PDA

View Full Version : Something I noticed

erica12b
03-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Something I noticed,

I was at the mall, people watching (looking at the ladies, clothes) and it just seems that not many gg’s dress to impress any more, it might have been the time of day or the day it‘s self but they just did not dress well, about 5 dresses (clerks at the dress store) sneakers not heels, even the make up was weak,
is it just me or do any of you notice this too

Kimberly Marie Kelly
03-26-2009, 10:34 PM
There are some who still take the time to dress well and look nice but it seems as the years go by fewer and fewer make the effort to dress nicely. As I go thru my transition I hope to develop the habit of looking as good as I can. :battingeyelashes:

sissystephanie
03-26-2009, 10:41 PM
I think if you look at the GG's by age group, you will find that the older ones do care about their looks. The younger really don't seem to care, unless they are really trying to impress someone. Too bad for them, and those of us who like to people watch!

kellycan27
03-26-2009, 10:42 PM
That's how I go to the mall... I get enough of "dress up" during the week. jeans a blouse, some lip gloss, and my hair tied back ot hanging loose.... I don't always hav thr time or where with all to get all dolled up to go buy make-up or somethong.

kellycan27
03-26-2009, 10:45 PM
There are some who still take the time to dress well and look nice but it seems as the years go by fewer and fewer make the effort to dress nicely. As I go thru my transition I hope to develop the habit of looking as good as I can. :battingeyelashes:

After you go through yout transition some of the novelty will wear off, and you're find yourself saying....I just going for a minute. Lifestyles change.. when you're busy with a job and other obligations there isn't always time. I am pretty sure that GG's with husbands and kids and jobs to contend with will tell you... Not always easy to find the time, or just too friggin tired.

Ballerina
03-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Yup, it's really dying out. My GF rarely ever dresses up unless she wants pictures, and it's rare to ever seen girl dressed up just to look nice.

Karren H
03-26-2009, 11:09 PM
It's called........... the "comphy" zone!!! Ekkkkkkkkkkkk

Rachel Morley
03-26-2009, 11:14 PM
.... it just seems that not many gg’s dress to impress any more
I think that's a little bit unfair on the GGs to say that, because IMHO neither do guys. When was the last time you saw a guy looking sharp in a suit and tie at the mall or anywhere else for that matter? In the 21st century people dress how they want and being casual wins the day :2c:

pamela_a
03-26-2009, 11:15 PM
I think kelly nailed it right on. There is no reason for FABs to get "all dolled up" just to go shopping or chase the kids around. These are ladies with lives to live.

There seems recently to be a plethera of threads commenting on how FABs dress. HEY.. It's their life and they are dressed for what they are doing and for THEIR comfort, not to impress some guy who thinks they should always look like they're going to a fomal dinner or out hooking.

In many ways I'm happy accepted dress is more casual. Primarily because it makes it easier for me to blend in and go about my daily life fem. If I had to get all dolled up daily there is no way I could do it with the the same acceptance/lack of negative reaction I get now.

So please...enough of the "I don't like how FABs are dressing now because it's not up to the standard I'm setting for them" threads.

-Paula-

Sarah_GG
03-27-2009, 04:08 AM
It's true, between kids, shopping, cleaning, working and walking the dog we don't always have the time to 'dress to impress' but like to wear what's appropriate for the occasion. If that occasion is a night on the town, an important meeting, a meal out or an exciting social event then there's nothing nicer than getting dressed up. When was the last time you had an exciting night on the town?

:D

mylitta
03-27-2009, 04:11 AM
I think kelly nailed it right on. There is no reason for FABs to get "all dolled up" just to go shopping or chase the kids around. These are ladies with lives to live.

There seems recently to be a plethera of threads commenting on how FABs dress. HEY.. It's their life and they are dressed for what they are doing and for THEIR comfort, not to impress some guy who thinks they should always look like they're going to a fomal dinner or out hooking.

So please...enough of the "I don't like how FABs are dressing now because it's not up to the standard I'm setting for them" threads.

-Paula-

Thank you Paula- I'm glad some of you realise what it's like in the real world.

Mirani
03-27-2009, 04:16 AM
One of my early lessons from my partner was that it wasnt necessary to "doll up" every time I went out.

She introduced me to the "mascara, lippy, concealer" routine with Jeans and casual top .. andguess what .. I fitted in with the women around me.
I am really happy in casual now. BUT .. I always "do the biz" when we are going out for a meal or an occcasion and always do my makeup well for work. But then again, the girls at work always look smart.

I like to be confortable being "me". Why shouldn't a GG? If she is at ease without the slap and heels .. good for her!

Amanduhrob
03-27-2009, 04:37 AM
Maybe it's Indiana, but I've noticed a trend of young ladies actually wearing make up, skirts and heels here, and lots of french mani's too it's quite a nice thing to see.

I'm talking about grocery shopping on weekends to boot.

Cary
03-27-2009, 05:02 AM
Don't get me wrong. I miss the days of seeing most GGs dressed up. I can also appreciate them wearing jeans, etc. As I dress more, I'm starting to realize how easy it is to let things go for comfort. I can tell you from experience eventhough I love everything about pantyhose, but after 8+ hours of wearing them at the office, I can't wait to pull them off.

Kate Simmons
03-27-2009, 05:02 AM
Maybe so but how did you know they were women? It's evident, right? They don't need the "help" we do to "pass". Looking "nice" is a matter of perspective anyway my friend. I rest my case.;):)

Sarah_GG
03-27-2009, 05:17 AM
I suspect that even Doris Day is dressed quite casually for day to day errands... in real life!

:)

Maid Barbara
03-27-2009, 05:19 AM
I think that is one reason why so many of us get 'read' when out shopping. We all want to look our best at all times. I was in Asda Walmart the other Friday evening and one of us 'girls' were shopping. The only reason that most people noticed was because she was the best dresed girl in there and the only one in a skirt and heels.

Barbara

SusanCACD
03-27-2009, 05:33 AM
I think Sarah asked a really good question. After working and caring for the family, house and pets, me and my ex never went anywhere, even drive in movies became rare. I think going out for dinner and a movie or something is something every couple should do at least once a month. After giving so much time, attention and money we should treat ourselves to the rewards we have worked for.

Susan

Sara Jessica
03-27-2009, 06:13 AM
After you go through yout transition some of the novelty will wear off, and you're find yourself saying....I just going for a minute. Lifestyles change.. when you're busy with a job and other obligations there isn't always time. I am pretty sure that GG's with husbands and kids and jobs to contend with will tell you... Not always easy to find the time, or just too friggin tired.

Yup...

In many ways I'm happy accepted dress is more casual. Primarily because it makes it easier for me to blend in and go about my daily life fem. If I had to get all dolled up daily there is no way I could do it with the the same acceptance/lack of negative reaction I get now.

-Paula-

...and yup again.

Here's an excerpt from a post I made about 24 hours ago which also seems to fit this one:

Women are out there living their lives. Some may not care so much about superficial things such as manicures, hairstyles or making the required AZ (AutoZone) uniform uber-femme. Perhaps some wish they had time for such things were it not for caring for children while keeping food on the table and a roof over their heads. The priority that femininity takes in these pages shouldn't be assumed to apply to women in the real world. Some women care about this stuff more than we could ever know, others can give a hoot.

susan2010
03-27-2009, 06:21 AM
Kelly, was that a typo, or were you really going to the mall to by "somethong"? LOL

Teri Jean
03-27-2009, 06:33 AM
I agree with the thought that women today dress for the activity but the problem I see each day at work(a university) is the dress is so relaxed they look as if they are going out to clean the barn or just out of bed. The latter is more prevelant as this may be the case. This is to bad as when they leave college and move out in the work force they will be dressing more for the corporate world.

Keli

Sarah_GG
03-27-2009, 06:36 AM
I agree with the thought that women today dress for the activity but the problem I see each day at work(a university) is the dress is so relaxed they look as if they are going out to clean the barn or just out of bed. The latter is more prevelant as this may be the case. This is to bad as when they leave college and move out in the work force they will be dressing more for the corporate world.

But this doesn't apply to women only does it?

Sam-antha
03-27-2009, 06:38 AM
...........We all want to look our best at all times. I was in Asda Walmart the other Friday evening and one of us 'girls' were shopping. The only reason that most people noticed was because she was the best dresed girl in there and the only one in a skirt and heels.

Barbara

You have something there Barbara..it is to do with comfort zones..... I am not comfy with jeans....

~Sam

Kelsy
03-27-2009, 06:39 AM
GGs dress for comfort. I see no problem with that! I like a pair of girljeans, flats or sneakers with a nice top etc!! GGs look good in casual clothes. Many CDs have to dress it up in order to be more passible IMO

Kelsy

SouthernBelle.GG
03-27-2009, 07:42 AM
I think that's a little bit unfair on the GGs to say that, because IMHO neither do guys. When was the last time you saw a guy looking sharp in a suit and tie at the mall or anywhere else for that matter?

Rachel said it before I could.

Also, another reason many GGs might not 'dress to impress' is because the novelty of skirts and heels and hose and such has worn off by the time some us hit our late teens. That's about the time I know I got tired of people telling me I had to look a certain way to be acceptable.

TxKimberly
03-27-2009, 08:06 AM
I think that's a little bit unfair on the GGs to say that, because IMHO neither do guys. . . .

Gotta hand it to you, THAT is an excellent point and I am certainly guilty my darn self.

valenstein
03-27-2009, 08:19 AM
I couldn't agree more with both Rachel and SouthernBelle, guys are much worse. For every woman at the grocery store in her pajamas, there's a guy who goes to the office looking pretty slobby. For many of us, going out or even having the chance to dress up is a special event, but the novelty has worn off on me a bit. I really enjoy getting all dressed up now and then, but when my life gets busier, it becomes harder to do. Getting dressed to the nines every day can easily add 30 minutes if not more to your day, I don't always have time for that, and GGs are busier than ever these days.

Dress however you want.

jruiz
03-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Well, many of you have said it right.

Let's remember that we need a little bit more of care to look good. We need makeup to cover a male face. We need clothes that hides our male features. It's normal that we have to elaborate more in our dressing that GGs.

I will always admire GGs. A beautiful one looks great even wearing flip-flops. Their smell is unique.

Let's face it... We admire them for a reason. And the natural ones are the loveliest. And they need to keep their special attires for special moments. Otherwise, it would loose the magic.

kellycan27
03-27-2009, 08:40 AM
It's true, between kids, shopping, cleaning, working and walking the dog we don't always have the time to 'dress to impress' but like to wear what's appropriate for the occasion. If that occasion is a night on the town, an important meeting, a meal out or an exciting social event then there's nothing nicer than getting dressed up. When was the last time you had an exciting night on the town?

You are exactly right.. a night on the town,a social event is completely different . I pobably live in one othe most exciting places around. When going dancing, or to see a show..something of that order I believe it is appropriate , and I do dress to the nines. However, if as I said I making a short trip to the mall,or market it doesn't make sense to take longer to dress than it's going to take to run the errand.

kellycan27
03-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Kelly, was that a typo, or were you really going to the mall to buy "somethong"? LOL

Either way love... whether to buy something or some thong... I don't always feel like dressing up. LOL (but the chances are...I am wearin that thong) LOL

Kolokea GG
03-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Well... I feel that its nobody's business how one dresses but their own. Its up to each individual person how they want to look. That's what makes us unique. Who are we to judge anyone as to why they dress the way they do. There are many circumstances as to why they might dress that way. The few that come to mind is money, health, and geographical locations. It very unfair to pass judgement. I do not tell my SO what to wear, but if he askes my opinion I give it. Would I love to dress better...absolutely...but I have other obligations that come first. I would love to wear nice clothes, but I need to be realistic and know what I can afford so that my family has their needs met. If that means shopping at Wal - Mart so be it.

kellycan27
03-27-2009, 08:58 AM

Keli
i am an accountant for a very large concern. I have to dress in a business manner on a daily basis. These college grads probably wouldn't last long in a corporate setting if not dressed appropriately...I am sure that that is pretty much a no brainer, but for school, or just knocking around why not be comfortable? What's the big deal about not getting "dolled up"? Apples to oranges.

alexmusic
03-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Recently when talking to someone about finding my style I heard the phrase “it is not prom night every night” and this rang very true with me.
As I get more and more comfortable with my femininity and work toward incorporating my fem way of dressing into my every day life I realized that it is not every day that I want to get all dolled up but I still want to look and feel fem.
I started paying even more attention to the GG’s at work and generally everywhere I went and noticed that the styles are so varied it is amazing, from the corporate environment to the grocery store.
Then I thought about my male side and how I dress then, although mostly a slob, jeans and t-shirt kind of guy, I dress comfortable and for the occasion and realized that this is one of those areas where my male and female side can merge to make me both cute and fem but also comfortable and in also being a bit more casual will allow me to blend in a bit more as I venture out.

I still love to get all dolled up in a sexy LBD or sexy, naughty and playful in schoolgirl fashion, but if I am just going to hang out I just want to be comfortable but still look pretty and that is what I have noticed from many GG’s from girls I’ve dated to my three sisters.

I just think it depends on the particular situation and day any individual is having.

sometimes_miss
03-27-2009, 10:52 AM
The majority of women that I know, even the single ones, don't believe that they should have to make any effort to look good at all. It's all about the belief that looks shouldn't matter at all whether someone is attracted to you or not. They really believe that appearance shouldn't make any difference. And they wonder when no guy is interested in them. It's been taken to an extreme; it isn't even that none wear dresses or skirts anymore, they want to wear clothes that are loose, nothing even remotely 'form fitting', ever. It seems the only fashion designer out there is Omar the tentmaker. But I think it's more of an American phenomenon than anything else.

Momarie
03-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Perhaps when you quit critizising society, society will quit critizing you.

Tamara Croft
03-27-2009, 11:46 AM
You should know better than to post threads like this, they are NOT allowed. Thread done! Read the forum rules.