PDA

View Full Version : how do you get your wife to go out and about with you when dressed

nicole 555
03-28-2009, 10:54 AM
last hallowen I wanted to out for diner and she want to part of that .But in the house it is ok with her I think she fell a shame of me

Sheila
03-28-2009, 10:58 AM
wanna give us a few more details hun, like how long has she known, what level of participation is she at with your dressing? how often you dress, do you go ut dressed on your own, what style do you dress like when out?

nicole 555
03-28-2009, 11:07 AM
she has none and help for 19 years ,and I do all but my make up she help with that about 2-3 times a week years ago 4-5 week before children got older I think she worry what they will think

Jenny Beth
03-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Simply put you can't "get" her to go out with you when dressed unless it's something she wants to do. Sounds to me like you are pushing too far and if you're not careful she might decide she wants nothing to do with your dressing at all. :2c:

Kathi Lake
03-28-2009, 12:32 PM
. . . I think she worry what they will thinkWhat do you mean, you "think" she wonders what the kids will think. TALK to her! Find out what she thinks - about that, about everything! Don't leaver her or yourself in the dark. Talk, like a loving married couple. If you're willing to put the "guy" aside and dress up, be willing to put the "guy" aside, open up and talk to her. Let her know your feelings. Find out hers.

Kathi

Sarah...
03-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Yep, you got to talk to her. You can't make her do anything. You could talk though, find out what she's thinking.

Sarah...

Sandra Dunn
03-28-2009, 09:57 PM
I don't think it's necessary shame, there might be other issues like what if some one you all knows sees you, what if you get attacked, what if and what if. These are more then likely the things that are going through her head. Ask about a trip out of town where you both can go out and not take a chance of you being spotted by some one you both know. Check out the city and fins other sisters there and make arrangements for some outings. This seems to work best for the spouses and allows you the chance to go out and in the daytime.

HUGS Sandra

rlars1
03-28-2009, 10:02 PM
You really do have to take what you can get and not push any issues. I think if my husband had pushed anything our relationship would be totally different. this past december was the first time we went out to do anything together in public and I have know about his cd for 6 years.
give her time, space and let her adjust her own comfort level with it. Don't push anything and you may see some change.

Samantha Kelsey
03-31-2009, 08:50 AM
You can't expect to 'get her to go out' with you en femme. It has to be her choice and she has to feel comfortable with it. You have to respect her decision. If you keep onto her about it she will rightfully feel bullied. Leave her to it, who knows she may change her mind.

julie w
03-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Its very rare to have a wife that (wants )to go out dressed with you
I know a few wives that go to CD events and dinners but draw the line
when walking the streets and malls personally I would not push her to go
out with you I think we are lucky if we have an SO that puts up with it

Tina B.
03-31-2009, 01:10 PM
All you can do is ask, then it's up to her, i can never figure out why people think they can get someone to do things they just don't want to do, and why would you want to anyway, if they are not comfortable, they would make sure you are not! I also notice the word maybe she is ashamed of you, well maybe she is not ashamed as much as embarrassed, if she might see someone that she felt she would have to explain things to. You can just blow off what others think if you want to, and say it doesn't matter to you, but it is another thing when you have to see your loved one ridiculed and laughed at, and she may fear that, as Kermit the frog always said, "it's not easy being green" and it's even harder to be a cross dresser. Your wife sounds very supportive, be grateful for what you have, and don't put her in an uncomfortable place, she has possibly gone as far as she can.
Tina

JoAnne Wheeler
04-01-2009, 12:59 PM
That is only a pipedream for me - my spouse would die before going out with

JoAnne

JoAnne Wheeler