PDA

View Full Version : Binder Marks

Thornton
03-24-2009, 04:44 PM
The story:

I got home late yesterday after a long day and went to my room to change. I performed my arduous morning routine in reverse:

1)Remove Hoodie,
2)remove t-shirt,
3)remove medium sized binder (http://underworks.com/ftm/ style 997),
4)remove top bra (medium sized, title nine fog bra),
5)remove tank top that prevents itching and chafing
6)remove bottom bra (ordinary sports bra from Walmart)
7)breathe

However, it was after I performed this process that I noticed a something to break the routine. Dead skin in the crease of my chest. I picked at it a little, until I saw pink, raw, flesh and felt stinging.

Question:
Am I binding wrong? Are there ways to prevent this?...I would say I'm a medium-sized guy. Not exactly slim but not significantly overweight. I've been binding the the way I described for almost two months now. Looking in the mirror, I notice dark imprints from the binders under my armpits and over my shoulders, and drying/flaking skin...between my breasts, I guess I'll admit.

Is this supposed to be happening? Should I do anything differently?

I'd appreciate any advice.

mistunderstood
03-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Do you sweat alot? Might need a layer of cloth to absorb sweat. Plus try Gold Bond powder to help with that. The stuff is great and feels cool to the skin. O and Corn starch helps to.

ZenFrost
03-24-2009, 07:27 PM
The two basic binding strategies are binding and layering. When I bind, I wear one binder, when I layer, I layer loosely. Skin needs to breathe, binding with too many tight layers for too long is damaging. If I were you I would: try to bind a bit less, not wear so many tight layers - one or no bras would be better, for the short term try to cut back as much as possible to let your skin recover. Layering clothing loosely can hide breasts just as well as binding, Lex's guide (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50305) is a great help.

Kristopher
03-25-2009, 09:24 AM
holy shit how do you breath and how are you living through the back pain? I agree with Zen try wearing just one binder and then a couple layers if you still need some extra help looking flat. I know the feeling of wanting to look flat but ya might want to give your ribs and chest a break. Remember even bio guys do not have completely flat chests.

Oh yeah and try like the tri top binder or the longer one similar to the tri top. They bind better than the one you are using so you need less layers.

John
03-25-2009, 10:18 AM
I swear by vaseline and talk-pouder

Thornton
03-25-2009, 04:28 PM
So today, I went without binding so much and took the loose layer approach instead. Of course, after one day, I can't say anything about the dark imprints, but exposed skin on my chest is healing up well. I'll give it another day before I go back. I'll try Vaseline tomorrow as well.

I can actually breathe just fine. It surprised me my first time as well, but my breathing is only slightly constricted. It's like someone's giving me a hug all day...Though I don't bind all day. When I do, my shoulders will start to get sore after...about 16 hours. So, to avoid this, I only bind when I go out.

Thanks for all your advice so far.

4serrus
03-26-2009, 07:56 PM
With all those layers you're probably sweating like hell. Sweat leads to chafing, which sounds like what's happening here. Man how do you not melt with all that? You must not live in a high humidity zone...

Thornton
03-29-2009, 07:09 AM
I don't believe I sweat. At the end of the day, I don't feel anything wet, but, who knows? Maybe it all gets absorbed by that time...

Temperature wise, it's been pretty comfortable. Winter's always unbearably freezing here in New England. All those layers just kept my torso at a comfortable temperature and blocked the wind. But spring has arrived, and summer's approaching...

gendernonconformist
04-29-2009, 03:50 PM
I can see why layer is needed as I also bind but all that lot seems abit unessary,I honestly cant see why you would put anything under your binder?
there is little in the way of chaffing i have found it cuases.maybe the aount of clothing you have on isnt helping the caffing,rubbing of skin hence forth your problem?
Maybe cut down on the under layers,bras on top and under a binder will not help passing matters or other matters
it just adds to a build up of layering around said area.try less
less is more apprently:)