PDA

View Full Version : Transgender Day of Visibility

TSchapes
03-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Under the topic of are we doing enough, I thought I would bring this to your attention.

Rachel Crandall from Transgender Michigan was a guest speaker at our LGBT meeting the other night and talked about having a positive day about transgender people as a compliment to "Remembrance Day". This will occur on March 31, 2009.

Here is a link to the article:

http://www.pridesource.com/article.shtml?article=34351

Here is a link to the Facebook Event:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=45086343009&ref=mf

Hopefully this can be one of many beginings...

-Tracy

Nicki B
03-26-2009, 07:49 PM
I thought Halloween was the US 'Day of Transgender Visibility'? ;)

The idea of remembering (and publicising) those we've lost is a very good one, though.. :)

Kayla Shadows
03-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the post Tracy.

It is a good idea.Hopefully a lot of people will get involved

battybattybats
03-26-2009, 10:32 PM
From the article:

"I thought, 'why doesn't someone do it?' Then I thought, 'why isn't that someone me?'"

Now THAT is how change is made!

TSchapes
03-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the post Tracy.

It is a good idea.Hopefully a lot of people will get involved

Not likely. :sad:

-Tracy

Jess_cd32
03-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Like I told another member here in the past, organizing people to do something is about impossible unless you do 95% of it for them unfortunatly, and Im speaking from experience of years as a former head of a local org..

You just posted this yesterday however, give yourself some time.

Melinda G
03-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Your facebook link requires login and registering. A real PITA. I did it once to view a friends page, and then had a helluva time deleting all my info.

battybattybats
04-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Aww drat!

I missed it. It utterly slipped my mind. The day itself was pouring rain and I'd had an idea for a TG-art photograph for an art comp a friend has been encouraging me to enter that would mean going outside dressed but the weather wouldn't let me whether I got up the guts or not. So i almost was visible on the day by accident lol. But yeah. I missed it.

Anyone catch it?