PDA

View Full Version : toilet fixation

Shari
03-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Okay, enough already.

Why are there so many threads that fixate on which toilet to use?
Is there some kind of obsession with sitting down versus standing up going on here?
How could that make you feel more feminine, let alone safer?

I've had a few occasions to see women's facilities in my lifetime, and aside from no urinals being present, there's nothing that special in there.

If you have male plumbing, use the men's room.
If you have female plumbing, use the women's room.
It doesn't matter how you're dressed. It's part of the price you pay for going out dressed.

An alternative is for all public facilities to add a third restroom. Think that will "flush"?

The other alternative is to hold it until you get home.

TommiTN
03-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Okay, enough already.

Is there some kind of obsession with sitting down versus standing up going on here?

I've had a few occasions to see women's facilities in my lifetime, and aside from no urinals being present, there's nothing that special in there.

It doesn't matter how you're dressed. It's part of the price you pay for going out dressed.

An alternative is for all public facilities to add a third restroom. Think that will "flush"?

Another alternative is to use the men's while dressed and risk getting livin' carp beat out of you. It's up to the individual but I prefer to use the restroom dedicated to the gender I'm presenting. Sitting to pee in the ladie's serves two purposes. You blend better, thus possibly avoiding the embarrassment of being read and it's just common courtesy. Women don't like to have to clean the seat before sitting.

cdemily
03-25-2009, 04:15 PM
I agree with you completely Tommi. Although, I have not got the courage to go out in public, I would use the restroom that coincided with the way I was dressed. It just makes sense.

Emily

Bootsiegalore
03-25-2009, 04:19 PM
I always look for family restrooms or i go to someplace like starbucks that has single hole restrooms. The plan is to know where you are going and what facilities exist.... I am a cd so I do not beleive i should be in the "ladies" room unless I am in a gay or trans bar.

just my $0.02

Tara W

pamela_a
03-25-2009, 04:20 PM
I can't agree with you more Tommi. When I'm out and about I always use the ladies room. Too much testosterone in the other one, I don't feel comfortable.

-Paula-

Natalia
03-25-2009, 04:21 PM
I spent 4 years of college in a coed dorm - and the bathrooms were also coed. There was never...not one...assault in the bathroom.

For the love of Odin...

Do the hateful fundies who allege that CD's are somehow going to molest people in public toilets all have men's and ladies rooms in their own homes?

When they visit with other bigots in their homes, do they 'hold it' until they can get to a gender specific bathroom, or do they *GASP and SWOON* pee in a toilet that was once used by the opposite sex?

I am so freaking sick of this twaddle.:sb:

(thus endeth the rant:2c:

Karren H
03-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Guess you've never been iin the ladies room and seen how nicley apointed some of them are? Hmmmmm? Why its worth the risk just to bask in the opulence I dare say!! :)

And if your tired of reading toilet thread then stop reading them and maybe try the plethera of pantie treads out there!! :D

JulieK1980
03-25-2009, 04:29 PM
I would be quite fearful to go into a mens room to use the facilities while dressed.:2c:

pamela_a
03-25-2009, 04:31 PM
And if your tired of reading toilet thread then stop reading them and maybe try the plethora of pantie treads out there!! http://www.tamaracroft.co.uk/Smilies/Big%20grin.gifNow you've done it Karren...more panty threads on the way. Thanks alot :D

-Paula-

DinaMature
03-25-2009, 04:40 PM
....... maybe try the plethera of pantie treads out there!! :D

another topic that gets way too much attention

AllieSF
03-25-2009, 04:48 PM
I agree with Karren. If you don't like a thread, don't read it or post there. We all go through the various phases of developing our femme self and presentation. I believe that we should use the restroom which fits how we are dressed unless there is a specific state law against it. One reason you see a lot of those threads is because most of them have been started by newbies. Give them a break and help them learn, please don't bash them for just asking.

Shari
03-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Yes, absolutely too many toilet threads and too many pantie threads, but I have to read them, you must understand. It's like hating something so much you just can't possibly look away.
It's something you love to hate.

While we're at it, a word that always seems to be used when it comes to toilet selection is "bigot."
Please.

That gets my panties in a bunch too.

JulieK1980
03-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Yes, absolutely too many toilet threads and too many pantie threads, but I have to read them, you must understand. It's like hating something so much you just can't possibly look away.
It's something you love to hate.

While we're at it, a word that always seems to be used when it comes to toilet selection is "bigot."
Please.

That gets my panties in a bunch too.

The word? Or the people who fit that description?:p

I agree though, the word sounds annoying, and the people that fit the description.

Samantha43
03-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Another alternative is to use the men's while dressed and risk getting livin' carp beat out of you. It's up to the individual but I prefer to use the restroom dedicated to the gender I'm presenting. Sitting to pee in the ladie's serves two purposes. You blend better, thus possibly avoiding the embarrassment of being read and it's just common courtesy. Women don't like to have to clean the seat before sitting.

Aren't there laws against using bathrooms of the other gender?

What if you're in the ladies room, get read by a woman and she goes out and tells her husband or boyfriend whom is standing outside waiting for her that there is a pervert in the ladies room? It seems to me that presents a bigger risk of getting the crap beat out of you than using the mens room.

Just a thought......

TommiTN
03-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Aren't there laws against using bathrooms of the other gender?

What if you're in the ladies room, get read by a woman and she goes out and tells her husband or boyfriend whom is standing outside waiting for her that there is a pervert in the ladies room? It seems to me that presents a bigger risk of getting the crap beat out of you than using the mens room.

Just a thought......

Some states do have laws against it, others don't. It pays to know the law beforehand. I think the risk you describe is less than the risk associated with using the men's while dressed. Let's face it, public CDing has certain risks and this is one of them. I've yet to have had any trouble because I used the LR while dressed.

Nicole Erin
03-25-2009, 06:28 PM
I just use whatever restroom is open, regardless of how I am dressed.

Raquel June
03-25-2009, 06:37 PM
The fact that you made this thread makes me wonder if you've ever actually had to use the restroom while out in public.

What's your big plan? Are you going to hike up your skirt and use the urinal, or are you going to stand there making everybody uncomfortable while you wait for a stall to open up? Women's restrooms have a lot more stalls, are more private, and you have a much lower chance of a confrontation.

The only reason I could imagine that you would ever go into the men's room is if your modus operandi was to pretend you were just a guy goofing off and dressing in drag for the fun of it.

That said, I mostly avoid using the restroom altogether in public places unless I'm spending a few hours at a bar, in which case it's usually a gay friendly bar, and I might as well use the men's room and not have to sit on some gross public toilet seat. I get a lot of winks.

Sheila
03-25-2009, 06:38 PM
if you are dressed I would assume you would use the female restroom ............. if you were uncomfortable about using it on your own and were accimpanied by a GG on your outing you could always ask her to accompany you :)

Deborah Jane
03-25-2009, 06:52 PM
If you're going to use the womens facilities, don't forget....

Leave the toilet seat down!!!!

AKAMichelle
03-25-2009, 08:04 PM

We will let you go in first. If you survive then we will congratulate you. Then I will head into the women's restroom. I'm a big chicken - I want to live.

TGMarla
03-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Lately it's only because some municipalities in the U.S. have passed legislation against transgendered persons using the restroom that is for the gender they are presenting. Furthermore, lots of crossdressers are tweaked enough at being out and about, and when you gotta go...well, you gotta go. But the only thing scarier than being out among people en femme is using the ladies' room while out.

So chill.

Raquel June
03-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Okay, enough already.

So if you're complaining about there being too many threads which fixate on toilet use (I actually hadn't noticed that many...) why did you make another one?

Or is it just that there are too many threads that disagree with you?

I think most people try. I rarely even use any public restroom. If anybody actually gets excited about using a public restroom they've got a screw loose.

Lately it's only because some municipalities in the U.S. have passed legislation against transgendered persons using the restroom that is for the gender they are presenting.

A lot of places it's illegal to use the "wrong" restroom. They usually won't do anything unless someone complains, though. They do have the right to card you then kick you out if your license doesn't match the restroom you went in, but it's not like they can detain you until the police come, so you really don't have much to worry about.

I was at a large pub talking to a friend of mine who manages the bar, and he said that he thinks it's weird to see a crossdresser going into the women's room, but it's better than the alternative of said crossdresser going into the men's room with a bunch of drunken rednecks. He said he did have one lady complain once, but basically told her that there are a lot of ugly women out there and she probably couldn't prove that the crossdresser was a man anyway -- although this particular crossdresser does often have quite a bit of chest hair sticking out of his/her low cut tops. I'd probably complain, too, if I were a GG.

sissystephanie
03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
As a senior age CD, with a male problem, I tend to use what is available! Although I am most often dressed feminine when out in public, with no wig or makeup, I present as a man. Therefore, I use the men's facility. But, in an emergency I have been known to use the women's! BTW, I sit to go no matter which I am using!

CD Susan
03-25-2009, 10:11 PM
I am a firm believer in using the rest room for the gender that you are presenting as. I would rather take my chances at using the ladies room than using the mens room while dressed as a woman. I just go right in like I belong there and quickly get the job done (sitting down of course) and then leave without interacting with others.

Susan G
03-25-2009, 10:21 PM
I am seeing a Therapist who specialty is Gender Identity. She does offer a restroom "letter" from her stating something to the effect of Gender identity. This letter is suppose to calm down security and the Police that you are not in there for "Lewd" purposes. :battingeyelashes:

Hope
03-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Okay, enough already.

Amen

I think the issue is that there are some people who are fortunate enough to live lives that are FAR too comfortable, and allow them to get torqued about things that don't significantly matter, like, say, a cross dresser. Some people get torqued because a cross dresser MUST be a fag, and all fags must be pummeled severely in order to get them to be more masculine, the way Jesus wanted them to be. Other people get torqued because they are afraid that a cross dresser might (by her very presence) pollute, or tamper with the sanctity of a public toilet in a ladies room.

The question isn't about being more feminine, the issue is about being able to pee without getting a leg broken by a bigot who thinks his manhood is challenged because someone else chooses to wear a dress. So you see, using the ladies, does, indeed make one safer.

But I am sure that with all of the restroom threads here - you are aware of that.

You are correct. There is nothing special in there. So there is no reason to get torqued about this - but alas... some still do.

A CD presenting as femme in the ladies room is not going to sully the place, or somehow make it less safe for your [-]property[/-] wife or daughter.

Do you think a coma should be part of the price you pay as well? Surely you don't seriously believe that a CD in a men's room is in a safe place?

It would be nice if the world, or even just gender, were as black and white as what you prescribe - but alas... or rather, thank God, the world is a many splendored and richly colored place that dose not fit into simple binary categories very well.

Many places already do this. Not nearly enough, but many are providing non-gendered, or handicapped, or "family" (that one always kind of creeped me out) restrooms. I think all the girls here agree this is the best option, when it is available.

Another alternative would be for people to get less uptight about a CD using the restroom appropriate to her gender identity - or at least the restroom appropriate for the way she is presenting herself.

An even better solution would be to do away with gendered restrooms all together, which thankfully is happening in some places... but I fear would take a level of maturity certain parts of the world are just not ready for.

Sissy_in_pink
03-26-2009, 02:44 AM
Why do we have men's and ladies toilets anyway, all toilets should be a self contained room with a toilet and wash basin in it and a vacant and occupied lock. That way you can lock yourself in do what ever you need in complete privacy.
Just imagine if you had a case of the trots and soiled yourself and had to clean up in front of all the other shoppers, children and all, it would not make any difference whether you were in the male or female toilets, the embarrassment would be the same.:2c:

battybattybats
03-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Why all the bathroom threads?

Because its a decision every CD who goes outside dressed has to consider even if but for a moment.

Because the thought of risking assault or arrest is daunting for many. So much so it keeps some in the closet.

Because the laws are different from place to place as are acceptance levels.

Because their are lying ads on TV, Radio and Newspapers in several areas and internationally via youtube and the like from hate-groups claiming that crossdressing rapists and pedophiles are a danger.

Because there are attempts to repeal existing laws in several places allowing CDs to use the bathroom appropriate to their presentation as well as attempts to prevent similar laws from being enacted in many other places.

Because it's not a simple topic and so threads dealling with seperate facets of the subject or which deal with related aspects that connect to and involve bathrooms cannot easilly be merged into a single thread of Bathroom DOOM :devil:

Why do we have men's and ladies toilets anyway, all toilets should be a self contained room with a toilet and wash basin in it and a vacant and occupied lock. That way you can lock yourself in do what ever you need in complete privacy.

I agree!
I think it's a leftover from sexist (and in some cases religious) notions of women being inherantly unclean and men being inherantly rapists.

Just like racial bathroom, drinking fountain and swimming pool segregation was based on ideas that non-whites were dirty and disease ridden and cannabalistic violent rapists. Oh and they had rules against women, especially white ones, swimming in the same pools as men, especially non-white ones, because of fears that the man might ejaculate in the water and the critters swim into and impregnate a woman. The belief that black men were more likely to ejaculate in the pool and that the result would be an 'inferior half-caste' child were arguments used in Australia to keep black people especially black men out of many public swimming pools until the 60's iirc when the freedom riders in their bus went from town to town preaching equality and flagrently breaking the segregation laws.

In our case we don't need a bus of lawbreaking freedom fighters, just people willing to play a part in effecting votes and public opinion.

Kate Simmons
03-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Holy crap. Are we reduced to talking about this stuff? Common sense is needed when having to go. The context of the situation and location make the difference. In any case, if someone has a problem where and when I have to go, they can just p**s off really.:straightface:

battybattybats
03-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Holy crap. Are we reduced to talking about this stuff? Common sense is needed when having to go. The context of the situation and location make the difference. In any case, if someone has a problem where and when I have to go, they can just p**s off really.:straightface:

And when you are arrested?

Because depending on the law where you live (even if the law currently protects you there is an organised movement that has been attacking those protections, usually successfully and your area could be next) you could well end up arrested.

And, dressed as a girl, be put in with the men in lock-up.

Suddenly not so trivial a subject?

Kate Simmons
03-26-2009, 11:12 AM
I know Batty. I was being facetious. I just wanted to point out that just because we need to relieve ourselves, it doesn't relieve us of using our noodle in the first place in considering the situation.

Lorileah
03-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Does it really matter? In this crazy mixed up world is anyone going to remember in 100 years?

All this seems strange to me. You look female (hopefully) and you walk into a female restroom, you find an open stall, you turn you close the door you LOCK the door, you lift your skirt (or lower your slacks) pull down whatever undergarments you have. You put your rear in the open part of the seat, you do your thing. You do the hygienic part and stand repeat in reverse order your undressing and flush (if not automatic). You wash your hands, check your makeup and hair. Talk if you will to the woman who is there and leave.

You don't reach under the stall you don't do the foot taps (Never in all my years have I seen that occur in any restroom male, female or gay). Most women don't care. Just like most men don't care at the concert venue or sporting stadium when a woman does not want to wait 20 minutes to get in the gender respective restroom. Those are the one's with the guts. Have you ever noticed how shall we say nasty those restrooms are? If there isn't a law against it, just be discrete

Sam-antha
03-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Leave the toilet seat down!!!!

It is so much more easier to sit on it when it is down.

Thinks " Now I know why there are so many puddles in men's toilets.
It is just a matter of balance."
~Samm

msginaadoll
03-26-2009, 08:33 PM
I think this is a reoccuring theme, because it is one that many are concerned about. I for one have limited the number of drinks Ive had at places because I didnt want to have to decide which restroom to use(And I only drink pop, or ice tea not alcohol). I think many see it including me as a greater deal of acceptance or passing, if you use the female bathroom without difficulty/incidence, etc. That you are considered one of the girls, of the club/etc. I dont mean that juvenile in the least. I mean it that you can be accepted or even tolerated in public, but in the restroom which in many ways is still a private area. What is kind of sad though is so many people expressing the fear that someone is going to beat them up or harm them if they use the mens restroom. If so shouldnt u try to make sure that it is also unoccupied, or alert security to your situation and have them assist/stand guard. Im sure the question will come up again and thats allright. After all what topic is really original or hasnt been discussed yet. Just my two cents.

Eve_WA
03-26-2009, 10:19 PM
How I was taught was to always use the bathroom that you are presenting as.

In the nearly one year that I have been out enfemme, I have always used the female restroom, and never had any issues other than a knowing glance or wink from the other female patrons. And there are mainstream restaurants and stores.

I dont believe that WA state has any restroom laws, but I will have to verify that, just so I know.

The things for me is, walk in like you own the place, do your biz, and get out like any one else would. If you dont act like you dont belong, most will never question it.

Eve

amy canada
03-27-2009, 01:24 AM
Has anyone here ever thought to just email a place, such as a mall or a store, to ask what their policies are in regards to crossdressers and restrooms? I think I just might do that so I'll know for the future which restroom and/or fitting room to use.

Raquel June
03-27-2009, 03:39 AM
Has anyone here ever thought to just email a place, such as a mall or a store, to ask what their policies are in regards to crossdressers and restrooms? I think I just might do that so I'll know for the future which restroom and/or fitting room to use.

No manager would officially say that it's OK for men to use the women's restroom. They could get sued.

If they're reasonable they won't kick you out, won't call the police, and may even tell you it's fine, but if you call I can't imagine anyone would tell you over the phone that they endorse letting men in the women's room.

Senban
03-27-2009, 05:21 AM
Raquel June said - "No manager would officially say that it's OK for men to use the women's restroom. They could get sued.

If they're reasonable they won't kick you out, won't call the police, and may even tell you it's fine, but if you call I can't imagine anyone would tell you over the phone that they endorse letting men in the women's room."

Fair points. But contacting a shop's head office might lead to them sending you a copy of their corporate policy documents which relate to such issues. And if they don't have such documents it might at least give them pause to consider the situation and come up with some kind of policy.

I have a busy weekend of studying and assignment writing ahead of me but I think after I've got that out of the way I might send a few emails requesting such information from some nearby places just for information. Might be interesting :)

jenniferj
03-27-2009, 11:06 AM
I think that the issue isn't "I want to make pee-pee like a girl" but rather "I don't want to be embarrassed and/or arrested"

Obviously, if you pass well you can and should use the ladies' room and there is no issue. If you don't pass well, it requires a certain amount of courage to walk in and sit down.

I was on a long late night drive in Maine a while ago (completely in guy mode - where I pass quite well, thank you) in the pouring rain. Two liter bottle of diet coke by my side. Almost empty - bottle that is, not my bladder. Nature called. Populated area. Open Burger King. Pulled quickly onto lot, rushed into restaurant, ran to Mens room. In use. Ladies' room door ajar. Knocked on Ladies' door. No answer. Knocked again. Still no answer, and could see that the light was out. Took initiative, entered ladies' room, locked door, relieved myself. Washed my hands, unlocked door stepped out - directly into the confrontational face of the manager. I smiled and said "when ya gotta, you gotta" and he stepped aside. I bought a double whopper (with cheese) and left.

Point is, somebody saw a man enter a single-stall ladies room (after using very reasonable precaution) and ran to the manager. At what point of not passing would the same person have ratted out one of us? With the attendant embassasment. I think that this is the real concern.

As I said elsewhere, I used the public ladies' room in a highway rest stop while accompanied by my wife with no issue. The next day I was at the MOMA in NYC (wet clothes, having been caught in a cloudburst) and chickened out of the ladies' room there. It seemed too personal. Similarly, I would really need to go before using the ladies' room at a cineplex with all the high-school (nasty) girls about.

Another observation; a few years ago we were sitting around the lunch table at work (small engineering company; white/pink collar (if that makes a difference)) and the topic of SexChange came up. One of the woman at the table said "I guess it's ok, but I sure wouldn't want him/her using our ladies' room here..." Another of the women nodded, and no one argued. I asked if it would be all right if she promised to put the seat down and the nastiness of the moment disappated.

Anyway - long post, but I think that this is one of those issues that truely trouble some people. Please be patient with them(us?)

BTW, the laies' room at the BK was wonderful!!!! Ermine towels, champagne fountain, string quartet, with bottled rose water for the bidet. :daydreaming:

-jj

Lorileah
03-27-2009, 11:15 AM
BTW, the laies' room at the BK was wonderful!!!! Ermine towels, champagne fountain, string quartet, with bottled rose water for the bidet. :daydreaming:

-jj

I guess you had it your way :)

battybattybats
03-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Well in New Hampshire watch where you pee.

Cause the anti-crossdressing lying haters just won there preventing you from legally being able to pee there and preventing protection from being kicked out of rental accomodation for crossdressing. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103743

Nicki B
03-28-2009, 11:33 AM

If you'd been here a little longer, you'd know it's about one thread every three to four weeks, and has been, forever.. :rolleyes:

Go in the facilities of the gender you're presenting as - and remember there are cis-men, cis-women AND trans-folk. You get into the best conversations in the ladies, anyway..

Well in New Hampshire watch where you pee.

And, if you live in NH - PLEASE - vote the b*******ds out?

Cindy Lynn
03-28-2009, 11:34 AM
This is another reason to dress appropiatly. If you are going to the mall, dress like the rest of the women your age who are going to the mall. Even if they think they read you, they will still be a bit unsure. Nobody wants to run and get security if they are unsure.

Now if you are at the mall in a cocktail dress 6 inch heels and fishnets, and especially if some part of you that should be shaved, isn't shaved all that well.

The mall, the supermarket, and the diner are places for a tasteful dress, jeans and a tee, or that cute track suit.

If you use a ladies room and you are in some fetish costume, or you need a shave. Well what can I say, you are asking for trouble.

Nicki B
03-28-2009, 12:01 PM
If you use a ladies room and you are in some fetish costume... Well what can I say, you are asking for trouble.

Unless you're at an event where all the genetic women are in fetish costumes, too?

You don't see many people going shopping in fetish wear... It's too expensive to wear out, everyday, for a start? ;)

kellycan27
03-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Had a bad night, and drank a bit too much wine (at home) I've never been a drinker so to speak, and the reason I am not came rushing back that night. I became fixated on the toilet as I woofed my cookies until I believed my inside would soon pop out.

Cindy Lynn
03-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Unless you're at an event where all the genetic women are in fetish costumes, too?

You don't see many people going shopping in fetish wear... It's too expensive to wear out, everyday, for a start? ;)

Oh maybe the fetish wear was an exaggeration but, Dress and act like a lady and you would be surprised how well you get by. Be respectful of others. Don't go out acting like an "in your face" drag queen.

As far as the bathroom goes. If you look like a normal woman, and you get in a stall, do your business, stop at the sink and wash your hands, chances are no one will notice you.

Nicki B
03-29-2009, 07:19 AM
...chances are no one will notice you.

I think that may be being rather optimistic...

Perhaps it's better firstly not to think in a 'guilty' way, as if you've really no right to be there? You're doing something everybody in the world has to do, it's perfectly normal - so act normally and just treat others with ordinary respect and friendliness? :strugglin

battybattybats
03-29-2009, 08:32 AM

You don't know some of my friends!

Long purple fake lashes, bright sparkly eyeshadow, glittery lipstcik, black pvc corset over bright purple top, pinstripe pants with a pink and black pvc skirt over the top and knee-high platform boots with big buckles down the sides. Her GM boyfriend wearing pants with chains and handcuffs hanging off them, a mohawk and tight t-shirt covered in skull designs and chunky military boots.

And that was to a nice upmarket cafe-restaurant for lunch and then shopping in the mall!

cd_britney_426
03-29-2009, 08:51 PM
On the bright side, getting arrested isn't all that likely. I have noticed in general how unobservant most people are about everything. They are busy themselves fiddling with their phones, I-pods, screaming at their kids, thinking about dinner, what they are going to buy, etc. to notice you. Not to say it won't happen. However, I am one to believe in making full use of your time. The longer you loiter around, the more likely you will be noticed. If you act normal, go in the ladies room, don't say anything to anyone in there, sit down on the toilet, and quickly leave, you probably won't even get a second look. In the event that you do, and the person complains to management they are most likely to question you and perhaps ask you to leave the establishment but not likely to call the police. Even if the police were called, if you are just going in and out of the establishment without wasting time, by the time the police would even arrive, you would be long gone. That doesn't mean these aren't issues of concern to us, however. Britney

TJ Tresa
03-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Just to add my 2 cents.
First of all I have yet to get the courage to go out in public.
Secound, if I could pass I most likely use the ladies room, don't know for sure. Living in Tennessee I would be scared to use the men's.
Third, now that I have read this thread and all the input, I serously doubt I will ever go out in public. Really don't need to.

battybattybats
03-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Just to add my 2 cents.
First of all I have yet to get the courage to go out in public.
Secound, if I could pass I most likely use the ladies room, don't know for sure. Living in Tennessee I would be scared to use the men's.
Third, now that I have read this thread and all the input, I serously doubt I will ever go out in public. Really don't need to.

The whole purpose of their campain is to result in that dilemma. Their intention is to prevent you and I from going out dressed. They are trying to forcibly keep us in our closets.

Zenith
03-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Geezzz...I have been to many rock concerts/stadium events where the line out the ladies room was so long the GGs hijacked a mens room...no one got arrested...guys sorta grumbled and wouldn't go in until the last lady left though...:heehee:

JoAnne Wheeler
03-30-2009, 07:48 PM
CD Rule 7 - use the toilet for the way that you are dressed at the time - yep

that's the Rule

JoAnne Wheeler

amy canada
03-31-2009, 12:14 AM
Geezzz...I have been to many rock concerts/stadium events where the line out the ladies room was so long the GGs hijacked a mens room...no one got arrested...guys sorta grumbled and wouldn't go in until the last lady left though...:heehee:

What if it was the opposite and that there was a line at the men's room while the women's room was quite empty? Would us guys be allowed to go to the women's room?

TSchapes
03-31-2009, 06:06 AM
Yes this topic comes up all the time.
At SCC they repeated over and over, use the bathroom that you are presenting as.

For required reading may I suggest you read:"Peeing in Peace" (http://transgenderlawcenter.org/pdf/PIP%20Resource%20Guide.pdf) by the Transgender Law Center.

As they point out in this booklet, it has to do with safety. And not just for the transgendered. When fathers wish to take their daughters to the bathroom, they should be able to take them to either bathroom to stay with them and keep them safe. How about the disabled? If a man has to help a disabled wife go to the bathroom, where should they go?

As Batty points out, there are groups that are trying to use the bathroom issue to keep us from dressing. Good luck with that!

-Tracy

Teresa Macaw
03-31-2009, 06:35 AM
I use these rules:

1. Use a Family one 1st or single use one.

2. Use ladies if dressed as one, but go straight to the stall SIT, don't make man noises, do considerate & clean up. Get out, go straight to the mirror & wash hands & do something female. Make minimal eye contact

3. If all else fails use the men's just as women do.

I've had no problem, the key is blending in & not being a MAN!!!

:brolleyes:

kathrynjanos
03-31-2009, 07:19 AM

Honestly, it could make you safer quite easily. Women are generally a lot more accepting about CD'ing, and a lot less inclined to wish to cause you physical harm because you entered the wrong room. Men, on the other hand, are territorial, and generally distinctly afraid of what they don't understand. Sorry, it's the truth, boys, get used to it.

It also depends, in my opinion, how well you pass. Again, for the most part, pretty much regardless, you're likely to be safer in the women's bathroom, but also, if you pass well, there's likely to be absolutely no problems whatsoever.

My only advice is to KNOW YOUR LAWS before you enter the women's room! It's very important that you know what your legal standing is. If the laws are categorically strict that men go to one, women to another, then you may be on shaky territory, and you have to decide based on where you are and how safe you feel in general if it's worth it to you. You could be arrested if you misinterpret that.

I'd say here is a great time to employ a buddy system. If you don't feel safe, have someone at least wait outside the bathroom for you, or, if they otherwise can, go in with you, so they can check in on you or get help if trouble develops. You never know when a group of lower primates might enter the bathroom and decide to start flinging their shit on you.

Sarasometimes
03-31-2009, 07:40 AM
Guess you've never been iin the ladies room and seen how nicley apointed some of them are? Hmmmmm? Why its worth the risk just to bask in the opulence I dare say!! :)

And if your tired of reading toilet thread then stop reading them and maybe try the plethera of pantie treads out there!! :D

Great answer!!!! I remember having my sister show me the entry way to a ladies room in a hotel (wish we stay at those kinds of places, we just stopped to use thier facilities). There was a seating area and extra mirror with toiletries...I was in shock! Why have seats??? I was maybe 10 or 12 at the time. Apparently even she was impressed.
Karren I love the complaints about having to read a thread??!!!
As for me I try and plan my trip to avoid bathroom issues but if I screw it up I would go ladies room for sure.

Deb The Brunette
04-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Me? I always always always use the ladies room no exceptions, why?.... Cos I can ....and I can think of nothing sillier than standing there with the front of my dress up around my waist having a pee, the image is just so bizzarre, even for me .....and I'm as weird as they come lol (I don't look that weird though...oh ok just a bit then)

Leslie Mary S
04-05-2009, 01:13 PM
When you are a man (drab) be a man, when you are a woman be a woman.
I use the ladies room because I, Leslie, am a lady. How beautiful/ugly/manly I am has nothing to do with it. If you are in femme mode and you use the men's youm you 'OUT' yourself.

Deb The Brunette
04-05-2009, 01:15 PM
when If you are in femme mode and you use the men's youm you 'OUT' yourself.

That's about it, I forgot to mention that myself

tricia_uktv
04-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Isn't it horses for courses - and I'm having a mare!