PDA

View Full Version : So, You Think You Want GRS?

Julie
06-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Read this article (http://www.intelleng.com/zen.html) if you're considering GRS. It will give you a pretty good idea of what recovery will be like. :help:

Other TS Stuff:

Questions to Help Thinking about Your Gender Identity (http://www.genderpsychology.org/transsexual/question.html)
What Does it Mean to be a Transsexual? (http://www.genderpsychology.org/transsexual/meaning.html)
The BSTc Region of Transsexuals' Brains (http://www.genderpsychology.org/psychology/BSTc.html)
Autogynephilia: a critique of the perspective of J. Michael Bailey, Anne Lawrence, & Ray Blanchard (http://www.genderpsychology.org/autogynephilia/index.html)

Chrissycd
06-28-2005, 10:24 AM
You've come through again with another very important link. I wonder if any of the postop girls would be comfortable commenting on the article. It would be helpful to learn as much as possible about this very personal aspect of transition, if any girls can bring themselves to give more insight. Regardless of whether anyone does, I'm thankful for the info in this article, Julie. This is one of the most anxiety filled steps in transition and we need to know as much as we can ahead of time.
Hugs,
Chrissy
ps - My bloodwork appt. w/ my endocrinologist is July 8th. With any luck, I'll begin HRT by August. :) Wish me luck.

Tristen Cox
06-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Off topic: Hi Chrissy good to see you:)

Back on topic..... I read that article the other day when you posted it Julie. It only backs up what I figured would be a fine line between a good recovery and a bad one. I don't mind pain or anything but I have to say the more I see the recovery processes and the things you must do in order to maintain yourself during the after surgery time of GRS, I wonder if I could stand 'that' part of the transition. I suppose if I want it bad enough then I would just do it and not think about it.

As you may have read in this section already, I have come to terms of what I am and what I can do. I suppose if I did still have any chance of transitioning completely this type of preparation before hand wouldn't bother me. I know I'm just babbling. I only want to be fully what I feel I should be. My best solution for this would be transplanting memory with a GG who wanted to transition into a guy. We would not only be helping each other, but would really 'be' the opposite sex without surgery and recovery etc.

Thank you for your limitless insights and for always coming up with useful information.

Rachel_740
06-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Julie,

Thats a great article thanks. I've saved it to favourites for when I need it most - next year.

Anne

Julie
06-28-2005, 01:45 PM
My best solution for this would be transplanting memory with a GG who wanted to transition into a guy.

How many of us have thought of that?

I remember seeing the remake of 'The Fly' and figured instead of a fly replace it with a girl. :D That's what's great about dreams, there's no limits! :rolleyes:

ChristineRenee
06-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Good stuff Julie...thanx for the links. Interesting concept...taking the movie The Fly and replacing the fly with a girl. Makes for some fascinating imagery for the imagination!:cool:

Love,
Chrissie:)

MarieTS
06-30-2005, 10:40 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Confused here... the excellent article on post-op procedures mentions some post-op lubrication fro inttercourse may be produced by the cowpers and the prostate glands. It is likely that elemnts of the cowpers are often retained along with tissue freom the penal shaft to help line the new vagina, but the prostate is long, long, long gone. Totally removed I've been told.
Nonetheless, thanks for the articles Julie-- I can't wait to read the others. This article reinforced my long held belief that indivuals undergoing SRS are some of the most courageous people in the world.

Chrissy-- good luck with your endrocrinoly consult. I hope you can start hormones soon! :)

Rachel_740
07-01-2005, 12:39 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Confused here... the excellent article on post-op procedures mentions some post-op lubrication fro inttercourse may be produced by the cowpers and the prostate glands. It is likely that elemnts of the cowpers are often retained along with tissue freom the penal shaft to help line the new vagina, but the prostate is long, long, long gone. Totally removed I've been told.
Nonetheless, thanks for the articles Julie-- I can't wait to read the others. This article reinforced my long held belief that indivuals undergoing SRS are some of the most courageous people in the world.

Chrissy-- good luck with your endrocrinoly consult. I hope you can start hormones soon! :)

I asked my doc when I saw him at the end of may about if they will be removing my prostrate when I have the op, because I was thinking that if that was removed then there was no possibility of prostrate cancer in the future.

He explained to me that the prostrate is left in place. If you have virginal sex post op (or if you have anal sex) it's the prostrate that gives you the orgasm.

Anne