PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing cure!?

Shiny
03-31-2009, 09:51 AM
This mostly goes out to those who either work at home, have plenty of free time and or seclusion or are retired.

Aside from all the speculation on the "CD" subject there is another level it seems that I recently found myself experiencing. And it's quite a different sensation, mentally that is.

In being recently retired as well as now living alone I find I have plenty of time to persue other interests, mainly my "hobby." I used to often think about hitting-the-silk while at work or in doing someother activity I wasn't interested in and during my free time at home I often took advantage of the time to explore and develop my CDing activities. I pretty much fit the classic textbook example but in not having to work anymore and in not having to be around people I would rather not be around I find it a very liberating experience.

I initially began dressing more and more completely until I was nearly "living the lifestyle!" I don't go out, I stay at home but it's a strange sensation when you realize you have more women's clothing then mens then realize you're now dressing more often fully as a female than a male!

I guess it's a bit like wanting that favorite milkshake or pizza or hamburger or those favorite fries you like but can't get because the store is in your old college town or somewhere you visited once, but you remember and the thought is often on your mind. But then if you are in the position to get those fries or that burger you sit and eat your fill making sure you have "more than enough" until you are finally, more than satisfied.

I find as of late that this is the case with dressing. There's nobody in my way, I have all the time and seclusion I could ever want or need and I have taken advantage of it to the point that now, the dressing has gone from a once almost momentary pleasure lasting only a few minutes to one that can now last hours, or days or even weeks if I desire!

Is is a balance of the egos or personalities? I'm not sure. But I have come to realize that the articles of clothing, those trappings of femininity have gone from fetish to now being just "clothes!"

I can chose my gender when I dress in the mornings and when I think about what I am wearing I realize that it's just clothes, nothing more. Then as I go about the house cooking and cleaning or reading or watching television or surfing the net it doesn't seem to matter. I'm just wearing clothes.

This strange equalization continues through the day as well. I find I can dust and clean and cook and do most things when in a dress looking like a 1950's housewife but when the going-gets-tough, when there's heavy lifting putting boxes on shelves in the garage or changing oil in the car or frying some greasy chicken or having to really get down and scrub a floor I find it much easier to revert back to blue jeans, T-shirt, baseball cap and tennis shoes!

It's a logical approach I guess but you can't work on the car while wearing chiffon and lifting heavy boxes in 5 inch stiletto heels just doesn't cut it either. I can be in the middle of enjoying an afternoon in full Drag but if something has to be done that I can't do looking like Donna Reed I change back into male drab with little thought. It's just functionality and, it's just clothes.

It's a liberating experience and a quite welcome one. In crossdressing or being able to as much as I could possibly want I find that I don't "want" it that much, or as much as I used to. I don't feel that blind urge anymore and that is a relief!

I find I don't dress as much lately. I'm sure the urge would return as always should I find myself unable to dress when I wanted to but in knowing there's a closet full of dresses nearby I find that seems to be enough these days and I find that it's easier to just do the male drab thing most of the time now.

So is this a "Cure" for crossdressing? No, I don't think it is. But I think it's as close to a cure as there is!

Karren H
03-31-2009, 10:36 AM
First.... There's a classic text book for crossdressing? Secondly... Stay from burgers and fries.. Bad for your girlish figure. And lastly.. The only sure fire cure for crossdressing is death, in my humble opinion. But I don't condon that at all!!!

Ohhhh. And I'm never going to retire.. Crossdressing on an expense account is just to big of a "fringe" benefit!! :)

Kate Simmons
03-31-2009, 10:47 AM
Well, the word "cure" infers there is a problem or disease. Crossdressing is neither. It is merely a way of expressing feelings most of us carry inside but are loath to openly express due to a particular situation. I have experienced what you have in that I feel they are just a choice of clothes (and/or appearance), nothing more. We usually come to this conclusion when we balance our feelings, give ourselves permission to express them, integrate them and fold them in to our overall self. At that point the presentation doesn't really matter and is really just a choice.:)

Sallee
03-31-2009, 10:49 AM
I would agree to some extent It certainly isn't a cure maybe a substitute.
I think your right in saying it is just cloths. I have found when I get to spent a lot of time dressed I forget about it and "the thrill is gone". So in one respect atleast for me dressing for long periods of time and forcing myself to do things that aren't considered feminine kind of "cures" me for awhile. I have done things that don't fit the descriptionin of the Donna reed you describe, cut the lawn clean the garage, in Donna Reed mode and the thrill wasn't there and it was kind of a pain. I found that about under dressing too although panties full time are kind of fun.
I guess to much of anything can get old. Maybe that is the difference between a TS and a part time CD.

Sally2005
03-31-2009, 10:51 AM
I have experienced something similar. It seems like once you face your fears and accept who you are the intense desire drops off. I always had this strong desire to dress 100% and see if I could pass in public, it takes a lot of courage to actually do it and I was always scared my ego would get busted. Once I discovered I could do it (can't pass 100%, but I do okay from a distance) I felt like I met a lifetime goal and now I can move on to other life goals that need attention. I still feel the need to dress sometimes and I think about it often, but the real strong compulsion is gone for now. I wonder if it is a cure in a way...your mind is telling you to do it (for some unknown reason) and when you actually are able to do it, your mind figures out something it couldn't resolve before.

BrendaDaniel70
03-31-2009, 11:33 AM
I've experienced this lately too. I've been laid off for a few weeks and being home alone, took the opportunity to dress almost everyday. The initial thrill or what what I considered the "fetish"(may not be the right word) part of dressing isn't as strong anymore. But I still think about "being" Brenda, dressed or not.
For me, I have to agree with others here. I think that I've finally accepted who I am and don't necessarily need dressing to connect with that part of me now. I have to say, it is liberating.

julie w
03-31-2009, 11:45 AM
I am not retired but because of my work have lots of time to dress on my off
days , you are right though if you can dress as much as you like it feels different Im not sure its a cure , I remember when my kids
were small I felt I was coming unglued not being able to dress

JulieC
03-31-2009, 12:15 PM
It certainly can be liberating. I'm finding touches of that now in my life. Just the outer edges of it, but I'm finding it.

Contrast....

I gave up purging when after many years of not crossdressing, I put on a pair of pantyhose. The psychological/mental explosion from that momeny convinced me never to purge again, and just start accepting me as me.

CDing comes and goes, ebbs and flows. But, it's always there.

CD Susan
03-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Shiny, I am in the same situation as you in that I am retired and live alone. However this is where I feel our similarities end. I have been retired for 17 months now and during this time my dressing has escalated to the point where I am almost 24/7. I have waited my entire life to be in this situation and I am now living a very satisfying lifestyle. There has not been one day that my desire was diminished to the point where I did not want to dress that day. What I am saying here is that not all of us have experienced what you are going through. I hope that I do not ever lose the interest to cd and I would be very disappointed if I did. I also hope you are satisfied with your degree of interest to cd just as I am satisfied with mine.

kristinacd55
03-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Sounds like the life for me!
Cure for cding? Death & dirty jobs!

PhillyGuy2Girl
03-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Hello all its been awhile since i've been here but been very busy.

Since I finally embrace my feminine side and started CDing, the only time I'm in guy mode is for work,seeing family and going out with friends. At home, I'm dressed femme and sleep femme most of the time. For years I kept my inner female locked up and now that she's out, she's never going back in lock up. So if there is a cure for CDing, I don't want it

Felicity :)

MissConstrued
03-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Once I discovered I could do it (can't pass 100%, but I do okay from a distance) I felt like I met a lifetime goal and now I can move on to other life goals that need attention. I still feel the need to dress sometimes and I think about it often, but the real strong compulsion is gone for now.

I think you're on to something. Once I discovered I could pull it off, I don't think about it nearly as much. Now, when I'm going to go out of an evening, and ask myself if I should dress up, or go drab, it doesn't bother me a bit to say "nah... drab is fine." There are no regrets or obsessions when I'm free to do whatever, whenever.

Kate Lynn
03-31-2009, 05:40 PM
When I was 9 years old my parents took me to a psychiatrist because I liked wearing my stepmoms high heels,the psychiatrist convinced them he could cure me of my,"perversion",with electro shock therapy.
After three months in a state mental hospital undergoing shock treatments I was sent home,and heavily medicated,I was caught in high heels,I'm living proof there is no cure for men wanting to wear womens clothes,in my case it was those 50's style high heels.
I wish I could find them now.
No my parents did not file a malpractice law suit against that doctor,they just took me to a different psychaitrist.

kellycan27
03-31-2009, 05:48 PM
Maybe not a cure, but rather you might be experiencing something that some of full time girls have. That being that the novelty sort of wears off. My job requires that I dress in a business type attire 5 days a week. by the end of the work week, or at the end of the day, rather than get all dolled up, I'd much rather slip into something more comfortable like my jeans and a tee-shirt and tennies. Dressing becomes more like a job than an adventure. I don't always feel the need to get made up and dressed up to run quick errands or to do things around the house.:2c:

JoAnne Wheeler
04-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Why would anyone WANT a cure for crossdressing ? Get outside and enjoy

doing things enfemme - you have the ideal situation - don't waste it

JoAnne Wheeler

anna kate
04-01-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm retired and I do miss the expense account, BUT!!! the freedom to go enfemme any time I wish is awsome. Yep, it's just clothes, the change it makes in the person under them is the good part. Never tire of donning clothes, so long as I get to choose which ones. My wife looks at me funny, when I wear trousers, (that's the male version of pants) instead of a skirt. Hope the cure never comes my way. Dressing is so enjoyable, it's hard to believe there is no law against it. Went shopping enfemme, with my niece yesterday and the clothes police didn't bat an eye. :2c:

SatinDoll00
04-01-2009, 04:42 PM
I can understand where the OP is coming from here. I haven't posted here in a while, and I haven't dressed for a while either. Not because I can't, or because I think there is anything wrong with it though. I went on a long series of business trips, and for a solid month, when I wasn't working, I was dressing. And by the end of the month, much like the OP, I had sort of started to understand why my wife throws on some sweats and a t-shirt at night, instead of parading around the house in a chemise and a pair of 5 inch heels. They really are just clothes.

I still enjoy dressing, but something about it has changed for me. I don't get the same feeling from doing it I once did. I don't know, its like I accepted my fem side, made her a part of my life, and now I am one. I know that sounds silly, but it used to seem like I needed to dress to get in touch with her...but now, I know she is always there...because she is me. I don't know if that feeling will change, and if it doesn't, I am okay with it. It's like being at peace with it or something.

sterling12
04-01-2009, 05:12 PM
When I was 9 years old my parents took me to a psychiatrist because I liked wearing my stepmoms high heels,the psychiatrist convinced them he could cure me of my,"perversion",with electro shock therapy.
After three months in a state mental hospital undergoing shock treatments I was sent home,and heavily medicated,I was caught in high heels,I'm living proof there is no cure for men wanting to wear womens clothes,in my case it was those 50's style high heels.
I wish I could find them now.
No my parents did not file a malpractice law suit against that doctor,they just took me to a different psychiatrist.

That My Dear, is one horrifying account! Shock treatments for wearing Mom's High Heels! If it exists, there must be some special place in Hell for people who do things like that.

Things have changed at least enough that I doubt anyone could get away with something like that these days. But, it sure points out the need for laws and protections for The Transgendered.

By the way, I would call your story kind of an ultimate truth about so-called "cures." For the umpteenth time Psychiatric Community...it ain't a disease. Ya' can't cure it, cause it's what we are. When I became a Nurse, I lost a lot of respect for Doctors. When I worked in The Psychiatric Field....I lost even more!

Peace and Love, Joanie