PDA

View Full Version : Changing style

ChrissieM
03-26-2009, 10:50 AM
I have been CDing for about 9 years now and I always perferred frilly dresses and petticoats. Most of what I have is very childish looking.

Lately I have been wanting to get away from the childish look and go for a more mature look. I bet there are plenty of Cders that go through this progression.

Not sure exactly what look I want yet. I like the dresses from the fifties because they usually had a petticoat underneath.

Lissa Stevens
03-26-2009, 11:16 AM
I know alot of us do go throught his but I never have. I have always dressed age appropriate. This was never from a concious decision but it's just the way I have always done.
Most CDers I have talked to agree that you will get noticed less, in public, if you dress more to your age. I tend to notice GGs who dress too young.

Karren H
03-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Change is inevitable.. Or frutile? No resistance is frutile.. Never mind..

But it sounds like our little girl is growing up... And regressing at the same time... 50's and then maybe the Victorian era? Lol.

I've become more conservative over time.. Doesn't mean that short frilly dresses aren't fun!! They just don't pass at the mall well!! :)

Veronica75
03-26-2009, 12:47 PM
But it sounds like our little girl is growing up... And regressing at the same time... 50's and then maybe the Victorian era? Lol.

Victorian could be fun, actually... but to be honest I've long fantasized about being dressed in one of those magnificent Louis XVI era French court costumes, all satin and powdered wigs-- and that's just the men's clothes!

Of course walking down the street in a gigantic silken court gown with paniers and bows a l'echelle, accented by a gigantic white wig and dripping with jewels, is not the best way to pass...

Sammy777
03-26-2009, 01:40 PM
It depends on your age and what you want to do.

The style you have now falls in the Lolita, Japan, Little big girl, Rock a billie styles.
Granted it is a look or style that some GG's wear but it is still something that for being out in public is usually best left to the GG's in the teens to 20 something crowd.

If you [for now] do not think she will ever see the light of day then let the frills fly and have fun.

If you are looking to at some point be out dressed then the best thing to do is do a little or a lot of people watching.
Just as long as as it doesn't cross the line into creepy stalker stares, lol.
Malls seems to be the place to go for this.

Again not only your real age but the age you feel plays a big part in it. Not to mention that most of us have the added bonus that are female selves [when done proper] tends to look younger then are male selves. So you have some leway with the age/dress limits.

So I guess the questions are:
1) do you want to go out in public?
2) how old are you?

Gabrielle Hermosa
03-26-2009, 05:48 PM
I'll probably have to change style myself some day. I already dress (what is considered to be) younger than my age. I prefer to dress sexy, but not overly sexy... ok, sometimes as overly sexy as possible, but usually the kind of sexy that I can still get away with out in public (if I were brave enough to venture out).

I dress the way I prefer to see an attractive gg dress. I'll continue to do so until it just looks really bad on me... which I hope and pray is not any time soon! I exercise my cute little butt off to stay fit, trim, and girly! I'll be dressing like a teen girl into my 50's and even 60's I hope! So long as I can make it work.

My wife is a few years older than me and she often dresses "younger than her age" as well. As a gg though - she can still pull it off and I rather enjoy the way she dresses! There's a photo of my (gg) wife at the bottom of this page (http://www.mycdlife.com/2009/03/platanos-fried-plantains). Her face is not visible, but you get the idea. You'd be very surprised to know her age.

Yeah, I want to dress young forever! Just being 100% honest about how I feel. I like dressing sexy and I really don't care if anyone has a problem with that... though I doubt many cd's would. :)

kelly1469
03-26-2009, 05:54 PM
i've probably transitioned from ****ty sexual wear to 'hot chick' wear, and now getting into casual/work wear in the hope to try to fit in on the street!

x

Lorna
03-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Since I dress only at home, what others think is of no importance. I enjoy dressing in different ways (styles and ages) on different days. Feeling is as important as appearance to me so sometimes I want to try and feel what a younger woman or even teenager might feel and at other times I want to dress more maturely. Sometimes I want to be a 1950s housewife, sometimes a 1990s business woman...and several other "types". I wouldn't come near to passing as any of them! Sometimes I see very attractive women in jeans or trousers but I don't possess any and have no enthusiasm for wearing them. However, when I see a woman in an attractive dress or skirt, especially wearing heels and hosiery, that often gives me the urge to try and do something similar at the next opportunity.

So, my style hasn't evolved at all over time. It changes forward and back as the mood takes me.

charlie
03-26-2009, 08:10 PM
I started out really ****ty because it turned me on. Then I started going out and the really short skirts were fine for nightclubs, but not so good at the movies, cafe or the mall. Now I'm about at Gabriella's style of dress, except about 4 inches closer to the knee. I still don nylons and heels though. I also seem to have gone toward skirtsuits....a bit more of a maturing look.

kristinacd55
03-26-2009, 08:11 PM
54 here & still love those petticoats/fifties styles! :)

brandybrookstone
03-26-2009, 08:13 PM
This seems to be a pretty common thing as when I started years ago, it was always lingerie and nothing else, then you want to take that next step and that meant dressing a little more appropriate for going out. Not sure what is next, but only time will tell. Plus doing the same thing over and over is boring, have to mix it up sometime ;)

Veronica75
03-26-2009, 09:26 PM
All I can say is thanks goodness for the rise of "cougar" culture in America... it gives legitimacy to girls of any age-- whether gg's or Cd's-- dressing like tarts forever!

kellycan27
03-27-2009, 12:13 AM
As styles change, so do I .I always try and dress age appropriate too.
Dressing in a provacative manner can bring unwanted attention, but more than that, It is not the image I want to project.