PDA

View Full Version : Huge Leap

Sherlyn
03-29-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't tell many story's here...Soooo here's one:heehee:... I have been going out quite a bit the past few years ..I do quite well in public places by ourselves and Night Clubs that are mainly TG friendly..I have gone shopping but not very much..
But Last Night
Earth Day Concert Downtown
..Yep I was nervous ..not a TG event ..just everyday people including teen girls ..lol ..So we park ...walk about three city blocks to the market square ...lots of ppl on the street ...I'm guessing they are just seeing 2 girls ..because everything is just norm ...like I mean no glancing stares coming my way ..dam I thought I'd get a stare coz I looked real good ..lol ... but ya anyways we get to the crowd at the concert ..I see the packs of teen girls ..but do I care NOPE ..my attitude and confidence level is peaked ..I stand right beside them ..just to provoke a look or whisper ...dam again nothing ..lol .. in the meantime Di is glaring at some guy who is circling us looking for conversation ..she musta gave him a good snarl coz before I even knew it he was moving off..lol ..good one Di ..
I guess what I'm saying here is I have reached a level where ..being free to be me ..is a simple as just doing it..and if anyone has a problem its theirs not mine
:D
BTW the concert was very good ..acoustic and jazzy ..we took several pics ..they are still on the cam ..but be sure I will be posting some in the Gallery at some point

steftoday
03-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Sher-
doesn't seem like a huge leap to me...
all your photos scream "hot girl", so to these old eyes, your huge leap would have been a long time ago...

Sherlyn
03-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Well not really Stef...it was a first time being in a large group that was the general public :)

"Mary"
03-29-2009, 05:55 PM
That's really great. As good as you look and as much as I thought you had been out and about, I would have never have imagined you weren't accustomed to being in the general public.

way to go. So, this kind of opens up all kinds of new doors for you, eh? Very happy for you. Thanks for sharing. Mary

Wendy me
03-29-2009, 06:02 PM
very cool on you becoming you...................

Sam-antha
03-29-2009, 06:09 PM
It is one of the most wonderful feelings that yuo can ever feel. Being you and feeling like it was you, while mixing with the general public.
Most important too, being up against those girls. That says it all.
~Samm

SherriePall
03-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Sherlyn -- I have to add my voice to those who thought you had made that leap so long ago. I mean, you always look 100 per cent femme in your pics and I'm sure many of us would be out in the general public every day if we looked like you do.
I am just venturing a guess here, but did Di have anything to do with pushing you out to this concert?
BTW, seeing pics of the two of you lovely young ladies, I am surprised that there weren't more men circling around.

Sherlyn
03-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Hi Sherrie..it was something we both thought of ..but Di gave the final push :D

inquisitiv
03-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Sherlyn, I'm new here but I'm not so surprised by your story. You have "the look" that just exudes confidence! Good for you!

Gabrielle Hermosa
03-29-2009, 06:36 PM
I have reached a level where ..being free to be me ..is a simple as just doing it..

That's awesome! :)

I have a long way to go before reaching that level myself, but I love reading stories like this. They're inspiring to me... and I guess I enjoy them on a somewhat vicarious level as well.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Sally24
03-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Good for you Sherlyn! Because you look so outstanding, many people don't realize that you usually go out to clubs and TG things. It's nerve racking for any of us when we go some place where we're the "only one". I go out in the daylight to all manner of places but there is still that little bit of uncertainty. You look around you for some odd reactions, but there aren't any. The confidence and comfort with yourself that you project is key.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Just being you is one of the greatest joys a girl can have.

Tracii G
03-29-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm so proud of you Sher way to go!
You would fit in anywhere IMO.

SuzanneS
03-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Sherlyn, honestly I would never suspect that you were anything but a GG after seeing those pictures...I'm glad to hear you had a good time!

Suzanne

sara_also
03-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Can life get any better? Good on you Sher...........

TxKimberly
03-29-2009, 07:33 PM
I'd have to be honest - I'm stunned to hear that you haven't been going out much in public. You look flawless, adorable as hell, and though it's hard to get perspective from a photo, you like petite as well. I'm glad your out there, and be sure to hug Di for all of us that wish our wives would join us as she does you.

CD Susan
03-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Way to go Sherlyn. I have to agree with some of the others and assumed you had been going out in public on a regular basis for a long time. You certainly have the look for it so I am not surprised that you have the attitude and confidence level that you do. I wish you many more successful outings with your very wonderful wife.

Sherry-Stephanie
03-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Huge leap for you???? Nah yu've got ti nailed all the tinme fronmw hat I see,,,

Sally2005
03-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Way to go! I've thought about what a concert would be like... In a way it might be easy because with so many people you won't stand out and there are all kinds of people so even the odd ones if they do get noticed are not really questioned.

I think I get noticed more in the daylight and even then its not too common.

You look good!

Lisa LIckorice
03-29-2009, 11:59 PM
It sounds like you had a lovely time! Wish I had the guts to do it. Maybe someday!

Wendy Seymone
03-30-2009, 03:25 AM
How cool... I love attending those outdoor concert type things. :battingeyelashes:

cindybarnes
03-30-2009, 05:24 AM
Sherlyn, I remember another "huge leap " you posted about some time ago,,,making that first step into the bar as Sherlyn.
So whats next ? LOL
You know if you want some stares all you need is to wear one of those really short skirts you have :)
Anyway it sounds like youall had fun ! Thanks for posting the story !

Cindy

victoriamwilliams1
03-30-2009, 05:34 AM
Sounds like you had fun and like many have sad you made "the leap" a while back:)

Gisele
03-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Sherlyn, you have nothing to worry about. You are a vrey pretty girl! Also I am happy to hear about your day out.:hugs:

Kelsy
03-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Sherlyn,

You always look fab!! If I were to venture into that croud People would scatter!!!:D

:hugs:Kelsy

vikki2020
03-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Ain't it a great feeling, when you can cross over that imaginary "line", and just be out there being you? For me, sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.Glad you had fun!:)

TGMarla
03-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Way cool, Sherlyn. We had an Earth Day set of concerts here a couple of summers ago....Johnny Lang, Blind Boys, Delbert McClinton....great stuff. Wish I could have gone en femme as well, but I have no doubt you pulled it off without a hitch. That's great! Having Di with you has to help a whole lot, too. I'm real glad for you.

charlie
03-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Hello Sherlyn!
Great story. I go out, but haven't arrived at your confidence level yet. A whole street full of teenaged girls is not where I would go to to have a stress free evening. With your confidence and good looks though, you carried it off. And I would guess you will be going anywhere you want from now on. Terrific!

CharleneT
03-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Congrads ! Sounds like you had fun!! It is a real blast to be out in 'normal' public -- and be treated normally -- isn't it :D

Charlene

Shelly Preston
03-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Congratulations Sher

I am glad you are finally at the point where you feel comfortable enough to enjoy the concert :hugs:

Fran Moore
03-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Attitude and confidence are NOT underrated! You look great!

CatAttack
03-30-2009, 03:32 PM
I really like this story, glad you had fun and a boost of confidence!

boardpuppy
03-30-2009, 03:46 PM
With your good looks and a few well placed playful pokes in the ribs (ticklish?) to supply the confidence and attitude......What's next on the list of great accomplishments.

Hugs,
Alice

Sam-antha
03-30-2009, 04:46 PM
I would remark that the only fault with a crowd is the trapped feeling that one might get. You know, the cannot get out feeling.
~S~

JoAnne Wheeler
03-30-2009, 05:34 PM
What are you worried about ? You are just plain beautiful ! You would

pass anywhere as pretty as you are.

JoAnne Wheeler

Sherlyn
03-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Thank-You for all the postive feedback ...as for worries we all worry about reactions and so called passing ..comes with the territory :) male traits tend to come naturally at times ..gotta watch that ..lol

kimberly ann487
03-30-2009, 06:01 PM
This post is very surprising to me. Just from seeing all the lovely photos of you and your exploits I thought of you as being at the 24/7 level. If you're not passable then there's no hope for me. lol
:love::love:KIM

Sherlyn
03-30-2009, 06:16 PM
I can enjoy this side of me however and whenever I choose .. 24/7 for me is that right to do so :) So you might say I am 24/7 :D..I'm very happy with this lifestyle..I was born with male and female thoughts and manners and it feels very natural to me ..so why close one out ..when both can enjoy life

Prissy Linda
03-30-2009, 07:34 PM
How cool... I love attending those outdoor concert type things. :battingeyelashes:

You look fabulous Wendy :battingeyelashes:

Thank-You for all the postive feedback ...as for worries we all worry about reactions and so called passing ..comes with the territory :) male traits tend to come naturally at times ..gotta watch that ..lol

well, you are a hottie

Di
03-31-2009, 08:20 AM
You said "I have reached a level where ..being free to be me "
That in itself made me happy :D because you are and now you feel it and know it inside...wow:D

And this....made me smile big time:D....so why close one out ..when both can enjoy life:D ........
I think of these words.....double your pleasure, double your fun:o
yes the words are from a doublemint com.:o but true non the less:D

Lisa Golightly
03-31-2009, 08:30 AM
Arrrgghh... You mentioned Jazz... I better lie down for a bit... I feel faint... Jazz has that effect on me ;)

You're a natural... I've always told you that :)