Also cleared it with the brides.

TxKimberly
03-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Yup Yup, been there done that. Every woman I have sat next to on airplanes has chatted with me. Not one single male has spoken to me. That's all right with me though, I'm not terribly interested in talking to guys anyway - they bore me. :-)

Karren H
03-25-2009, 09:58 AM
I probably get read a lot but I don't really pay attention to people watching me but no one has snarled at me to my face before!!! I'd probably snarl back!! Hahaha.