PDA

View Full Version : Walked away from the checkout through feeling guilty...

heathr1
03-25-2009, 03:53 PM
I've picked up clothes in the shop, then hung them back and walked away from the checkout through feeling guilty.

Have you?

Carole Cross
03-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Yes, I have done that. I am still relatively inexperienced when buying clothes and still feel a little nervous when there are too many people around. I have bought some clothes before, its just a matter of confidence, which I don't have a lot of. I haven't been shopping en femme yet but I will try and arrange that with a TG friend soon.

charlie
03-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Hey, if I go through the store, find the clothes, get things that fit.......I'm going through the whole deal!

Leslie Mary S
03-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Girl don't worry you are beautiful! My daughter says tell you that confidence is a state of mind. You are beautiful so don't be afraid. Go get those cute clothes girl and enjoy them, you deserve to have a closet full of cute clothing every girl needs lots of cute clothes, so my daughter tells me. She is always shopping for me and getting me to buy cute items. Part of being a woman is enjoying all the fun fashions and accessories. Especially shoes in my daughters case!!!!!!!!! LOL

ann stef
03-25-2009, 06:55 PM
but what you like, put back rest on the rack. Women do this all the time.

Leslie Mary S
03-25-2009, 11:11 PM
If you have a Wal-Mart nearby, it might have "self checkout" where you scan everything yourself. Relax, no salesperson will assist you. You can get your basics there and its as cheap in price as you can get for something new.

Geerrrrr I despise Wally World. They moved into our town with scads of stuff of every natural on the shelves at very low prices. This action caused a lot of Mom and Pop specialty stores to have to go out of business. Store that had been in business 40 or 50 years.
Then when every other small specificity store has folded
They 'rearange their store, scatter simular items at opposite ends of the store and stop selling those things that the specialty stores were offering. i.e. we had a fair sized cloth store. Wally-world moved in and offered the same products for about half of the cloth store. Now that the local cloth store has closed the cut back all their sewing notions to half of one isle and no materials. I was looking for men's gold jacket buttons. They had just one display hook for gold buttons and they were the wrong type.
Their logic, No one was buying them. Of course not, if you don't stock what you have and don't have what customers want.
We in the smaller towns to not have blocks and blocks of malls and stores to shop from. Now the nearest clothing store is a Handcock fabric in Cookeville about 30 miles from my house.

CD Susan
03-25-2009, 11:44 PM
I never feel guilty or embarassed about buying womens clothes. If I go through the process of finding something that I like and if it is in my size then I will buy it. It does not matter to me what other people think.

Elise.Matei
03-26-2009, 03:06 AM
I've picked up clothes in the shop, then hung them back and walked away from the checkout through feeling guilty. Have you?

No...if I actually take the time to pick out the clothes I will buy them then. To me the hard part is lingering with other women in the womens section or in the coz dept. Once I get what I want, who cares what the cashier thinks or says. Like SHE matters to ME. Puhlease.... we're talkin minimum wage earner? Hello? LOL.

Angie G
03-26-2009, 04:28 AM
Never had that happen Heather.:hugs:
Angie

ladybirdloves
03-26-2009, 04:32 AM
I like the idea of the self service check out but still not sure if I could do it in case anyone saw me.

TaylorAB
03-26-2009, 05:00 AM
I have never put anything back once I have a missile lock on it :heehee: I do have bouts of nervousness at times:o, but that depends on my mood. Since I have done a lot of research concerning how my dimensions translate into women's clothes sizes, I am able to approach shopping like a mission when I go to the store. I execute that mission then leave (that's the boy part of me). Since I have a mission or plan in my head, I'm too busy with it to notice whether anyone around me is watching me.

There are times though when I just let peoples' assumptions work in my favor. For instance, two weeks ago I saw a dress online at Target. I decided to go to the local Target store and check out the dress. When I got there, I realized that I wouldn't really look good in the dress because of how it was cut. So as I am ready to leave, a pair of jeans catches my eye. I give them the once over, but I'm not exactly sure they will fit me well (they weren't the usual brand I buy). I go up to the SA and ask her if the size 8 women's jeans would fit 37-1/2 hips. She assumed I was buying them for a friend, at least that was my first impression. She asked another SA to come over and asked if my friend was the SA's shape. I said yes. She asked how tall my friend was and I said my height. She looked at me and said go in the dressing room and try them on if they fit you then they'll fit her :eek: At that point, I thinking I'm busted, but she said that she buys her husbands pants that way?!

Anyhow I take the jeans go in the fitting room, try them on, they look great and I come back out of the fitting room and tell the SA thank you. I proceed to the check out, buy them and leave :) What an experience that was, especially since it was the first time that I had ever tried on women's clothes at the store.

Highland Anne
03-26-2009, 05:01 AM
I have done that in the past walk out of a shop if it is too full of people. Nerves would get the better of me.

Karren H
03-26-2009, 05:51 AM
Nope!! Don't think I've ever done that... If they are in my hand I'm heading for the checkout!!

JulieC
03-26-2009, 09:43 AM
I did it once, but not out of guilt per se.

I'd just popped in to buy some pantyhose, and had a couple pairs in my hand as I was walking up to check out. Suddenly, no more than 50 feet away, was a woman who worked for me at the time.

BAIL. RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

I dashed into some racks of clothes, kinda crouched down, ditched the hose as soon as I could and got out of there as fast as possible.

MsJanessa
03-26-2009, 09:58 AM
I've picked up clothes in the shop, then hung them back and walked away from the checkout through feeling guilty.

Have you?

only when I put them on my already overburdened credit card.

Cary
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Don't feel bad. I use to do that all the time, untill I realized that I have the right to buy any clothing I can afford. I also notice nobody was paying attention to me, because I started acting like it was a natural thing.:2c:

Cristi
03-26-2009, 10:24 AM
I like the idea of the self service check out but still not sure if I could do it in case anyone saw me.

Funny thing about self service... there aren't too many of them around here yet, and I tend to avoid them when in drab. So every time I've TRIED to use them when dressed, I mess something up and it beeps for an associate to come help me anyway. So in the end, I probably draw MORE attention fumbling through the self service than I would have just checking out in a normal lane. :eek:

I've had to remove items that I'd already scanned, had items that would not scan correctly, and paid with a credit card. All three of which require intervention from a cashier.

It didn't matter in the end anyway. Any time I've had problems with the self checkout, the cashier that came over to help me was nothing but helpful and courteous.

As it turns out, I kind of like going through the checkout process while dressed anyway. Seeing the cashier taking my new bras off the hanger and folding them to put in the bag, scanning each pair of panties, folding the skirt... I just watch it all happening knowing that SHE knows that they are all things I'll be wearing soon.

alexmusic
03-26-2009, 11:02 AM
I feel you girl I went out shopping on Sunday and was very determined, walked in and out of the store feeling guilty like hell with no new clothes :(

But yesterday at lunch I went and got me a new bra, panties and a new cute top without even thinking about it.:D

I have a Ross and a Target I tend to shop at a lot and feel comfortable at them, I find that it is usually when I shop for the first time at a new store I may chicken out on the first try.

But hang in there it does get easier with time.

DonnaT
03-26-2009, 11:38 AM
I remember once, going into a JCP store with my wife, and found a lovely pink embroidered bra and panty set, and even better, the bra was gel filled.

Trouble was, my wife wouldn't buy them for me. She said if I wanted them I had to buy them myself.

Well, I definitely wanted them, so found myself nervously standing in line with a number of ladies.

Ever since managing to stick that experience out, I've never had a problem buying again.

Elise.Matei
03-26-2009, 07:54 PM
I have never put anything back once I have a missile lock on it :heehee: I do have bouts of nervousness at times:o, but that depends on my mood. Since I have done a lot of research concerning how my dimensions translate into women's clothes sizes, I am able to approach shopping like a mission when I go to the store. I execute that mission then leave (that's the boy part of me). Since I have a mission or plan in my head, I'm too busy with it to notice whether anyone around me is watching me.

There are times though when I just let peoples' assumptions work in my favor. For instance, two weeks ago I saw a dress online at Target. I decided to go to the local Target store and check out the dress. When I got there, I realized that I wouldn't really look good in the dress because of how it was cut. So as I am ready to leave, a pair of jeans catches my eye. I give them the once over, but I'm not exactly sure they will fit me well (they weren't the usual brand I buy). I go up to the SA and ask her if the size 8 women's jeans would fit 37-1/2 hips. She assumed I was buying them for a friend, at least that was my first impression. She asked another SA to come over and asked if my friend was the SA's shape. I said yes. She asked how tall my friend was and I said my height. She looked at me and said go in the dressing room and try them on if they fit you then they'll fit her :eek: At that point, I thinking I'm busted, but she said that she buys her husbands pants that way?!

Anyhow I take the jeans go in the fitting room, try them on, they look great and I come back out of the fitting room and tell the SA thank you. I proceed to the check out, buy them and leave :) What an experience that was, especially since it was the first time that I had ever tried on women's clothes at the store.

You are sooo cool!

Lori A
03-26-2009, 09:02 PM
:rant: I've bought 90 to 95% of what I have, which dwarfs the collection of girley stuff of my wife and daughter. A pair of panties or a bra, or cami top, sometimes more than one or two pieces at a time over several years, but usually at least one item every time I go grocery shopping, which is almost weekly as I drive a truck and you can't put much more than a weeks worth in a 40 quart cooler.
I have never had a problem buying ANYTHING be it clothes, shoes, make-up, ear rings. I was in a Wally World a couple of years ago when the SA's were rolling out a rack of clearance as I was going to the Automotive section for some Rain-X and I noticed some cute dresses in passing. On the way back I stopped to browse and found a cute sun dress and a "Little Black Dress" in my size so I grabbed them up. One was $2.00 the other was $3.00. As I was walking away one of the middle aged SA's asked loud enough for all in the area to hear, "Do you think they'll be the right size?" obviously trying to embarrass or out me I felt, but I just smiled and said I hope so and had a great day.
It may be that I get some anonymity by shopping out on the road because it's not likely that any one I know will see me, but it is still fun.
One of these days I may venture into one of those disappearing "Mom & Pop" stores that Leslie Mary S spoke of. They are a quaint part of Americana which I love, but bargains are harder to find and the help is at minimum wage if that with little chance for getting into a group health care plan.
Wal-Mart can announce that they are opening a Super Center in an area and will need 300 or 400 associates and 15,000 to 20,000 will apply. You'll never see that kind of a line out side Mom & Pop store, and where and when the union organized a picket outside of a Wal-Mart they may pay the protesters $6.50 per hour to protest the non-union labor for the Wal-Mart Associates inside who are earning somewhere between $9.50 & $12.00 to work inside depending on the area of the country the store is in. The only employer larger than Wal-Mart is currently the Government, and they are no where near as efficient, no matter which department you need to deal with.
Shop on girls, and don't be bashful or ashamed of what you are purchasing,. Your money is just as green and the women in front of and behind you, and while they may say something to make you blush, they, like all cashiers, will be more than happy to help you part with it.:sb::hf:

PretzelGirl
03-27-2009, 02:02 PM

Nothing in a store goes unnoticed. I can't say all of them are the same, but the checkout in my area has a screen by the SA whose job is to help when you have issues. That screen shows all of the items you are scanning. I went through one last night and deliberately went by the SA's screen to see it and there was a bra, top, and make-up remover.

Just go for it anyway. It is like trying on shoes. You may wait for the person to go around the corner, but the security people are still looking at their monitor to see what the camera over your head shows.

Anyone paranoid now? :D

<3 Keri Lynn <3
03-27-2009, 06:41 PM
I havent done that because my little sister knows about me and helps when buying stuff. I pick it out and she walks up to the counter for me, our relationship has been 100x better since I came out to her.

*Hugs*Kisses*

joann07
03-27-2009, 07:37 PM
No. That hasn't happened to me.
During my early days of shopping, I was nervous, but the more I did it I realized that there's nothing to be ashamed of.
I realized there are no shopping police to tell you what you can and can't buy and you don't have to explain to anyone why you're buying what you're buying.

In these current economic times, stores and businesses are happy to make any kind of sale so I'm sure they don't care what you buy as long as it brings in $$$$.

Hugs!

JoAnne Wheeler
04-03-2009, 04:23 PM
You lost your courage !!!! Well stop that !!! Try being a big girl and just do

it - you can, we have.

JoAnne Wheeler

Fab Karen
04-04-2009, 06:30 PM
No. That hasn't happened to me.
During my early days of shopping, I was nervous, but the more I did it I realized that there's nothing to be ashamed of.
I realized there are no shopping police to tell you what you can and can't buy and you don't have to explain to anyone why you're buying what you're buying.

Hugs!
That's so true ( though some people could be greatly helped if there was a "fashion cop" warning them not to buy that horrid outfit ):)

I have a distant memory of ( needlessly ) waiting til near closing time of a thrift shop just so I could buy what I wanted. That makes me laugh now.
Listen to Nike, girls: JUST DO IT.