PDA

View Full Version : It has been a long time since I dressed

StephanieT
03-30-2009, 09:16 PM
I have been in a guy mode for many weeks. I just have not been motivated to dress. The next couple of days I have to myself and I am trying to get up the energy to get dressed and go out. I am just not sure I have the energy to drag everything out from the closet, dress and then put it all back.

Debutante
03-30-2009, 09:19 PM
This has happended to me often. But it comes back... you have to get to know yourself, your cycles, pay attention to your body's patterns, psyche, your work levels, and other physical/psychological aspects that affect you.
Much as girls do every day...:battingeyelashes:

Karren H
03-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Weeks???? It's been months for me!!! I'd be dragging stuff right now rather than setting at the computer listening to us babble!!! GO!!!

Sharon
03-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Why do it when it involves such an effort? I'm sure the desire will return eventually, but I wouldn't force it. Relax -- do what you want to do.

Kate Simmons
03-31-2009, 05:12 AM
There is no "law" that says you have to Hon. How you feel about yourself is what counts, not what you look like. Sometimes we don't need to dress at all to be ourselves.:)

pinkeverything
03-31-2009, 05:42 AM
It's been a few months for me as well.

JoAnne Wheeler
04-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Well all have those feelings at times (CD memopause) - it will come back

JoAnne Wheeler

SherriePall
04-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Don't worry about it. I once went through a spell when I didn't feel like dressing. Musta been couple, two, three days or so.
Seriously, don't force it. When you feel like it, you'll love it.

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-01-2009, 06:56 PM
I have been in a guy mode for many weeks. I just have not been motivated to dress. The next couple of days I have to myself and I am trying to get up the energy to get dressed and go out. I am just not sure I have the energy to drag everything out from the closet, dress and then put it all back.

What's the problem?

If I don't feel like eating carrots for weeks or months, I just don't. Why would you feel like something is wrong if you don't have the urge to dress?

If you don't have the urge to dress, but miss dressing up anyway, then take some time to dress up. I've done this several times. It doesn't happen often, but (when I was still in the closet with my wife) I had times where I had the opportunity to dress but not the urge. I usually chose to dress up anyway. There was still something comforting about the experience even if it didn't feel necessary. But sometimes I went longer periods without dressing and that was just it. No big deal.

Do what you feel like doing. We're not going to revoke your cd membership or anything. :heehee: