PDA

View Full Version : Femenine product smells you remember from childhood....

heathr1
04-01-2009, 10:28 AM
I remember the smell of mother's....

Hairspray
Lipsticks
Leather boots
Leather skirt

Lorileah
04-01-2009, 11:01 AM
"roses..." (cut to snow globe falling to the floor and rolling away). I still like the smell of rose perfumes on others ( not me so much).

My favorite smells are related to the more masculine. A radio station asked the general question here what smells do you remember from your childhood. Mine was whiskey, cigarettes and Old Spice, mixed together, separately not at all. It was what my grandfather smelled like. I am still attracted to men who smell like that (haven't met a woman who wears Old Spice yet)

2b.Lauren
04-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Powder. I can remember going into the washroom after my mother was dressed and putting on the last parts of her makeup as she left for work. She worked midnight shifts, and left for work just before I would go to bed. So I would sit with her while she finished her makeup. She would put on her powder and then dab the puff on my nose. Great memory.

Lisa Golightly
04-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Chanel No. 5

JoAnne Wheeler
04-01-2009, 12:49 PM
1) hair perms

2) lipstick

3) hairspray

4) perfume

JoAnne Wheeler

Leslie Mary S
04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Don't remember a thing.
My mind, due to the traumatic incident of mom and dad's divorce, has blocked out most of my childhood except for a few selected incidents for time periods before I was 11.

vikki2020
04-01-2009, 01:54 PM
The smell of my moms' bedroom, the lingerie drawer, the make-up drawer.I would go in there when I came home from school, and get dressed. The scent was probably the first step as I got dressed:daydreaming:

Adrianna_Sofia
04-02-2009, 05:02 AM
My classmate's Victoria's Secret "Sweet Temptation" body mist...I wasn't really attracted to her but that scent really pushed all my buttons...:o

Shari
04-02-2009, 06:38 AM
My Mom kept a separate small stand where she put many of her dress shoes.

I used to open the door and stare at them and remember vividly the smell of the leather and the wood emanating from the cabinet.

The first pair of heels I ever wore were a pair of her high heeled sandals, stored in that same stand.

Charlena
04-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Hair spray, beauty salons, I used to tag along and enjoy being around the ladies. Unlike being around my fathers friends who always made me uncomfortable.

sailcruisn
04-02-2009, 07:53 AM
I remember the smell of mother's....

Hairspray
Lipsticks
Leather boots
Leather skirt

I never thought of hair spray or moose as feminine even though my mom used hers on me plus the perfume she used to wear. I remember the smells of walking through the perfume departments in the stores and It is like a high when I smell it now. The flowers around the house out side to always smelled nice and fresh and they looked so beautiful especially during this time now. I sure do miss them.

As far as a beauty salon last month was the first time for me to have my hair done at one I had never had the full treatment before(I didn't have it colored though) and I got to say that it was really nice. I ended up going with one of my female friends too. I will admit that my hair was still cut like a guy but I have decided that I am going to grow it out now.

Leather not so feminine to me. Always had leather seats in the car. So it I guess don't associate it with any gender.

gretchen2
04-02-2009, 08:52 AM
My moms perfume, which I was allergic to. It would send me into sneezing fits. Then there was one of the popular girls in high school. She borrowed my coat one day and her sent was over powering. That sent encompassed me for days and gave me a strong desire to wear her clothes and bathe in her sent.

sometimes_miss
04-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Perfumes. Love's baby soft. Charlie. And one of those flavored, scented lipsticks, I think they were called lipsmackers.

jennifer marie
04-02-2009, 05:11 PM
1) The hairdresser where Mom took me with her evary Sat.

2) Perfume

3) Lipstick

sandybanks
04-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Lavender. My mother loved lavender

inquisitiv
04-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Evening in Paris perfume.

BLUE ORCHID
04-02-2009, 07:25 PM
The smell of spandex elastic in bras & girdels to this day it still
brings back many fond memmorys of trying on moms things.
Now I have my own any time I want to dress up.
.................................................. .....................ORCHID

VeronicaMoonlit
04-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Perfumes. Love's baby soft. Charlie. And one of those flavored, scented lipsticks, I think they were called lipsmackers.

OMG yes. Since it was my sister's stuff I first used and she was one year younger than me, my first perfume was Love's Baby Soft, and of course I remember Bonne Bell Lipsmackers. :-)

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Marilynn
04-02-2009, 09:27 PM
For some reason, what sticks out is the smell of old women. Either perfume or occasionally powder. I don't know what the perfume was, but every grandmother seemed to wear the same stuff. The powder was probably my own grandmother, because I'm pretty sure you had to be close to smell it.

goofus
04-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Powder. I can remember going into the washroom after my mother was dressed and putting on the last parts of her makeup as she left for work. She worked midnight shifts, and left for work just before I would go to bed. So I would sit with her while she finished her makeup. She would put on her powder and then dab the puff on my nose. Great memory.

Yeah, I remember the smell of powder also, and blush. When I use certain kinds it takes me back to when I was younger and my cousin, sister, or whomever would want to do my makeup (I didn't usually discourage them :) )

Jilmac
04-02-2009, 10:04 PM
The lavender sachet in my sister's dresser drawer when I would try on her panties.

But there was also the raunchy smell of the lotion my mom used when she gave all my sisters perms. Yeech!:eek:

Tina B.
04-02-2009, 11:20 PM
If your old enough, Ponds face creame, it had a cherry almond smell, I loved it!
Tina

Rachel Michelle
04-02-2009, 11:20 PM
When I was a wee lad and we happened to be at a family gathering, it seemed like this one aunt of mine would always find time to polish her nails. I'd discreetly try to sit close enough to watch (and smell) what she was doing.

I'm not sure why I found this routine of hers so mesmerizing and the scent so intoxicating. Maybe that's it - maybe I was just getting high!

At any rate, little did I know then what adventures lay ahead of me.

Rachel

Deb The Brunette
04-03-2009, 03:48 AM
Chanel No. 5

Yep Deffo, I'm with Lisa on this one,

My sis was given some by a boyfriend, I was about 12 at the time and she went ballistic when she caught me using it as she did when she caught me wearing her best party dress later on ...that was the time of my outing by the way

Jen534
04-04-2009, 01:44 AM
I started dressing in the 6th or 7th grade. I don't really remember any smells that tempted me to start dressing or smells from dressing but I do remember I used to go crazy over fruity smelling things.. girls in class with lotions or hair products. I slept over my cousins house and used her fruit scented shampoos and it was so intoxicating.

MissConstrued
04-04-2009, 03:21 AM
Apple pie.

And my granny's turkey stuffing.

Crap. Now I'm hungry.

Highland Anne
04-04-2009, 03:37 AM
For me the smell of my moms perfumes. She had about 5 or 6 on the left side of her dresser and some of the bottles were very small and elegant and tricky to open but the scents were heaven.