PDA

View Full Version : The Talking Frog

Magickman
03-27-2009, 09:07 AM
I had driven a female friend to a used furnitue consignment shop, so she could peruse some cabinets. Afterwords, we were cruising down a suburban street, when we saw the Moose club.

What caught her eye was the sign for a political rally. "Let's stop for a drink," she said, "And see what the rally is about."

We went inside, and quickly we discovered that Tim Pawlenty, Minnesota's governor, was the political guest of honor.

The basement meeting room had been commandeered for the rally, and in walked the governor, smiling broadly.

The governor stopped to shake our hands, before starting his speech.

I was wearing my Nine West "Dawna" ankle boots, with 3" wedge heels, jeans, and a leather jacket. Also silver hoop earings and a sparkly purple acrylic manicure.

"The Talking Frog'" was a funny story that the governor related, during his speech.

It seems that an elderly woman was outside walking, when she saw a frog on the roadside. "Kiss me on the lips, and I will turn into a handsome man," said the frog, adding that he would be very grateful.

What the woman did instead, was to oick up the frog, and put him in her pocket.

"Hey," yelled the frog, "I said that if you kissed me on the lips, I would turn into a handsome man, and I would be very grateful.

"At my age," replied the old woman, "I'd rather have a talking frog."

I should have worn a skirt.

Persephone
03-28-2009, 05:44 PM
I love that story! Sounds like you had a fun day. Wish you had a camera with you, a photo with the Governor would have been great!

JoAnne Wheeler
04-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Great story - I will have to remember that one - you should have worn the

skirt

JoAnne Wheeler