PDA

View Full Version : Uber Feminine - or Drab Feminine?

Crysten
03-28-2009, 05:15 AM
Hi girls. I was just curious - do you all preffer to go the ultra-feminine route when you dress? Or do you preffer womens jeans and tops mostly? Not counting underclothes (bras, panties, pantyhose). For myself, it's a little of both. Sometimes the right pair of jeans is incredibly sexy - or, maybe it's the cute halter-top dress and heals =). It just depends on the day and how I'm feeling, I suppose, or what it is I need to do. I'm not going to change the oil in my car in a cocktail dress, for sure, even though I'll definitely be wearing panties, and probably pantyhose, under my drabbyness =).

What do you think?

Crysten

chrissy hunt
03-28-2009, 05:22 AM
mostly uber feminine for me as i don't get the chance that often but i think if i was able to do it more there would be a place for drabness as it can still feel nice in a lovely top and tight jeans

Edwina
03-28-2009, 05:22 AM
I am not so sure about the "uber" but I prefer skirts or dresses to jeans or other trousers. I have had my fill of them.:heehee:

Edwina

Crysten
03-28-2009, 05:54 AM
Ah - Uber meaning "super-femme" - there's quite a lot of girls on here wearing the pink frilly little girl outfits etc...I would enjoy that, I think, but NOT to wear out of the house LOL.

Crysten :)

Cindy Lynn
03-28-2009, 06:18 AM
It depends on how I feel. When I first started it was all the uber fem stuff. Now it is the "cute suburban housewife" look most of the time. I save the ultra fem glamor for those special times.

Right now I am wearing a pair of jeans, a tee shirt with flowers, and a purple hoodie. I just put on a pair of pink and white striped socks because my feet were cold. Not sure if they go with my outfit or not but my toes feel warm :)

When I go to the store a little later I'll put on some light makeup and a pair of white sneakers.

The only thing is, I have to have my poofy 80's doo going on or I am not leaving the house lol.

Gabrielle Hermosa
03-28-2009, 06:30 AM
I prefer to dress as feminine as I can get away with, or perhaps better put: as sexy as I can. That's always been my style and personal interest in feminine appearance.

If I can't dress up in something I really enjoy being in, then I usually just stay in guy-mode.

If I knew how to change my car's oil, I would definitely do it in a sexy cocktail dress, btw! Maybe not all the time, but at least to get the experience of it just once. I honestly do as many chores around the house as I can in a short skirt and heels. Totally not practical, but totally me. :) The cool thing is my wife will often join me and dress up sexy as well - just vacuuming, mopping, cleaning the bathroom, etc. We both enjoy it. It makes chores more fun and playful.

Tal'Aura
03-28-2009, 06:40 AM
Uber feminine? I haven't heard that phrase yet... Sounds pretty stupid to me.

Jolan Tru

Lisa Golightly
03-28-2009, 06:48 AM
I do the clothes in the photos and if I want to impress someone... Everyday I'm as dull as dull can be... I'd much prefer to wear my duvet perhaps accessorized with my favourite bear... add some spring sunshine streaming through the curtains and I'm at my happiest. :)

cindyscute
03-28-2009, 07:52 AM
When I get fully dressed it's to the nines be it a pretty dress, cute skirt and blouse, gown... whatever. I like the whole icing on the cake thing. Girls dressed down is so common place in society today it's too sad. Women look so much better dressed up nice. I love that look and that's why It's part of me.

JennyS.
03-28-2009, 07:55 AM
When I get fully dressed it's to the nines be it a pretty dress, cute skirt and blouse, gown... whatever. I like the whole icing on the cake thing. Girls dressed down is so common place in society today it's too sad. Women look so much better dressed up nice. I love that look and that's why It's part of me.

Ditto.

tamarav
03-28-2009, 08:18 AM
Uber-femme has it's place and time, but when I go to work, I look just like most of the other girls out there, just maybe a bit snappier. Reality has a way of popping you on the back of the head when you finally realize that fantasy cannot hold up 24/7.

When the pink fog descends and clouds your thinking so much that you think you can go to the mall wearing a cocktail dress and 5 inch dress pumps, you really should remain home.

My thinking is to let those that wish to show how far out in left field they live, by wearing things that actually show how clouded they are, wear them. The same as letting people who speed while driving. As they pass, I simply think, there goes more bait for the officers waiting for them..... I just wave as I go by....

I go to work in the real world and have found that I have to look as close to real as possible, not my mental image of totally sexy...but I do get as close as I can.

Tami

TxKimberly
03-28-2009, 08:21 AM
I have the Karen Hutton attitude when it comes to pants. I can wear them any day in boy mode so I'll be damned if I'm gonna waste a perfectly good chance to wear a pretty skirt. :D

StephanieC
03-28-2009, 08:25 AM
For me, it depends on a whole host of things: weather, how I feel, something I may have seen on someone else, what I'm doing. Sometimes that's jeans, pants and tops, or skirts/dresses. Sometimes accessorized, sometimes streamlined. The only thing I don't do is wear flats, simply because I don't have them.

But, I do like to dress up and I love to play with hairstyles. I'm not currently into petticoats and crinoline but I like to be stylish...no hoodies or loose sweats.

O2B Barbara
03-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Almost always jeans and a top. Nothing that is obiviously fem when out and about. Under it all is a different matter entirely..........

MsSamanthaErica
03-28-2009, 08:42 AM
I have the Karen Hutton attitude when it comes to pants. I can wear them any day in boy mode so I'll be damned if I'm gonna waste a perfectly good chance to wear a pretty skirt. :D

Haha...that's a good one and totally Karren! I don't go totally über-fem -- once in a while I do.

Often I get some nice tights, a nice skirt and blouse (or a VS sweater if it is chilly out) and relax in some heels. I know I am at my best when I am dressed! :)

Still, I do have some comfy girl-jeans as well, sometimes when I am taking pictures I slip into them just for something different.

Then again...when I become a ballerina... haha :D

vivianann
03-28-2009, 09:19 AM
when I go out enfemme, I wear a dress or a skirt 99% of the time, I dress for the occasion, if I got to the mall I usually wear a denim skirt and plain top, and 1 inch heels. if I go out to dinner to a nice restaurant I wear a nice dress, not too fancy but nice, when I came out to my parents I wore a skirt suit type of dress. I wear knee length dresses and skirts, because I like to dress age appropriate. So I would consider my dress up as a female to be more on the feminine side than the drab side. And Like Karen says why wear pants when dressed enfemme, I wear pants enough as it is, plus I like showing off my legs.

Slip Affinity
03-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Given the choice, I'd much prefer to go the dress and nylons route.

Karren H
03-28-2009, 09:38 AM
If I can't go out in a skirt or dress I'd rather not go out at all...

StevieTV
03-28-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm at the stage where just being like everyone else is fine. When I go out, jeans, flats and top/sweater is fine. Going out to dance it could be leather, silk or satin...or a tank top and jeans. I would much prefer to have someone ask me where I got my pearls than to stand out like a sore thumb.
To each their own as there is a time and place for everything.

Kate Simmons
03-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Not going to change your oil in a cocktail dress and heels? What kind of "real" woman are you Hon? Geez. I just use magic myself: "flesruoy egnahc lio.":heehee:

msginaadoll
03-28-2009, 10:42 AM
I do love getting all dressed up. A nice skirt and blouse, or even a dress if clubbing. If going out Im just as ok with jeans or a nice pair of slacks. I feel feminine either way.

Rachel Morley
03-28-2009, 10:48 AM
My thoughts exactly! When I'm doing "drab feminine" I don't prefer pants. Usually the nearest you'll get me to jeans is capris. I always reach for a skirt first. Even when "doing casual" I'll go for a either a denim skirt or a thicker material chino style one. If I want to dress even more femininely, I always try to go for "cute" not "sexy". (I can't seem to pull sexy off that well).

I do do "girly-girly feminine" but that's usually at our TG socials or when I'm going out to dinner, or maybe going out for a few drinks on a Saturday night. :) Girly-girl feminine is my favorite look. Tonight I'm going out and I will be in a dress with a little cardi on top, hose, and 4" heels. :)

TGMarla
03-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Let's see.....I own zero girl pants, about 20 or 30 dresses, skirts, pretty sweaters and blouses, around 8 pairs of high heels....pantyhose, jewelry, long hair, makeup, nails.....

Bring on the uber-femme! :D

Lorileah
03-28-2009, 11:00 AM
If I can't wear heels and skirt, I'll stay a boy.

PretzelGirl
03-28-2009, 11:33 AM
I would rather be dressy when I can. But if chores need to be done, I would rather be in femme pants and top than male clothing.

Stephanie Miller
03-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Always dresses and skirts. Leave the pants to the boys!
Now reading all the replies sure fills in a few questions I've had while walking the malls or looking over catalogs. You ever notice how many cute dresses and skirts there are in the display windows and in the catalogs - but you never really see anyone wearing anything but jeans and flip-flops (remember, I'm in Arizona were its not still cold :) ) With so many answers to this thread being dresses/skirts THEY MUST ALL BE BEING BOUGHT BY CD's !!!
You go girls!!!

joann426
03-28-2009, 07:46 PM
me to ill go along with kimberly i have a few skirts now and just love them and planning to get more:heehee:

sherryleigh
03-28-2009, 08:02 PM
I've never "gone out" yet anyway but i feel I'm getting close to doing so. That said the clothes i have vary, mostly skirts and blouses and a few dresses, nothing really fancy or elegant but versatile. I feel very comfortable in what i have and
several pairs of nice looking shoes, around 10 pair, that i can mix and match according to my selection of clothes.

Tora
03-28-2009, 08:14 PM
The VOTE carries by a large margin, pant are for boys, silly rabbit. Like the others, a skirt or dress is a real treat. With a slip, hose, and lingerie.
Dresses seem to be tough, as most GGs seem so casual. Skirt and top is pushing the scale as much as possible, without standing out at the mall.

It is a CD thing, they don't understand.

Kimberly and Karren are right!

CD Susan
03-28-2009, 08:29 PM
I prefer to dress as feminine as possible but this is not always practicle. I love wearing skirts and dresses but when I go out I do so with the intention of blending in and not drawing attention to myself. I do wear girls jeans and pants quite often and feel great doing so. They feel feminine on me just like a dress or skirt does. I do not understand why someone choses to stay home over going out some place where jeans are the appropriate thing to wear. What a missed opportunity!

Glenda
03-28-2009, 08:47 PM
I really prefer dresses or skirts and even have some casual type skirts when it just isn't right for me to dress too much. But there are some chores that I sometimes do when pants seem to work best. I've recently begun wearing capris for most of those times so I'm still feeling pretty feminine.

Crysten
03-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Thank you for all the responses!! :) I was just curious as to what you all thought - me, I'm kinda an "all of the above" person, just depends on the mood I"m in.

Crysten

Jess_cd32
03-28-2009, 11:07 PM
I prefer to dress as feminine as I can get away with, or perhaps better put: as sexy as I can. That's always been my style and personal interest in feminine appearance.........

Ditto that for me as well.

Samantha43
03-28-2009, 11:09 PM
I go both ways. I prefer skirts and to be dressed to the nines, but I also like jeans with a sweater and high heel boots. A casual look can enjoyable too......and much more comfortable.

Byanca
03-28-2009, 11:10 PM
I dont like jeans, I think dresses and skirts fit me a lot better. I use that most of the time. It's been years and years since I got myself any jeans.

Cindy Lynn
03-29-2009, 12:33 AM
This is DRAB??????????

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1386&pictureid=11906

Really I don't know how someone can consider a nice pair of jeans and a pretty top "DRAB"

Tamara, I hope you don't mind that I used your picture. If so send me a PM and I will remove it right away.

Karen564
03-29-2009, 12:57 AM
For me it depends on many factors.
Time of day, what I'm doing, where I'm going & the mood I'm in.

But lately this TS girl is perfectly content just wearing my girly jeans, a nice top and my heels to bum around the house and go shopping, and in most cases I see I'm way over-dressed just wearing those things.
Just because I'm wearing dress pants or jeans doesn't diminish my femininity in the slightest bit, and believe me, no man would be caught dead or alive wearing even my casual wardrobe.

I save the Uber-Fem dressing for the special occasions now..

Sorry if that disappoints anyone, but that's how I feel at this time..

Way back, I ALWAYS wore dresses or skirts only & dressed to the 9's , because that's all I bought and all I wanted to wear..
But I've changed a lot since then, in more ways than one..

Jean Ann S
03-29-2009, 12:17 PM
you look great Tamara ,,,,but best of all you are out there living the life many of us only dream about
You definately have it together
I think perhaps as one gets to dress more the need to be ultra fem decreases It is sorta like we need (want) so much fem and if only given a short time to indulge that teh tendency is to go for the really girly stuff ? any way just my opinion

Jean Ann

CatAttack
03-29-2009, 12:28 PM
I think jeans + top looks really great. skirts and such are really cute too, but depends on the mood.

TJ Tresa
03-29-2009, 12:29 PM
As long as I have on a pair of panties and a bra stuffed with my forms I don't care if I'm wearing a dress and heels or sweats and a pair of snekers, or capries and a soft top. I enjoy wearing women's clothing and try to look as much like one for the task at hand. However I will admit I haven't gotten the courage to go out of the house as of yet, though a couple of women, ( besides my wife,) know about my dressing and they both think I look good, very much the lady.

AmandaM
03-29-2009, 12:42 PM
For me it's the ultra-feminine cause I'm trying to feel like a woman as much as possible.

epsxyblkm
03-30-2009, 01:37 AM
I would have to say the more Fem the better for me. That part of me cannot get enough of the flirty skirts, and heels. What I though was a curse is now a blessing since I found bustiers. They are, for me, the ultimate in sexy.

juneW
03-31-2009, 07:57 AM
For me, it's sundresses and stockings; I dress how I feel on the inside, so I guess I'm also one of those "middle-of-the-road" people. But I do suppose stockings are a bit further on the feminine end of the spectrum, if that counts for anything.

Patricia1
03-31-2009, 08:13 AM
There's too much drab in the world on both sides of the gender divide. Get out in front & bring a little class to the action. Wear a dress, show your legs, beautify the land - let 'em know you're a well-dressed woman, not some slouch! Sensible doesn't mean plain.

Sammy777
04-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi girls. I was just curious - do you all preffer to go the ultra-feminine route when you dress? Or do you preffer womens jeans and tops mostly?

It depends of what is going on and where I am going.
It is nice to be dressed up once in a while [that goes for male/female modes] but sometimes it just doesn't work for what your doing.

The same way I would not say, go to the mall in a formal gown I would also not go there in a tux.
It just doesn't work, and I can't pull off the James Bond look anyway, [or Jane Bond for that matter, lol]

So ya, its jeans, top, sneakers/boots for everyday out and dresser for a night out.

Sharon B.
04-01-2009, 01:29 PM
When I go out for a drive or to a post office after hours I enjoy wearing a dress or skirt and a top along with heels. As far as wearing jeans that's all I wear when in guy mode. Maybe I'm old fashion but I think a woman should have on a dress or skirt with a nice top when she goes out. Along with nylons and heels.

JoAnne Wheeler
04-01-2009, 04:18 PM
UBER FEMININE for this Girl !!!!!!

JoAnne Wheeler

Deb The Brunette
04-05-2009, 04:38 AM
I don't even own a pair of fem jeans ...can't see the point but each to their own

FeliciaCD
04-05-2009, 06:59 AM
definately uber fem for me, i dont get much of an opportunity to fully dress, so when i do i prefer to dress fancy.

i have jeans and shirts as a guy, i want my girl to be diffferent

Crysten
04-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Funny thing - a while back, my wife lost a bunch of weight, and a lot of her jeans went into the donation box at our house - then, magically appeared hanging back in our closet (on my side) :)

I'm happy to say - they fit perfectly, with the proper amount of padding, tucking, etc. Flat, tight front, with a nice butt, and just the right length for heals, too!! Feels great with nylons and a stylish bodysuit on, I must say.

Womens jeans are NOT like mens jeans, in the slightest. Thinner, stretchier, with spandex....mmm :daydreaming:

But, dresses and skirts are nice too. I must have them all!! lol.

Crysten

akaCathy
04-05-2009, 08:41 AM
I could never be satisfied with just one choice. I want to be out in an elegant gown, but when it's time to work, jeans and blouse for me.

Hugs,

Cathy

Cait
04-05-2009, 08:42 AM
I prefer skirts and dresses when dressing as most of my male clothes (jeans and t-shirts) are fairly feminine or androgynous anyway.xx

Dawn Marie
04-05-2009, 09:36 AM
For me I dress very feminine when I go out, but I also dress to fit in. I'm not that much into jeans though so a casual skirt and top will usually do. If I'm not going out sometimes it is ultra feminine and some times it is just casual feminine when I am at home. But always with pretty things underneath. Don't get me wrong I would love to wear jeans or slacks and a nice top but I'm not sure I can pull it off nicely.

sissyhose
04-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I would like to go out in a sunner dress suntan hose and white heels

shayleetv
06-03-2009, 09:33 PM
When I was going out dressed and going to the university(1964), No girl was seen in pants unless she was working ing the yard. I guess I really am a girly girl. I would always be in a skirt or dress.

AmandaM
06-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Uber!

Crysten
06-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks for all the replies!! It seems the ultra-feminine crowd wins :)

I'll share a short story that happened yesterday. I was on a job site - welders and engineers hanging around - and the project review team showed up, with a VERY HOT ACTUAL FEMALE girl engineer in tow - wearing tight jeans, a tight top - and steel-toed pink clogs.

I thought all of us were going to fall over. My thought is - it isn't EXACTLY the clothes that makes the girl, it's the attitude and bearing that bring on the sexy. For us, the super feminine clothes COULD be (please don't shoot me) overcompensation? Hmm, don't know, but it's a thought.

Thanks again for all the replies!!

Crysten

PS. And I DO have a closet full of dresses, but as time goes on I've gravitated to wanting the "average girl look" more than the "dance floor diva" look. Not that I ever go out, my wife would hang me up by my short curlies. When they aren't shaved, of course lol.

Miranda-E
06-03-2009, 11:10 PM
I wear jeans maybe 5-6 times a month.

Christina Horton
06-04-2009, 12:25 AM
en-fem I wear dresses or skirt and top. I don't have paints for Christina and would never want to wear them .

Anna the Dub
06-04-2009, 03:08 AM
Jeans and tops mostly for me, occasional skirt. Getting all done up is too much effort, especially if I am not going anywhere.

Lori Robins
06-04-2009, 03:18 AM
I am bi, I like it both ways!!!! It all depends on the occasion and the mood. If I am just going to the shops I may wear a skirt, dress, jeans whatever. But if I am going out on the town I like to get all dolled up. Does that make me more of a girl if I can't decide??? :D

MsJanessa
06-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Uber femme--even My pants are femme but would rather wear a skirt or dress with all the trimming.

Alice B
06-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Depends upon my mood, amount of time I have and weather. I dress both ways, but prefer ultra fem.

suchacutie
06-04-2009, 09:38 PM
1) I'm not into frills. The girly, or little-girl look just isn't me.

2) feminine...absolutely. When I'm staying home, I wear what I feel like, but always completely transitioned to Tina. At any other time, dressing to fit is is my goal, even if that means jeans.

3) I own many jeans...all women's...and I wear them in drab :) My wife likes the way they fit!

tina

Vivian Chen
06-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Since I don't get dressed up very often, it's usually not jeans. However, I can't stand the "pink frilly" style and gravitate towards a more goth/rock/fetish wardrobe. If you want a good example of the style I prefer, look in my album.