PDA

View Full Version : My shaved head

Crunchie
06-25-2005, 02:12 PM
My wife and I were discussing wigs (as at some point I would like to venture out) and she thought I should grow my hair.

As you may have guessed my head at the moment is shaved and has been that way for about ten years. I would like to know if anyone has their own hair in a style that can be either worn in a masculine or feminine way.

I'm not sure whether to grow it or not, my hair is very dark brown and quite thick and wavy from what I can remember :D

If anyone has any tips on hair styles,wigs etc I'd be glad to hear them

Crunchie

Wendy me
06-25-2005, 02:17 PM
yes i have my own hair by all means yes do let it grow.........a lot of time to grow but
i live it a lot better than a wig ....and more fun too......

Crunchie
06-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Wendy, Is your hair long ? what style do you wear it +?

Sweet Susan
06-25-2005, 02:27 PM
As you may have guessed my head at the moment is shaved and has been that way for about ten years. I would like to know if anyone has their own hair in a style that can be either worn in a masculine or feminine way.

I'm not sure whether to grow it or not, my hair is very dark brown and quite thick and wavy from what I can remember :D

Crunchie

Not sure how we would have "guessed" that, but, nonethless, if I had hair as you described, I would deifinitely grow it out. Even thick curly hair can be very sexy. Go for it.

Wendy me
06-25-2005, 02:29 PM
my hair now wet is 3 inches past my shoulders,,, dry it's just a little curly and 1 inch past my shoulders thick and veary full ...most of the time i put it in a poney tail ....
for a more fem look i just simply shake my head bend down my head and brush it out and it falls in to place nice and full...see....http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=7069

danette50
06-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Hi Crunchie,
I, Just shaved my beard after 15 years. Do you any place I can get a fake one. :D Just kidding, You should check the internet about hair styles,I find some interesting sites about that,But I can't remember were. :bonk:

Good Luck,
Danette

CharleneCD
06-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Tails go in and out of fasion but are usualy accepted on guys. Even when I was repressing my fem side having my hair tied back didnt threaten my masculinity.

mariej
06-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Hair?????
Oh yeah I remember now!
L&P
Mariej
xx

Crunchie
06-25-2005, 02:40 PM
hi wendy

thanks for the tips, your hair looks great, the general theme seems to be that I should grow my hair perhaps I'll go for it

Wendy me
06-25-2005, 02:44 PM
crunchie yes you will have to put up with a while of them bad hair days a few times i wanted to cut it all off but if you stick it out i think your going to be happy.....

Genifer Teal
06-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Growing my own hair was a huge step towards finding my real self. If you look at my profile, you will see about how long it is now. This took a year to grow from a normal short boy cut. I could never go back to a wig. I will do everything to keep my hair.

Wigs can be fun, but they are fake. Interestingly enough, I never felt this way about wigs until I stopped wearing one. I feel so stognly about not wearing a wig, that if I lost all my hair, it might mean then end. End of what you ask? I'm not really sure. That's how much I need my real hair.

Wigs hold tremendous power. We can put on the makeup, clothes and jewelry but we are still a guy. It is only once we put on the wig that we become the woman we dream of. For some, this distinction is a good thing. When I stopped weaing a wig, the question became, when am I not that woman?

Hugs- Genifer

Wendy me
06-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Genifer veary well said once you grow your own you can never go back to a wig i could not.....

Crunchie
06-25-2005, 03:08 PM
:hugs: Genifer

I find your comments really interesting as I am still finding my identity and have never worn a wig,

It's been a great help

Thanks

Crunchie

Priscilla1018
06-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Hi Crunchie,

I used to shave my head and had a full beard.When I joined the forum in January,I began to grow my hair out once again.In the 70's my hair reached halfway down my back and looked great.It's a lot of extra work keeping it in good shape shampoo,conditioner,time spent drying it,but it is definately worth it.The beard is back at my wifes request,but the hair is growing again.The only shaving I do now is arms,underarms,and legs.

DonnaT
06-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Crunchie, if you've never worn a wig and it's been years since you've had hair, I'd suggest going to a wig salon and trying a few to get a feel of what you would look like with hair, long hair. Sure faster than waiting a year just to find out you don't like it. If you like the wig, keep it and continue to grow you hair, When your hair is long enough, sell the wig.

Adrianne
06-26-2005, 07:55 AM
I wish i could grow my hair and not have to wear a wig but i am looseing my hair which sucks. Do whatever that feels good for you.

Natalie x
06-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Crunchie, if you can grow a good head of hair, go for it. You've got nothing to lose. If you don't like it when it's grown you can always go back to shaved again. DonnaT's advice is good, too.

I'm trying to grow mine, but I have the classic male bald patch top back, like a monk's cap, and don't know any way round that problem, so will probly have to always wear a wig.