PDA

View Full Version : Are these worth adding to my collection?

spaskinstyle
06-25-2005, 05:15 PM
I usually pipe in with my advice every now and then so I thought I would ask you girls about this new collection I am considering adding to my line. What do you think?

http://www.spaskinstyle.com/stock/NewCollection1Pink.jpg http://www.spaskinstyle.com/stock/NewCollection1Fucia.jpg http://www.spaskinstyle.com/stock/NewCollection1Peach.jpg.

http://www.spaskinstyle.com/stock/NewCollection1Blue.jpg

There are quite a few more but this really gives you an idea of what I'm thinking about. Give me some feedback girls.

I'm jumping in here and editing a bit. Another reason I'm hesitating a bit here is because I don't currently offer outerwear for sale - so this would be a relatively new venture. I really trust your judgement - many of you are so up, that I would feel confident with your recommendations on the general style of the outfits.

I love you gals,

Theresa

spaskinstyle
06-25-2005, 05:39 PM
21 Views and NO comments....

Now I'm scared. Maybe these are not a good choice for my first outerwear collection. C'mon girls, speak up.

Ms. T

Laura Jane
06-25-2005, 05:42 PM
21 Views and NO comments....

Now I'm scared. Maybe these are not a good choice for my first outerwear collection. C'mon girls, speak up.

Ms. T

Very nice for Ascot or a wedding!

All a bit too 'My fair lady' for me, but fun for playing the posh totty role. Go for it and good luck finding matching shoes and handbag!

Julie York
06-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Hi Spaskinstyle!

I am not a great judge but I have my own tastes. I would say as a fantasy Cd thing they are beautiful and would be great fun for a one day photo session. But not a commercial proposition because they are not practical for more than one wedding you will never be invited to. And flouncing about at home, lovely but not adaptable to anything but a fantasy.

They are seriously elegent and so I imagine expensive and most of us are rather practical when it comes to actually SPENDING money.

As a GG would you buy one of those outfits? For what occasion? And then what would you use it for after that? See, it's a one off.

They are lovely though. I just think they are not a a seller for CDs.

Hope that's not too negative. I don't mean to be critical just for the sake of it.

Now if you got into Office wear......totally practical, adaptable, fantasy and useful all in one bundle.

:D
Hope that helps.

ChristineRenee
06-25-2005, 05:51 PM
I agree with Julie Spaskinstyle. They are all very lovely, but I don't think that they would be practical wear for CD's. Just my opinion as well though.

spaskinstyle
06-25-2005, 05:59 PM
See, that is what I was looking for. Some good honest feedback. Now I will say that these are very inexpensive. These would run around $99. I guess my taste is rather extravagant because if it was up to me, we all would be prancing around in these all the time. LOL

Ok, so back to the drawing board maybe. I'll have to see. I'm going to continue going through the catalog. Maybe I have a few more shots here I can bounce off of you. This is great, my own focus group!!!

I really love you ladies.

Theresa
XXXOOOO

Wendy me
06-25-2005, 06:05 PM
i would say no send them to me ......

Julie York
06-25-2005, 06:34 PM
We've saved you a small fortune. Just send me some shoes. :D

Jenny Beth
06-25-2005, 06:35 PM
If I was invited to afternoon tea this is exactly the thing I'd be looking for, but heading out to a TG club....hmmmmm........don't think so. However I am looking forward to what other styles you come up with. Thanks for asking for our opinion.

Sharon
06-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Hi Theresa,
The outfits are lovely, and I don't assume to speak for anyone other than myself, but I'm only interested in clothing that I can wear outdoors -- in other words, clothing that let's me blend in with the crowd.

Tristen Cox
06-25-2005, 06:57 PM
I would try them out, see how well they move and such. I mean 'I' like them of course. I just don't know what the clients are looking for in your area. Best of luck :thumbsup:

Julie
06-25-2005, 08:24 PM
All the styles are very elegant and feminine. Those traits are beneficial in hiding masculinity, so long as they fit the wearer properly. They could go into your 'elegant wear' line. The problem is they are for very specific events and not something you might sell a lot of.

If you also include casual attire of a more feminine style you would probably get a lot more sales. Denim skirts seem to be a big hit. I've come to love skorts and cotton T's, especially with the Chicago weather warming up. Flowing skirts, tops and dresses also seem to be a hit here. Anything soft and feminine but in a more casual style should do well.

Ava Mouse
06-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Theresa,

I've been shopping for Ava stuff for at least 15 years, so I've got a good idea what will and wont look good on me. What I'd recommend you look into are clothing styles that are both feminine, yet hide masculine features and accentuate feminine ones.

Here's my crossdressing product wish list... If you can do even some of these things, and advertise these features/benefits for crossdressing, particularly those who want to pass or look real, then you'll make a lot of money.

For example, shirts with loooong, loose sleeves. Bell cuffs are a great way to hide big hands, and the wideness of them makes the hands look smaller.
Like this: http://raspberryberet.setglobal.net/node/2200

I'm ALWAYS looking for a light jacket wrap that will work with most any sleeveless shirt. The layered look has been in for a long time, and that helps us CD's a lot. This way, I can buy a spaghetti strap blouse and wear a longsleeve (or 1/2 sleeve to hide the biceps) on top. Example: http://img227.echo.cx/my.php?image=ava2005031210c6wb.jpg

Also note how the jacket draws attention to the bust.

Even sheer buttoned shirts are great for this. Sheer is good since I shave my arms, yet the fabric will hide my biceps and shoulders, and I still get to wear some mini blouses.

The problem is finding large sizes, because these are meant to be worn loose and allow movement, but we use them to cover up and keep warmer.

I like shirts that gently call attention to my chest by accentuating areas around it. Maybe by being snug under the bust. Though I find some of the shirts I have don't allow enough bust fabric and that seam rides up. i.e. because of our big shoulders, there's not enough fabric between those two places. The comprimise is to raise our forms, but that doesn't always look natural...

I'm too skinny to make cleavage, but a variety of high and low cut blouses in various patterns and colors are always in demand. Again the layered look works well here, if I can wear a chemise or a lace tank under a low cut blouse. We need this to hide our breast forms, if the bra doesn't cover them completely. Wider shoulders and larger upper sleeves, we don't need shoulder pads... :p

You can almost see it here, I'm wearing a black spaghetti strap shirt underneath the blouse, it hides my bra from the right angles and the breast forms... http://206.124.158.116:8888/ava/page10/tn/ava_2005061106.jpg.html

Which brings up another point. Bras. If you can get/make bras that cover the breast form seams with either a lace or sheer trim in the cleavage area, we'll buy them! This way we can wear low cut stuff and the illusion is not broken.

Another product I'd like to see is a miracle bra for men. Clasps in the front, has a pocket for forms, but also works like the diva bra: http://www.clcrv.com/ I have the Diva bra, and it works OK, BUT it looks like I'm wearing 2 bras with the tight shirts I want to wear... Lemme know if you want more details, I know how it should be put together...

While you have some nice shaper garments there, we want strapless bodyshapers for those strapless and spaghetti strap gowns. Something that is very tight around the waist, yet can hold up a couple of heavy forms snugly to the body and look smooth underneath as well as room for butt/hip pads and a snap open crotch for the bathroom. Nude is best, as close to skin color as possible... Remember, we have different mid section dimensions then women usually do. So finding foundation garments like this is quite difficult...

Larger wigs for larger heads. My problem is my hair line comes quite close to my eyebrows, and it's hard to hide my real hair... Wigs that have hair hiding the forehead/wig cap border...

Clips that hold wigs to the hair in such a way that it also raises our eyebrows like taping... Yet gentle enough that it doesn't hurt.

Clip on earrings might sell...

Summary: The problem we have, is the women's clothes we want to wear are too revealing for crossdressers, and the clothes that do help are not especially feminine. If you can make/find clothes with sexy/trendy colors, patterns, textures, fabrics that do as described above I'll be a repeat customer!!! :)

Well, that's all I can think of right now... email me if you want more details or ideas...

AmyCarter
06-25-2005, 09:41 PM
They're not particularly in style. When I want something like this I can usually get lucky enough to pick it up at a consignment shop or even goodwill all at a price of $15. For that much you can use it twice a year and not feel bad about it.... And there's even the option: buy from a regular store, keep the tags on, and return it a couple days later. :) You can only do this about 8 times per year per store without arousing suspicions. au revoir.
oh, and one time i went back to buy the same shirt i returned a week earlier, hehe, i really liked the shirt and they even reduced the price more...