PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Women's Tourney

miss janel
03-24-2009, 06:24 PM
I find this time of the season very helpful and inspiring. Seeing several of the female coaches and the way they dress as they coach their team to victory. Many of the coaches are not a average size women and some look very professional/business like on the sideline. It is not easy to be a coach, then to put on a blouse, short skirt, pantyhose, heels and acting professional about it.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/big10/sports/w-baskbl/auto_action/395129.jpeg

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/big10/sports/w-baskbl/auto_action/a-minnborton150.jpg

vikki2020
03-24-2009, 06:34 PM
That's a good observation.Of course, they are wearing $1000 suits, but still a good model for dressing style.

StaceyJane
03-24-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm a huge women's basketball fan. I'm watching a game right now. I try to take my daughter to a women's game every year.

Karren H
03-24-2009, 10:03 PM
I was standing behind this really well dressed woman the other day at McDonalds and she had to be 6' 6".... I almost asked her where she shopped!! But being 5' 9" her wardrobe would not fit me at all!! Lol

Shari
03-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Yes, the head coaches do look good and dress very nicely.

But the players..........
Ugh!
Talk about a total lack of femininity.

Let's talk women's golf.
Now there's some lookers for you.

Teri Jean
03-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Yes but Karen they would have fit meeeeeee......... nuts missed another opportunity. LOL Keli

Actually I work at an university in the area of athletics and the female coaches are usually in sweats, shorts or workout suits but come game day they are dressed as very sharp women with the hair, nails, make-up, skirts, and heels. These are the moments when they really shine. Got to love them. Keli

Billie Jean
03-26-2009, 12:53 AM
They let you know they're still ladies. Billie Jean

Phyliss
03-26-2009, 03:29 AM
Of course, they are wearing $1000 suits, but still a good model for dressing style.

Are those suits supplied by the maker as a "showcase" for their latest offering in the world of fashion?
I know that NCAA isn't supposed to "advertise" any one particular brand, but we all know there are ways around everything.

But the players..........
Ugh!
Talk about a total lack of femininity.

I guess it would be difficult to play in hose and heels and a pencil skirt, .. but then,.... might be interesting watching a "jump shot"

... in the area of athletics...the female coaches are usually in sweats, shorts or workout suits but come game day they are dressed as very sharp women...

Gotta look good for the audience.

When actually doing their "coaching" stuff, I can understand the baggy sweats, and when on TV I can understand the business suit, wonder what they wear in the off season when going to the grocery store for the weeks' shopping?

JulieC
03-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Are those suits supplied by the maker as a "showcase" for their latest offering in the world of fashion?
I know that NCAA isn't supposed to "advertise" any one particular brand, but we all know there are ways around everything.

Tell that to Nike, Converse, etc. Their logos are all over college sports gear. If clothes designers wanted to give some freebie high quality skirt suits to women coaches, I'm sure the NCAA would not stop it.

I guess it would be difficult to play in hose and heels and a pencil skirt, .. but then,.... might be interesting watching a "jump shot"

Lingerie bowl anyone? How I hate that crap. :angry:

When actually doing their "coaching" stuff, I can understand the baggy sweats, and when on TV I can understand the business suit, wonder what they wear in the off season when going to the grocery store for the weeks' shopping?

The same things we all wear to the grocery store, I'm sure.

MsJanessa
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Joanne Palumbo McCallie is the womens coach at Duke---use to coach at UMO up here in Maine---not only is she hot but she makes around 1/2 million a year---she can afford a nice skirt suit and looks good in it besides.

Cary
03-26-2009, 10:34 AM
This brings back memories of my high school english teacher. She played college basketball in her youth, so she was tall with large feet. Everyday of class she was always dressed to the nines(hose, heels, etc.) She had great taste in clothes and was one of my first examples on how to dress.

pahosegirl
03-27-2009, 04:57 PM
I think many of the coaches that are female do not feel feminine enough to wear skirts or show leg so they wear suits or pants. Only a couple like Arizona State coach or one or 2 others wear skirts...The few that tried it did not look good so I think they stay with what works.

JoAnne Wheeler
04-03-2009, 04:26 PM
I love women's basketball - have you seen Jayne Arpell who plays for Stanford

She is a doll - a big doll, but still a real doll

JoAnne Wheeler

Jennifer Brooks
04-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Finally, someone brings up the Women's Tournament. Yes the women dress real nice and yes the suits are very expensive............. or are they? I usually look at their assistants and sideline helpers. They are usually dressed a little bit more casual, no suits but plenty of heels. By the way, OU is winning it all and Sherri Cole who is the picture of Coaching beauty (I always love to see how she is dressed and what style her hair is in) will finally get by UConn.

linnea
04-03-2009, 06:16 PM
It is wonderful to see bigger, athletic-looking women look so great. And the women's basketball tournament is fantastic.

bimini1
04-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Finally, someone brings up the Women's Tournament. Yes the women dress real nice and yes the suits are very expensive............. or are they? I usually look at their assistants and sideline helpers. They are usually dressed a little bit more casual, no suits but plenty of heels. By the way, OU is winning it all and Sherri Cole who is the picture of Coaching beauty (I always love to see how she is dressed and what style her hair is in) will finally get by UConn.

Yes OU has a super squad. The Paris twins are great, and that wiry guard, what's her name...Robinson I think. She does as good a job as any getting to the hole. Plus the coach is a real doll.
I see a UConn/OU finals. Although Stanford & Louisville will not be push overs, Appel is really fundamentally sound inside, but Stanford will need a more balanced attack against the Huskies. They've got soooo many weapons, Moore, Montgomery.

And believe me if you were to see some of these players dressed to the nines and all dolled up you would not recognize them. Which could lead into a interesting discussion on gender dynamics.