PDA

View Full Version : Bored as usual

Barbieman
03-29-2009, 05:20 PM
hi all
half the time as i live on my own,im totaly bored out of my skull.
Iam a girlyman (and my partner knows it) and love things that are girly and feminine,so what sort of things can i do any ideas ??

kellycan27
03-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Shopping is always fun. Buying shoes it the best because you get two. You were a bit vague.. What can you do at home? out? drab? dressed?

Jean Ann S
03-29-2009, 06:02 PM
"so what sort of things can i do any ideas "

One thing that might help would be to perfect the skills sometimes associated with feminity or at least are useful to all :

Learn to sew knit embroder weave
Learn to cook ,,,or cook better more variety etc
Practice your makeup skills
If you have lots of extra time attend "Beauty School "
Read Fashion / Womens magazines
Work on your Garden lawn
Practice your fem deportment mannerisms
Shop , Shop , Shop, dine , shop !
Work on making your body more fem/attractive
( Work on pedi and manicure ,,,paint nails ,,learn different hair styles
And practice
Do yoga ,,,,stretch ,,,,run all enfemme
I could go on and on with ideas

Jean Ann

kellycan27
03-29-2009, 06:12 PM
LOL There's your list...get on it!

Gabrielle Hermosa
03-29-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm a little jealous... of the fact that you actually have enough time to get bored in your day. :)

You wanna switch schedules for a while? No time for boredom in my busy day. :sigh:

I don't have any great suggestions, but have you tried writing and keeping a log? Some call it a diary, but I call mine a log - "Captain's Log" if you will. Star Trek reference. :heehee: I try to write down some thoughts about my day and also activities in my life. My log is more of a weekly thing because of time deficits, but I still force myself to keep one. After a while - it gets really interesting to go back and read what you wrote 1, 2, __ years ago. :)

Added bonus - for things that you really want to get out but are too shy to share with anyone - write them down. It's almost as good as telling someone. :)

Not the most girly activity in the world, but you can dress mighty girly while writing in it. I am. :)

Persephone
03-30-2009, 01:29 AM
Learn to sew knit embroder weave . . .

I love Jean Ann's list! But I notice one thing missing from all the suggestions so far -- get a part-time job en femme or volunteer.

You can apply to a temp agency and see if they can find work for you.

Volunteering offers you the opportunity to make a difference to someone’s life, and use your experience to help others.

Volunteering is great because you not only help a cause that you feel is important, but you get to meet and interact with others, maybe even form lasting friendships.

CSV - Community Service Volunteers (CLICK HERE) (http://www.csv.org.uk/Volunteer/) in your area has all sorts of full-time and part-time volunteer "jobs" for young people, seniors, you name it. Maybe check them out.

tamarav
03-30-2009, 05:04 AM
Boredom is simply a state of mind. I haven't been bored in over 60 years. Maybe that is why I am up at 3 in the morning looking at posts on this site, my mind cannot simply fall into a state of boredom.

There are so many things that you could be doing to prepare for your next dressing event, to learn about how others do things, practice speaking in a feminine voice, mannerisms, and the list goes on ad infinitum.

Boredom is self perpetuating, once you create a feeling of being bored, it will tend to continue to create a deeper hole. Some psychology types believe that it can lead to depression.

You have been given lists by members that have probably never experienced boredom simply because they have active, creative minds and never seem to have enough time in a day to get all the things that they want to get done, completed.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. You are the only one that is going to carry you through life.

At least, that is my opinion.

Barbieman
03-30-2009, 05:15 AM
I'm a little jealous... of the fact that you actually have enough time to get bored in your day. :)

You wanna switch schedules for a while? No time for boredom in my busy day. :sigh:

I don't have any great suggestions, but have you tried writing and keeping a log? Some call it a diary, but I call mine a log - "Captain's Log" if you will. Star Trek reference. :heehee: I try to write down some thoughts about my day and also activities in my life. My log is more of a weekly thing because of time deficits, but I still force myself to keep one. After a while - it gets really interesting to go back and read what you wrote 1, 2, __ years ago. :)

Added bonus - for things that you really want to get out but are too shy to share with anyone - write them down. It's almost as good as telling someone. :)

Not the most girly activity in the world, but you can dress mighty girly while writing in it. I am. :)
The reason for this is generally speaking due to a couple of points.
A:i work nights which means i have plenty of spare time.
B: my partner hasn't moved in yet
C: i live in Coventry,uk where it is like living on the moon !!
i am a musician but you cant play piano/keyboards 24 hrs a day !

Barbieman
03-30-2009, 05:17 AM
"so what sort of things can i do any ideas "

One thing that might help would be to perfect the skills sometimes associated with feminity or at least are useful to all :

Learn to sew knit embroder weave
Learn to cook ,,,or cook better more variety etc
Practice your makeup skills
If you have lots of extra time attend "Beauty School "
Read Fashion / Womens magazines
Work on your Garden lawn
Practice your fem deportment mannerisms
Shop , Shop , Shop, dine , shop !
Work on making your body more fem/attractive
( Work on pedi and manicure ,,,paint nails ,,learn different hair styles
And practice
Do yoga ,,,,stretch ,,,,run all enfemme
I could go on and on with ideas

Jean Ann

These are great ideas

Jean Ann S
03-30-2009, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=Persephone;1666175]I love Jean Ann's list! But I notice one thing missing from all the suggestions so far -- get a part-time job en femme or volunteer.

You can apply to a temp agency and see if they can find work for you.

couple more I might add that are high on my to do list
Would love to attend a college for a Semester or two enfemme
the other would be to work for a while enfemme , maybe in a dress shop or makeup store
I wish there were at least "Adult education " clases nearby to do enfemme

Jean Ann

Persephone
03-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Would love to attend a college for a Semester or two enfemme. The other would be to work for a while enfemme, maybe in a dress shop or makeup store.

Believe it or not, Jean Ann, I've done both!

Many years ago I applied to a temp agency and, after completing a typing test, was sent to fill in for a few days as a secretary in the engineering department of a company.

I was awkward and shy, but had a great time there for about 10 days. After that, the temp agency kept calling me because the customer wanted me back!

But I hadn't had laser treatment yet, they hadn't invented the Gillette Fusion razor yet, and my face was so torn up from shaving that I just couldn't keep it up. Besides, my two week vacation was over and I had to go back to the "real world!"

A few years later two GG friends and I took a couple of semesters of classes at the local community college. That was great!

I'm sure that more than a few people "read" me, but I encountered no hostility, learned a great deal, made some friends, and had a lot of fun. And, for the first time in my life, I had a straight A average!

I would have loved to have completed an AA degree, but both of my friends decided to quit. A year or so later I would have gone back, but by then some of my son's friends were at the school and I didn't want to run into them.

Still, I dream of either waiting 'til the kids I know have moved beyond that school (which could take a number of years as we have lots of friends with kids young enough to keep the school supplied for quite a while) or going to another community college further away. I'd *L*O*V*E* to have a degree in my femme name!

If you'd like more details on these adventures, let me know.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Karren H
03-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Volunteer.... enfemme or not....

StephanieT
03-30-2009, 07:32 PM
I am never bored. I have too many things going on in my life to be bored. If I become a little complacent with one part of my life, I seem to find something new to take on. My wife tells me I need to simplify but I don't think so.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-30-2009, 07:45 PM
I wish that I had your schedule

JoAnne Wheeler

Jean Ann S
03-31-2009, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=Persephone;1667071]Believe it or not, Jean Ann, I've done both!

Many years ago I applied to a temp agency and, after completing a typing test, was sent to fill in for a few days as a secretary in the engineering department of a company.

I was awkward and shy, but had a great time there for about 10 days. After that, the temp agency kept calling me because the customer wanted me back!

But I hadn't had laser treatment yet, they hadn't invented the Gillette Fusion razor yet, and my face was so torn up from shaving that I just couldn't keep it up. Besides, my two week vacation was over and I had to go back to the "real world!"

A few years later two GG friends and I took a couple of semesters of classes at the local community college. That was great!

Please tell us more

Jean Ann :eek:

Barbieman
03-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Boredom is simply a state of mind. I haven't been bored in over 60 years. Maybe that is why I am up at 3 in the morning looking at posts on this site, my mind cannot simply fall into a state of boredom.

There are so many things that you could be doing to prepare for your next dressing event, to learn about how others do things, practice speaking in a feminine voice, mannerisms, and the list goes on ad infinitum.

Boredom is self perpetuating, once you create a feeling of being bored, it will tend to continue to create a deeper hole. Some psychology types believe that it can lead to depression.

You have been given lists by members that have probably never experienced boredom simply because they have active, creative minds and never seem to have enough time in a day to get all the things that they want to get done, completed.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. You are the only one that is going to carry you through life.

At least, that is my opinion.
This is probably tru thinking about it.I have lived in other parts of England and i have never got over the culture shock of where i am now even though iam 40 and been here 25 yrs.When i was living in a one bedroom house in a coventry terrace (like being in jail) i was suffering from severe loneliness

Jennifer Cox
03-31-2009, 01:32 PM
The reason for this is generally speaking due to ... C: i live in Coventry,uk where it is like living on the moon !!

You have my sympathy. I'd never been there until a few years back when my daughter started Uni, but I'm in no hurry to return. Don't think my daughter is either, since she now chooses to commute :D