PDA

View Full Version : First and second times out

Mirel
03-28-2009, 05:33 AM
Well, It's been a while since I've made my introductions - and I've made some progress on the old confidence meter.

Last week Friday, I dressed up after work and went to Walmart. It's not nearly as impressive as it may sound as a first outing - it was well after 2 in the morning (Part of why I went there, only thing open other than coffee shops and 7-11), not many shoppers. So I looked through the clothing section and kicked myself for not having any money on hand other than my credit card. Not sure if anyone got a good look at me, but if anyone saw something amiss, they did so silently. Except perhaps the lady muttering to herself at the entrance, but I'm sure she'd been doing that since before I arrived.

It was probably a good thing I had no cash on me to buy the pretties anyway; I think my nerves would have betrayed me if I had to go through the checkout. All in all though, I think my car causes more double takes and pointing/laughing than my appearance did that day.

And the second outing was just a few hours ago - It had been a long hard day at work, and I needed something to make me feel better - So I changed in a washroom, set the alarm, left the warehouse, and made my way to another Walmart (one closer to home). Got myself a few things, mostly makeup and skincare products (no clothes :sad: )...
But I screwed up at the cashier; I forgot myself, and said 'hello' in a rather clearly-not-feminine voice :doh:... Aah well, at least she couldn't do much more than roll her eyes at me. And then, as it turns out, the collar of my winter coat had messed up part of my, admittedly already poor (I'm still learning as I go), makeup job: Revealing a little bit of what I was hiding on my chin (It had been 12 hours since I shaved). I think a couple I passed on my way out noticed (The girl did anyway), as there was a large amount of giggling behind me.

I think I've boosted my confidence level significantly, but right now my nerves are shot. I don't normally like to call too much attention to myself in the first place, be my presented gender male or female. :o

Oh, uh, if anyone so desires, there are pictures - but my phone's throwing a fit, and then I have to weed out the ones that are terrible, and not sure how many that leaves me with...

Shelly Preston
03-28-2009, 08:06 AM
Hi Mirel

Its good to see you managed to gain enough confidence to get out Its not easy getting out there in the begining
I am sure your already planning your next trip :D

Persephone
03-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Congratulations Mirel! You got out and did your thing!

As to makeup and all the other stuff, remember, it doesn't come easy to GG's either. They spend a great deal of their teen years, as well as moments during the rest of their lives, working on it. It takes research (the internet and/or women's magazines), lots of purchases at WalMart and other places, and practice, practice, practice.

You go girl!

Byanca
03-28-2009, 05:52 PM
So nice to hear. But I have always wondered about this first time going out.

Since I was little, I started to experiment with people out. First I just used a skirt to see reactions, then little of that and a little of this. Until I could see that people didnt react to much. Mostly by observing females, since their preference obviously was similar. I used my grandmother a lot, when I was alone I went dressed to see her, from maybe 13 years old. My mother didnt like it. I dont think she ever told her what I did when I went over(100m from us). I did this all the time. At first I just used pantyhose under the pants, and accidentally they shoved, until she commented, and I felt secure-and then a little more and more.

So I find this concept of first going out fascinating. It's like training for something new. That must take a great deal of courage to just jump out like that.

Tasha McIntyre
03-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi Mirel,

Good on you for gathering up the courage to step out.

I think I've boosted my confidence level significantly, but right now my nerves are shot.[/SIZE]

I can so totally relate to that. I stepped out for the very first time only a couple of days ago........it was a very positive experience all round really, but for some reason, now my nerves are shot to pieces as well :doh:.

Good luck in your future adventures

Tash :)

Dalece
03-28-2009, 06:06 PM
You took the big first step and did shopping, Keep going girl.

Carly D.
03-28-2009, 06:23 PM
The lady at the entry was probably muttering "here's another one" or "where do these things come from"... I think I aroused suspicion at the dollar store yesterday when the clerk looked at the person making that clop clop high heels noise and it was a guy. the heel noise... anyway it does change your perspective on things fem when you try to go out amongst the public.. I'm working on the courage to do that now.. anyway good job and enjoy the fish...

sandybanks
03-28-2009, 06:36 PM
I wish i had the bottle to to do what you did.

JoAnne Wheeler
04-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Don't go out with make-up over a 12 hour beard - it's just tacky

JoAnne Wheeler

Sam-antha
04-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Get your mistakes over and done with at the beginning.
They don't hurt so much that way.

~Samm