PDA

View Full Version : Vacation or "Stay-cation"?

vikki2020
03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Would you rather hit the beach and some warm weather after a long winter, or stay home, but have the house to yourself for a week? We're taking a family vacation next week heading for Galveston Island. I am really looking forward to it.Last year at spring break, my wife and daughter went to visit family, and I stayed home.Having the house to myself for the week was like taking a trip to another world,staying fem the whole week!They had a nice vacation, and so did I.If I had the option this year, I'd still go with the beach.Which would you take?

msginaadoll
03-26-2009, 07:14 PM
I like my dressing time, but definitely to the beach. Family is important as well, and i do love warm weather and water.

Karren H
03-26-2009, 07:21 PM
I fear my favorite beach.... Up on Lake Superior is still ice covered... And when I was young I lost my toy Texaco Tanker in a big wave at Galveston and my brother got stung bad by a Portugese Man of War there... So I'll stay home.. I hate heat ahy way!!

aliceeliot
03-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Off to the Portuguese Riviera next week - the UK's cold, wet and miserable right now.

Hotel, warm weather, just me (and Alice) I can do what I want, wear what I want, go swimming in the sea in one of my bikinis (provided nobodys watching - you can always find somewhere secluded) I look forward to my holidays because of the freedom to be me. My only issue with holidays is, I have to stop shaving a month beforehand, just in case I meet that someone special.

Veronica Lacey
03-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Time with my wife at a nice vacation spot is always wonderful as we have enjoyed many nice breaks together yet...

If I could have a week to myself at home with my wife away I would seriously consider going the entire week 24/7 dressed in my silks and satins et al.

The weekend beforehand I would partake of a seriously expensive clothing shopping spree, stock up the fridge and freezer, locking up all my male clothing after she left and mailing myself the key. Then I would have no choice but to wear dresses and such for at least a few days until the key arrived in the mail. Would have to walk to the post box in the night to avoid detection.

So I suppose the answer is if I had the chance one year a "stay-cation" would be nice.:daydreaming:

Suzie S.
03-27-2009, 04:59 AM
I'll take the beach anytime, especially after this brutal winter! :) It's easier to find time to CD than it is to hit a Caribbean beach for a week.

Cary
03-27-2009, 05:09 AM
I'd take the vacation. I'm single, so I can dress anytime I want.

SusanCACD
03-27-2009, 05:23 AM
I would go to the beach. Take along a bikini and try and get a tan and, those sexy tan lines!!

Susan

Adrianna_Sofia
03-27-2009, 05:23 AM
Being from a place which has lots of 'em, I'd still go...:)You can't havee too much beach here in Hawai'i...

cindym5_04
03-27-2009, 07:42 AM
I'd go to the beach anytime. For me, that's a no-brainer.

Quick question: has Galveston been rebuilt enough to be a vacation spot at the moment?

NikkiBeth
03-27-2009, 12:06 PM
I actually have a stay-cation starting a week from today, and I am already planning for some much needed Nikki Time!:GD:.
We are not able to take full vacations anymore, I am running a business, whose sole employee is me. Our family vacations are now comprised of long weekeds, and time in the summer when our son is away at camp.

vikki2020
03-27-2009, 04:37 PM
I'd go to the beach anytime. For me, that's a no-brainer.

Quick question: has Galveston been rebuilt enough to be a vacation spot at the moment?

According to everyone we spoke to down there, it's not 100%, but pretty much back to normal.As long as the waters warm, and the beers cold, we'll be ok!

KandisTX
03-27-2009, 06:53 PM
You're gonna be in MY neck of the woods ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

CD Susan
03-27-2009, 09:06 PM
I would take the vacation just to have something different to do. I am able to cd every day so that is a big influence in my choice.

Gabrielle Hermosa
03-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Is taking the vacation and staying en femme the whole time an option? We allowed to mix and match? :)

I'm not brave enough to do that, but in my little fantasy world, that sure sounds like fun!

In reality, I'd probably choose to stay home and be me.

Dawn Marie
03-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Vikki, I live in South Houston, and from what I have seen most of the beach area and the hotels are back in buisines. This week it has been in the upper 70's and cool at night. Which means it is a little warmer in Galveston. Just be sure to make it to the Stand in Galveston. This is the old part of the Island that has been revitalize with shops and resturants. For formal dinning go to Willie "G"s but for casual dining Fishermans Wharf is excellent. There both just off the Strand to the back of the Island.

Jocelyn Quivers
03-28-2009, 07:40 AM
I'd prefer the stay-cation. I always find that after any vacation trip I'm more exhausted, tired and broke than when before I left.

Deann Renee
03-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Vikki I live outside of Galveston and it is in great shape, It is coming back better than it was. Everyone has just got after it and took care of their situation.

StevieTV
03-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Stay-cation for me this year. I need to sand and stain my house this summer. I live in a cedar cottage style abode outside the city with lots of trees and a hot tub, so it's like a vacation anyhow. :)

twozillion
03-28-2009, 09:44 PM
I like that, "Stay-cation", lol. I work from home so everyday is a stay-cation from the CD perspective. It is intriguing the thought of going somewhere, would only be fun with a friend(s).

Samantha43
03-28-2009, 09:52 PM
As much as I like my at home alone time, it can't compare to spending quality time with my family.

JoAnne Wheeler
04-03-2009, 04:07 PM
I would much rather stay home an dress 24/7

JoAnne Wheeler

linnea
04-03-2009, 06:41 PM
I feel very fortunate that I'll be able to do both this year--a week with family (though not at the beach) and a week by myself at home (when I can dress en femme much of the time).

Fab Karen
04-04-2009, 04:23 AM
Especially after the brutal winter, when it gets down to the freezing level of 40f here at night. :D