PDA

View Full Version : Hiding Out

Hollyster
03-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Hello! I'm new here. Not new to dressing though! Well, the thing is......is that I do have a girl friend. And we do live together in an apartment, one room. She doesn't have clue about this side of me, no one does. It's getting a little hard to hide some of my clothes. I have purged twice already because i just ran out of hiding spots. I was wondering if any has any ideas or just stories of how you hid your clothing before you coming out. Thanks.

trannie T
03-25-2009, 11:11 PM
You might try the honest approach and tell her that you are a crossdresser.

Melora
03-25-2009, 11:18 PM
TRY to "change" this part of You AND Just "TELL HER!!"
READ The history!!
Please be a Happy CD and just tell Her the Truth...
Dont be like me and most of the others Here....

amaya
03-25-2009, 11:19 PM
If your anything like the way I use to be with all my roommates and apartments. We would move pretty much every 6 to 12 months. So I always had boxes I was to lazy to unpack. I used to just keep a couple of the boxes with all my stuff in them, and on those times when I was worried about someone finding them I would just tape up the box and it would just look like one of the rest.

Elise.Matei
03-25-2009, 11:27 PM
The questions you have to ask yourself are: How hot is she to you? What are your chances of getting another gf like her or better than her if u lose her? Do u love her? How important is CD'ing to u? Is it a chic' kink or are u truly transgendered or are u unsure. How hip is she? Is she is far to the right politically or religiously, than I guess not much.

If u are really torn becuz u need or think u need to CD all the time, then just out urself to her and see what she says. Maybe she'll get off on it.

AllieSF
03-25-2009, 11:38 PM
I always love the way people here forget the question and just "have" to tell you how to live your life, assuming that you do not know how. To almost answer your question, just do a search for a very recent post that discussed this specific topic of where to hide your stuff. There were a lot of good ideas there. Good luck.

Elise.Matei
03-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Read my last sentence - I DID answer the question and reserve the right to voice my opinion as long as I am posting in a manner consistent with the policies and guidelines of this website. Thank you.

mklinden2010
03-26-2009, 06:32 AM
Hollyster,

Nope.

No great hiding places and no great stories about hiding things.

I realized very early on that no one I lived with was hiding clothes from me, or, anyone else, so why should I?

Of course, questions did come up.

"Whose is this?"

"Mine."

"What? That's weird!"

"That? No, that's not weird. It's a 40C."

"40C? I had no idea they made such things."

"Oh, sure. It's just like everything else; you have to shop around."

"Where do you shop?"

"Any place that takes money."

Turns out, breaking the ice is the hardest thing to do and some CDs put it off for years. But, once done, everyone gets used to it - so long as you are consistent about what you do AND you aren't weird about it yourself.

Don't worry, be happy...

If not this GF, then the next one. It's not so unlikely.

If I tell my GF about your post, she'll smile, put a finger to her head - and pull an imaginary trigger.

People don't want to be lied to; they want to know who they can count on.

Right now, in that department, you basically have nothing....

Good luck and good living.

~Seana~
03-26-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm going to come out on the side of those who have said "Tell HER!" but for none of the usual reasons. Let me explain.

I suspect by your post you are younger. I'm going to tell you what I wish someone had told ME when I was younger. That Crossdressing, if you are doing it even casually now, WILL become a part of you wheather you let it or not. You're going to notice if you look around here all the stories of people leaving CD'ing,...and coming back.And regretting purges (God I miss some of my pvc stuff!).That's because it's a part of them, and no matter how hard they try to bury it, so they'll purge, or hide or whatever until it surfaces and rears it's ugly head again.
Or she'll find it. She'll find a pair of panties and want you to explain them. I remember my ex when we awere VERY early in a 13 year relationship finding panties, and my stumbling excuses of "They're from an old girlfriend".
So..You've got an interest. It's not going to go away. And it's lot better than what will go though her head if you lie about it, things like "Is he cheating n me?" or even worse, "If he's lying about htis, what else is he lying about?" Such things will destroy trust, and thus relationships.. And if she is young as you are, statistically, she's more likely to be open to the idea. Consider the "what are they saying after I leave the counter" thread, and what was said about younger girls.
The truth is there are some young women who would openly endorse, and even encourage it if they knew.
My Wife is just 23. One of the first things I told her when we started dating?? That I crossdress on occasion. No She didnt run away. She didnt call me a pervert. She ENDORSED it, even brings me home clothes to wear. TRUST me she'll trust and love you ALOT more for being honest, even if it's something that is hard for you personally to admit (And lets face it there is still alot of hangups and societal pressure.

Now if you DO tell her, there's still a chance she wont be able to handle it. Expect questions like "Are you gay too? " ( maybe you are too, I've no idea) .If she's askign questions, it just simply means she's trying to understand.THIS IS A GOOD THING! it's a chance to educate, and become closer in the process. Most of all...respect her.She may want to know nothing about it, that's fine, at least she wont think you are cheating!Respect her property.DONT wear her clothes, or especially her makeup. GEt your own. And you wont have to hide it, because she'll know about it.
If you're CD'ing now, odds are you will be throughout your life. THe WORST that could happen is she feels threatened and you split, but you have to ask yourself, if it's something that WILL come to you again...DO YOU WANT TO HAVE TO HIDE IT? Do you want her thinking some other awful thing about you because she knows you are lying to her ( And trust me, women are walking lie detectors...they can SMELL bullshit a mile away so you arent fooling anyone but yourself). If she reacts negatively, then in all probability you dont WANT that person in your life, but a little honesty will go a LONG way here.

Amanda
( huge hugs sweetie...big a big Girl and do the right thing!)

Celeste
03-26-2009, 08:03 AM
How about a small locked box in the trunk of your car.If found you can say your holding it for a friend.

Sheila
03-26-2009, 08:08 AM
hun I am a GG ..... I was with my Ex 2 1/2 years before I discovered his CDing .... I was hurt and devastated that he did not trust me enough to tell me, & after the discovery I was okay with the cding .. it was the lies before, during the telling and afterwards that caused our split ( we limped along for a further 2 years:sad:)........... lies and love in my opinion do not make good bedfellows ... but just my :2c:

Now I am with Deborah Jane we met on here 5 months after my previous relationship ended and there are no major secrets left untold about our previous lives to tell, (and we get married in just over 6 months :D:daydreaming:) ...... sure we can never ever know all abnout another but, anything that can have a major impact on your relationship should be out in the open.

Can I ask why you want to hide your things and who you are ?

Karren H
03-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Well I get slammed a lot for saying this (like I care) but honesty isn't the uber solution to everybodys problems, in my humble opinion. So let's talk hiding!!

I posted a thread some where about that and I'll try to find it but look at you bathroom cabinet base.. Most have a hollow space under the floor and behind the kick plate.. Remove the kick plate and of coarse clean it out and then reattach it with a couple of those door lock magnets.. Lots of storage for everything you need and convinenintly in the bathroom.. And also open the bath cabinet doors and look up.. You can create a false ceiling and a little door and put extra stuff up there...

Its just an engineer thingie but there's plenty of unconventional space that can be reclaimed to use as you see fit!!

Let the slamming begin!! Hahaha.

mklinden2010
03-26-2009, 10:57 AM
OK, Karren...

If we're going to play this game, there's all kinds of ways to play:

Luggage. Just keep an extra piece around that you "can't find the key" to.

Storage. All kinds of storage containers. And, gee, don't they sometimes get mixed up with other people's?

Closets. Hanging clothes inside of coats, stuffing things inside of folded clothes and pockets, putting things "way in the back." And, what about that "bowling" bag and the golf thingy? Or, the back pack from that hiking trip, or, the kids old book bags?

A real handy thing in closets is the old, "Honey, I'll be danged... That bag you found must be what the dry cleaner screwed up and did! Boy, looks like they'll clean anything too... I wonder how long they've been hanging there? Maybe we should hang onto this stuff and I'll ask next time I go down there. They must belong to somebody and it would be wrong just to throw out someone else's clothes. Tell you what, I'll just go put it in the car now and stop this week and ask."

Carpets. Well, you can pull them up and smooth things out real flat before putting the pad back down. Come to think of it, hide some stuff behind the curtains in the living room.

Cars. Oh, yeah... Just read up on all the things the drug smugglers do. Don't forget to deflate and pack the spare tire. Oh, and that space behind the glove box that gets wasted. And, under the seats, in the seats, the headliner, engine compartment, and all that extra open space under the car.

Houses and garages. Get some empty paint cans and fill 'em up. Actually use that tool box. And, that box marked, "Old 8 tracks," who is going to look in there? All that space above the attic access, plenty of room to stash stuff, in all kinds of ways. Same with the kitchen shelves, pantry, bath cabinets, the (heh-heh) entertainment center, behind the toilet, and, the false bottom in the laundry basket and kid's toy box. Don't forget the old "fake safe in the wall behind the picture" trick.

Do you have a boat, or, can you borrow one? Lots of unused space on those things if you start poking around.

Patio and yard and grill? Oh, please, way too easy... But, go ahead, get busy. Digging holes can be handy too.

Meanwhile, with all the storage lockers you can rent, apartments you can share, meeting places with changing rooms that will hold stuff, friends that can "play along" with hiding things... And, all those places at work nobody ever messes with... Not to mention remote places in city parks, under bridges, up in trees, the dog house, the mail box, the bread box, and, that ice cooler only used on the Fourth of July.

But, why stop there? Have any friends or family whose house you watch now and then? Handy, and, if it gets found, their problem!

Along that line, just bring in several boxes and say they belong to "Joe, the poor smuck," and that you're holding on to them because his wife just wouldn't understand. Everybody can think of a Joe to blame things on...

"Well, of course he denies it. He's trying to lay it off on me. But, you know, I brought these things in here before it ever came up. Why would I do that unless he asked me to - to save HIS marriage, that's why! That guy really is a smuck!"

Have fun.

Sam-antha
03-26-2009, 11:08 AM
While you are in the closet/bathrom, do not forget the bath itself. If it has not got kick plate surrounds, then get some for it. Lotsa space will be found in there and don't forget under the bath itself.
But, it would be better if you could talk.
~Samm

Karren H
03-26-2009, 11:20 AM
OK, Karren...

If we're going to play this game, there's all kinds of ways to play:

Patio and yard and grill? Oh, please, way too easy... But, go ahead, get busy. Digging holes can be handy too.

Well its tough with only one room.. But omg the grill!! I like the way you think!! And you could set it up so that if your discovered that your entire stash goes up in flames!! Hahahaha

That guy has more grill fires than anyone I know!! :D

2b.Lauren
03-26-2009, 11:23 AM
I used to hide things behind my jackets that I keep in a garmet bag. Just have the jackets in front. I kept a duffle bag in the car that I always said was for a quick change at the gym. Actually that bag is still there and that is where most of my shoes are still kept. The big problem for me was that she knew long ago, never forgot, knew I had places where I would hide things, it never bothered her. I was never the great illusionist in the first place. So once I told her she said yeah I saw that bag in the car it was opened and a dress that was supposed to go to the thrift store was in there. If you are hiding things you might want to do a better job was her answer.

You did not ask us to do anything more than suggest hiding places, so maybe I came up with a couple, but remember my stash always got found. Hopefully you can do it better than I did!

Lorileah
03-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Amazing how evil your minds work! I would never hide stuff! I thought I was hiding it, but I wasn't very good, who would have thought she would look in my drawers (furniture...you perverts!).

I am for telling and getting it off your chest so to speak, but I do have that "extra" suitcase. I used it to hide the more...controversial articles like the V-string

MissConstrued
03-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Hollyster,

The decision is not where to hide stuff. The decision is whether or not you want to live the rest of your life in fear -- in a prison of your own making.

Celeste
03-27-2009, 10:16 PM
I guess no one really took the time to really read the original posters question before aimlessly lashing out.They asked about hiding places not about making relationships peachy.

Jess_cd32
03-27-2009, 10:25 PM
I heard Al Gore has an extra 'lock box' he doesn't need:heehee:...sorry couldn't resist.
The car trunk sounds good to me for now, and Karrens ideas.

JulieC
03-28-2009, 09:15 AM
I guess no one really took the time to really read the original posters question before aimlessly lashing out.They asked about hiding places not about making relationships peachy.

I can't in good conscience help some willfully deceive their partner.

JoAnne Wheeler
04-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Hiding clothes in a one room apartment would be a real stretch - I'd tell her

and see what happens

JoAnne Wheeler

Persephone
04-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Back when I was in high school and living in my parent's house, I used to hide the few clothes I had inside my stereo speakers!

I kept a Phillips' screwdriver in my room, and whenever I had a chance to dress I'd take the backs off of the speakers and take my clothes out. Due to the design of the speakers, the clothing somewhat enhanced the sound of the stereo system rather than muffling it. You do have to be careful not to break the speaker cones (inside the boxes) though.

Oddly enough, I've heard from a couple of other CD's who also used the same hiding place. It may be more popular than we might first think!

How hip is she? Is she is far to the right politically or religiously, than I guess not much.

Many of us on the political right could easily take offense at your comment.

One of the reasons we are on the right side is precisely because it is the side on which individual rights are respected.

Contrary to what you may have learned from some left-wing professor, we aren't a bunch of stuffed blouses, rather we are the side that believes in personal freedom.

You might consider casting your group-think prejudices aside and joining us. As one of my t-shirts reads, "Come over to the dark side -- we have chocolate."

Hugs,
Persephone

Jennifer Brooks
04-03-2009, 05:36 PM
You might try the honest approach and tell her that you are a crossdresser.

Yep, that is about it. Life is way too short and hiding is way too stressful, especially when space is limited.

Ballerina
04-03-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm kinda with those that are saying "tell her", but also against. You need to work up a point where you can be brave enough to tell her about your hiden side (even though you will still even be a bit afraid then, too). Take some time to build up the confidence. And NEVER EVER try to "drop hints". They will tell you very little about her ideas, and will probably just get you mixed up and back to square one in the end.

As for a few hiding spots, I used a duffle bag in my closet. I've also heard of others renting storage units. stuffed in a suitcase or box in the top back of a closet. Just think of places that never see day light, or get cleaned, lol.

But, a great idea for if you are afraid of getting caught, you can leave a note on top of your items for that "just in case". A good example is: "I'm sorry that you have found this, but there is a part of me that I need to tell you. Love you deeply, XOXO". Just don't make it sound like you have another woman (besides yourself, lol).

Good luck :)