PDA

View Full Version : Making Progress!

cd_britney_426
04-01-2009, 01:45 AM
Wow, it has been almost a year since I first dressed for the first time. I never thought I would have taken it as far as I have in just a year's time. I have kept track of the number of times I have gone out in public dressed and this has been a total of 57 times! :)

What is interesting is how the more I do this, the more I feel that I am simply expressing my true self instead of just doing this for fun which tells me that I could eventually transition. I am out to my Mom as well as several people at work (and potentially the whole workplace depending on how fast gossip gets around). Neither work has seen me dressed on-site nor has my Mom but several people at work have seen me dressed at nightclubs and my Mom will be attending the gay Pride and will see me dressed for the first time. Most of these outings have been at a nightclub that specifically caters to TG people but is a rather serious dive bar and so I've ventured out further. I have now gone out to a regular "gay bar" where I am often the only T-girl present but have had major acceptance from a number of GGs there. I have now been confident enough to buy makeup myself with the help of the sales lady and shop for clothes myself again without needing to drag someone along.

Also, interesting is I've made a habit of getting fast food after the nightclub and have received some interesting compliments by not only GGs working there but also a man as well. Granted this is just in the drive through but I have gone there in drab as well and one of the GGs said she loves to see me dressed and likes the "girl" me much more than the "boy" self. I have also been getting mostly "ma'am" at these neutral environments and often when I am called "sir" it will be followed by an apology and then a "ma'am."

What is also interesting is how when I first started going out as Britney, it was a big deal. I looked forward to it, set a lot of time aside to get ready, and was a bit nervous (and really nervous at the very beginning). Now, it is as routine as brushing my teeth. Going out as a female is coming natural enough to me that in a way this is how I truly see myself as it is much more than just looks or clothes but my true gender. Maybe I'm not 100% sure on this yet but time will tell.

Most importantly, I have greatly appreciated all of the support I have received from so many right here on this discussion board. I never would have thought so many people would take so much time giving their advice and best wishes especially when I encountered some tough times.

So what's next? Well, gay pride will be the first time I go out in daytime. At night, I have the luxury of not being seen by as many people and not fully seen as much by the few who do notice. During the day, there is no hiding anywhere. That is my next goal is to get used to being Britney in daylight hours and easing more and more into regular environments such as stores, restaurants, etc. Other than that, I am also interested in electrolysis although money is tight right now. Oh, and I've been growing my natural hair out so eventually I'm going to go without a wig! :) Anyway, sorry for ranting but I thought I would share since I haven't posted any progress for some time. Take care everyone. Britney

Teri Jean
04-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Britney, I want to comend you for your post and your journey over the past year. I have also gone through this over the past two years and the journey has been fun and educational. My attitude and acceptance level has changed also. My late wife had said I re-invent myself evry decade or so and she may have been right to a point. But my desire to dress and be more than the guy I was born with has been influencing me for 50 years. Now I have the freedom to be me and support from her sisters. Now I'm rambling so have fun and enjoy the ride. Keli

Marcie R.
04-01-2009, 07:21 AM
I have had a couple of experiences of going out dressed fem and found them very stimulating. I am six foot two inches and that turns a lot of heads. I wonder if people look because of my height, or do they really see me as a crossdresser. I expect as time goes on I will begin to feel ore comfortable:):)

JoAnne Wheeler
04-01-2009, 10:09 AM
You certainly have made a tremendous amout of progress in a relatively

short time - the more you dress, the more you want to just stay that way

has been my experience

JoAnne Wheeler

MissConstrued
04-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Is that what we call falling off the deep end now? Making progress?

In politics, "progress" = "handbasket to hell" so I'm a bit leery of that word.

Are there really that many people making the jump from having fun out in drag a few times, to getting implants & having your willy chopped off? (I will NOT use euphemisms for it.)

Or is this just one more weird internet fantasy? Certainly the anonymity allows one to be anything he pleases.

shannonsilk
04-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks for sharing your journey with us Britney. I think it was about 2-1/2 years ago that I went out for the 1st time. I would never have done it without the encouragement I got here. I haven't kept track of how many times it has been. Some weeks I"ve been out twice. You may be ahead of me.

Let us know how your daytime outing goes.

Teri Jean
04-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Marci, girl I have you by a full two inches at 6-4 and yes I have turned heads also but then My daughter is 6-2 and she is quite a looker which brings rubber necks also. Today women are taller so just enjoy the stage now and then but be safe. Huggs Keli

cd_britney_426
04-02-2009, 01:06 AM
I'll certainly keep you all posted. Pride is in mid-April here and I haven't yet figured out what to wear but I know I will have something suitable for a daytime and non-formal outing. There will be a lot of walking so heels are out of the question. Britney