PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes they make it look so easy!!!

jamiecd636
03-29-2009, 10:25 AM
I was driving yesterday, stop for a traffic light, glanced in my rear view mirror. The GG in the car behind me was putting on her eye liner. She did both eyes in less time than it took for the light to change. We both turned left, she pulled into the left lane passing me putting on her eye shadow as she drove(not very safe).

I know that GG's can do this as the result of years of practice. In my case, I can stand in front of the mirror for a long time trying to get my make up on. I guess I am just jealous.

TxKimberly
03-29-2009, 10:41 AM
ROFL

I know what you mean. It takes me an hour and a half in front of a bright and stable mirror to get my makeup on. I couldn't imagine trying to do it in a moving car. Of course we can assume she has a great deal more practice and experience than you or I.

Sara Jessica
03-29-2009, 10:47 AM
It's called practice, lots of it.

And it's not like I get all that much practice myself but I've been attempting a 15 minute makeup application limit lately. Yesterday I introduced eyeliner into the equation. I approached it with confidence and just went at it. Much to my surprise, it came out as good as it ever has.

The moral of the story is to get yourself a little practice and then don't overthink it.

StacyCD
03-29-2009, 10:47 AM
I wish I could practice a lot more as well!

kellycan27
03-29-2009, 11:02 AM
If I tried to apply my make-up,especially eye make-up in the car, it would end up all over my face.LOL

Kayla Shadows
03-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Ive gotten a little better with makeup.If I was in my car,I only applied it parked though,lol. Seems a little dangerous to drive and do it.I thought this girl was going to come right through a stop sign by my house.She came through it a little and I locked up my brakes.No hands on the wheel and doing her makeup.She gave me this wide eyed look as I just looked at her like she was crazy,lol.

Persephone
03-30-2009, 02:11 AM
Have watched a lot of women put on makeup in the car and think it is dangerous and unwise.

As to putting on makeup in general, yes, at first it takes forever -- I think it used to take me about an hour to an hour-and-a-half.

Now, about 10-15 minutes once I've shaved. I'm usually able to do my makeup and hair, and get dressed and be out in 45 minutes or less.

Strategy:

Examine eyebrows and tweeze any stray hairs.

Shower. Most mornings I don't have time to dry my hair, so I use a shower cap.

Shave. Right after shaving I apply foundation - for me this is usually a tinted moisturizer, but it can be any foundation of your choice.

I find it easiest to do by dotting it on in seven places - forehead, each cheek, chin, each side of neck and center of neck - and then applying it with a triangle makeup sponge. Tip: always up, never down! Up not only seems to force it into the pores for better coverage, but savy women know it helps in the fight against facial lines and wrinkles caused by gravity.

Get dressed while it is drying.

Next, eye makeup.

Personally, I typically use two shadows - a very light/white shade along the browbones just below the eyebrows and a color shade on the eyelid. Tip: an eyeshadow brush works much, much better and faster than the little foam applicators that come with most eyeshadows.

Eyeliner, if I'm wearing it, is next. Most of the women I know seem to prefer eyeliner pencils, but I have my best success with Maybelline Ultra Liner liquid liner.

Eyeliner is one of the hardest things to apply, particularly at first. But once you figure out where you want it and how much you want, it should become pretty easy. If you choose to use liquid, use it sparingly and once you apply it, either close that eye or keep looking down for a while until it dries. Meanwhile, do the other eye.

Mascara is next. If you can, best to apply some to to top of your lashes with your eye closed. Don't get too close to your eyelid or you'll end up with it on there too. After a couple of delicate swipes at the top, open your eye and coat your lashes from underneath. A light application to the lower lashes is optional, depending upon your look. Of course, never go on to the other eye without reloading the applicator in the mascara tube - not only makes your mascara more balanced, it helps keep from transfering bacteria from one eye to the other.

Next, I use a brow tint on my eyebrows. I have grey hairs in my brows and the tint not only covers them, but helps tame any unruly hairs. Some women, who don't have grey hairs there, use brow gel or brow wax for taming.

On to hair. Do whatever you do. My rituals involve curling irons, brushes and hairspray. Yours may differ.

On with any jewelry, earrings, necklaces, watches, bracelets and the like.

Line lips with a liner pencil, fill with lipstick.

Slip on shoes. Check everything with mirror.

Done!

Gabrielle Hermosa
03-30-2009, 03:51 AM
Every time I bring this kind of thing up with my wife, she always tells me the same thing: "of course, she's a girl." If we're watching TV and I make a comment on how that actress can run so well in her heels in the chase seen: "of course..." When I watch my wife do her own makeup and it's bing, bang, boom, done so fast: "of course..." and so on.

She has me convinced it's all just in the female genes - it's like their built-in super powers or something. lol

In reality, I'm sure it's because gg's are just used to it all. They grow up getting to do (or having to) all the things we want to do, and so it's just second nature to them.

Gisele
03-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Yea GG's make it look easy when driving. But hey we still have a leg up on them.

Can they pee in a bottle while driving? LOL:tongueout

carhill2mn
03-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Hi Jamie. It is mostly a matter of practice, practice, practice. I can usually do my eyes, face and lips in less than 10 minutes (unless I make a boo-boo).

CharleneT
03-30-2009, 01:47 PM
I agree with Sara Jessica, do not over think it. One reason why GG's can do it so fast is all the practice. But another is that they are doing it more by reflex, hence why they can do two things at once. The other night I had a friend over for dinner, I got going late and didn't leave myself anywhere near enough time for make up. Barely enough to get dressed. Once dressed it looked like I had 5 or 10 extra minutes, so I did a quick and dirty version of my standard makeup. I was surprised I was able to get even that done ( I normally take an hour ). Just as I finished my friend came up the walk and it all worked out. She commented after dinner that I had done a nice job on my makeup - I confessed my story :) Anyway, so I went into the bath to see and sure enough I looked pretty darned good.

SO, it is true, we can do it quick ! *Just do it* no worries or big contemplation. Double check of course .....

Kate Simmons
03-30-2009, 03:34 PM
I understand multi tasking but some of these gals are ridiculous. I can just see the "excuse" for running a stop sign. "I was putting on my mascara, while drinking my coffee, while talking on my cell, while reading the paper, while breast feeding my baby." Think I would let her go just for originality (too much paperwork).:heehee:

MissConstrued
03-30-2009, 04:14 PM
I had a girlfriend once who would put on makeup at 90mph on the freeway.

Then she had the nerve to get pouty when I wouldn't let her drive my car.

Karren H
03-30-2009, 05:21 PM
It used to be easy.... then I learned what to really do and now it's not so easy any more!!! Ignorance is bliss.... but results in a crappy makeup job!! lol

JoAnne Wheeler
03-30-2009, 05:32 PM
It must just come natural for GGs or they have had a lot of practice

JoAnne Wheeler

Karren H
03-30-2009, 08:31 PM
It must just come natural for GGs or they have had a lot of practice

JoAnne Wheeler

you would be surprised how un-natural it is to a lot of women... makeup and walking in heels... I hear it every day from young and older women alike... Practice... practice... practice....

Persephone
03-30-2009, 08:48 PM
you would be surprised how un-natural it is to a lot of women... makeup and walking in heels... I hear it every day from young and older women alike...

Which is why crossdressers are the last really feminine women on earth!:heehee:

Karren H
03-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Which is why crossdressers are the last really feminine women on earth!:heehee:

I wouldn't say that!! But it sure is hell playing cath-up ball!! lol

StephanieT
03-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Driving requires 1000000% of your attention. No not 100% but 1000000%. Those who do not give their driving the attention it need should lose thier license. Make-up is not a driving skill.:2c:

Karren H
03-30-2009, 09:36 PM
I probably shouldn't be posting using my Blackberry while stearing with my knees either.....

Persephone
03-30-2009, 11:20 PM
I probably shouldn't be posting using my Blackberry while stearing with my knees either.....

But you are keeping your knees together, right?