PDA

View Full Version : Came out to Children this week

Bootsiegalore
03-25-2009, 04:36 PM
I have 17 and 14 year old sons. Last week I finally decided to come out to them. They both said they had an Idea. (I dressed up for halloewwn as Sara Palin)

Anyway... They accept me and now I am out and dress 3-5 times a week... YAY! My wife and I had a girls day out last weekend. We got dressed (to the nines) and went shopping and to a fancy lunch. It was awsome. We go to the restraunt every week. The hostess recognised my wife, then looked at me and did a double take..... She recognized us!

Waitress was great... She has waited on us before also. I always over-tip that is just my philosophy (... Steve Martin, My Blue Heaven) We had an awsome day.

Tara W

Kimberly Marie Kelly
03-25-2009, 05:01 PM
They actually knew for 15 years, I guess I didn't hide it well. But it is nice they are accepting of me. You are so fortunate that your wife is accepting, I wish I had an accepting spouse, mine left me. Cherish your wife. :battingeyelashes:

Sheila
03-25-2009, 06:30 PM
al 3 of my Kids know that Debs dresses ... my 12 year old is super cool with it, my daughter gives him has given her advice on what look is best.

Glad your kids are cool with you :)

DeeInGeorgia
03-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the growing crowd. I told my two sons in January. They are fine with it.

Dee

Mrs. X (gg)
03-25-2009, 07:21 PM
My fiancé and I live together and he would love to have my "thumbs up" to tell my 7 yr old son and to be free to express himself at home without the need to hide.

Im not there yet...and don't know if I will ever be.

I must say I admire you, your family and everyone who breaks the ice and have the courage to take this step. It's the most brave and difficult step in my POV.

:hugs:

paulaN
03-25-2009, 07:39 PM
I told both of my kids last November after my divorce. I felt that they should know who there dad is and why we divorced. (Cuz I am a cd.) They were 21 and 19. The oldest the girl was not and is still not cool with it. In fact she wishes I had not told her. The youngest the boy was and still is cool with it. He does not understand it. But he is ok with it just the same. Neither child had a clue that there dad was a cd. I thougt they had a little clue. The funny thing is that I thought there reactions would be just the opposite. Boy not cool, girl cool. Go figure.

docrobbysherry
03-25-2009, 07:47 PM
My oldest is getting married this week. The one in high school, is dealing with having an openly gay mom!:doh:

Neither of them have a clue about me! If someone told them, they wouldn't believe it! Heck, if I told them, they mite NOT BELIEVE IT!:eek:

CD Susan
03-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Congratulations on coming out to your sons. This makes things so much more comfortable when you do not have to hide it. My ex-wife outed me to our son when he was nine years old. She did this just to spite me at the time of the divorce but it backfired on her. He was cool with it then and still is 15 years later. She was not cool with it so we are better off not together.

Elise.Matei
03-26-2009, 12:01 AM
U sure got hot legs, so it's okay with me too! (But OMG Sarah Palin? That is SO apropos for Halloween, LOL)

Sarah...
03-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Well done. :) That's good news!

Sarah...

Angie G
03-26-2009, 04:22 AM
Licky girl :hugs:
Angie

Gabrielle Hermosa
03-26-2009, 04:55 AM
I think it's awesome that you came out to your kids! :)

I wish more cd's (with kids) would do this, but I understand why some do not.

Sounds like your girls day out was quite a nice one too. You're not over tipping your waitress, btw. Seems to me she's earning it as she sounds pretty cool. :)

Highland Anne
03-26-2009, 05:32 AM
You were brave coming out to your kids good on you.

JulieC
03-26-2009, 09:35 AM
My fiancé and I live together and he would love to have my "thumbs up" to tell my 7 yr old son and to be free to express himself at home without the need to hide.

Im not there yet...and don't know if I will ever be.

I must say I admire you, your family and everyone who breaks the ice and have the courage to take this step. It's the most brave and difficult step in my POV.

:hugs:

You don't have to be there.

One notion that is somewhat common among CDers is always looking for more and more and more acceptance. You get some acceptance, you want more. You get more, you want even more.

You should not accept more than what you want to accept. Being here on this forum, and obviously accepting your fiancé's dressing at least to some level, is amazing. Absolutely amazing!

Do not pressure yourself our allow yourself to feel pressured to do things you voice admiration for here. That will only sour your feelings on CDing.

kathrynjanos
03-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Very lucky - you have good kids, obviously, and it speaks very well to your parenting skills, both you and your wife. Congratulations on a major step!