PDA

View Full Version : Be-all 2009 need help

nicole 555
03-31-2009, 05:41 AM
I would like to go but it may be to close to home it is only about 3 miles from home. Someone may see me ,that i know. Do you think it would be safe ?????

Senban
03-31-2009, 05:43 AM
What, where, when, who, why and how.

Perhaps a link? :)

deja true
03-31-2009, 06:32 AM
Be-All.org

The second largest yearly conference gathering of transfolks after SCC. Over 800 participants...trans men, women, CDs, transitioning, SO's, everybody. It's held in the Chicago area (Downer's Grove, this year, I think)...June 2-7th.

I wouldn't worry about getting seen by anyone you know, unless you leave the giant hotel to do some outside shopping in the neighborhood. We take over the whole place and there are no other guests. But even if someone you know does see you, that means they are there for the same reason you are...

For folks wanting to meet others and step out for the first time in a totally unthreatening (and totally helpful) amosphere, this is the place! Cannot reccommend a conference like this highly enough. You'll even meet at least 20 others from here, including myself, rexy, Wendy S and a lot more. We'll be there for you, sis!

Search the tags and threads for Be-All info from last year. There's lots! Join the Be-All Buzz group on yahoo.

Please come. You'll thank me for it!

:)

JoAnne Wheeler
04-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Well, there you have it - Deja True has said it all - I want to go too !

JoAnne Wheeler

Lorraine Adams 2008
04-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Trust me, Nicole, no one will recognize you. No one has ever put two and two together about me. My male photos look nothing like my female photos. One year I attended a local tg conference at a resort hotel three hours away from home. As I was standing in the hallway talking to other t-girls, I just happen to see someone from work. She was walking to the restroom with another woman, oblivious to the TG conference in our section. At the time I kind of panicked. Not once did this woman look our way. She was attending another conference, one that was somewhat connected to my job but in another dept. Later on that evening, when I got all dressed up to attend the black-tie affair (I wore a sequin evening gown with a fancy updo wig), I exited the elevator on the ground floor, walked around the corner where the lobby was located, and just happen to see the same woman I work with. I could not believe my luck! She just happen to be reading a magazine. I continued to walk on to the ball. I knew that there was no way for her to recognize me. A few days later, at work, I happen to be in a position where I had to work with her and our boss. Not once was there any mention of her conference or anything about seeing a bunch of crossdressers at the hotel. One year, I went to an annual conference (that happened to be in Downtown Chicago that summer), and decided to go to the black tie affair en femme. There were over 1,000 people there in attendance. I even invited a transitioning TS I met via the Internet, who happened to be a member of a local group (and recommended to contact). We had a blast being there. People asked to share my high top table to put their drinks down. I must have spoken to eight or ten strangers that night who were non-tg. I did happen to see one person from my hometown and two or three from my homestate (who belong to the same state level business organization). I just casually made sure I didn't stare at them. No one has ever mentioned anything about seeing a couple of crossdressers at that ball.

So, go and have fun at Be-All. Enjoy the moment! It's a great experience to meet up with others like us. There's so much to share in experiences. There's so much to learn from others. You can make new friendships and network with others. Go so you can be yourself.

Lorraine

Karren H
04-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Just go!!!

jessicacd43
04-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Just go....
I plan to be there Tuesday - Saturday all that time ....
It will be great I hope
Jessica

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-02-2009, 04:21 PM
I also hope to go this year at least for a day, I only live an hour away and believe you me nobody that you know will see you unless they are there also.

Dragster
04-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Nicole, I'm in the "JFDI" camp too. My wife is paranoid about anyone seeing me dressed, but as I explain to her, if you do a good job, no-one will be able to connect your male character with your female appearance. The only place you'll have difficulty is if you have to leave your own front door dressed, or drive your own car to the event. Then some people may be able to connect you to your house or car and put two and two together; so if you can find somewhere else to prepare, than no one will be any the wiser. Also, if you have to talk to someone you know (and that should be easily avoidable), they may recognise your voice.

Have a great time,

Tony