PDA

View Full Version : Seperate Facebook Account?

Seras
04-01-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm quite big on social networking and facebook, however now that I've started going out en femme and am meeting people who see me primarily as a woman I am facing a dilemma on whether to add them to my normal facebook account or to create a new one entirely for my en femme persona and friends who know me as such.

Seeing as I haven't "come out" to the world as a CD yet (and considering that my career is a priority I don't intend to do so for a long while) I am not going to post photos of myself dressed on my normal account or mention my dressing in any way there. So with that to avoid any accidental slip ups or any mixing between my friends-who-know and friends-who-don't I think the best choice is to create a separate account where I could post all my girly pics.

What do you all think? Has anyone had any experience with this? What would you suggest?

Leslie Mary S
04-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Separate accounts.

JoAnne Wheeler
04-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Seperate accounts

JoAnne Wheeler

Karren H
04-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah!!! I have separate enfemme accounts spewed all over the web......

Sheila
04-01-2009, 05:11 PM
unless you want to be out to all and sundry I would create seperate accounts .... just my :2c:

Teri Jean
04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Two accounts and having said that I need to set up a different one for myself. Thanks Keli

Robynts
04-01-2009, 08:08 PM
I live by the philosophy of separate accounts and never shall the twain meet! Like Karen I have separate accounts sprinkled all over the net.

kathrynjanos
04-01-2009, 09:18 PM
I have a separate MySpace account. I have Facebook for my normal self, and MySpace for Kathryn. I only signed up for MySpace because of some Chicago hottie who was on there, and I wanted to get in touch with her because she passed so well, and I needed a lot of tips.

erica12b
04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
two are better than one

Ashlie Marie
04-01-2009, 10:44 PM
gotta go with too. its a little more work, and like most of us proly you will find that your original will start getting less attension since you will be so busy adding all of us to your new one :-) if you want some fun click on my myspace in my sig, and then try and find my "male" page burred in my friends. lol

have fun

jasmine87xoxo
04-01-2009, 11:32 PM
As others have said 2 accounts are the way to go! I have a facebook for my male self and myspace for Jazz.

docrobbysherry
04-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Separate accounts, AND a PRENUP! :brolleyes:

Better to be safe than sorry! Been there, done that!:doh:

Beth Wilde
04-02-2009, 01:58 AM
I have 2, it's so much easier...

Sammy777
04-02-2009, 03:17 AM
First thing to do, if you haven't done it already, is to setup a email acctount for "her". Gmail [google], Yahoo, Aim [AOL], there are plenty to choose from.

Once that's done use it for all your online accounts like Myspace, Facebook, ect ect.

You will find it is a lot easier to keep your female side organized any free of any cross-contamination from your male side.

I would also avoid adding your male accts to your female accts as friends as well as fudging your info slighty on your female accts so that your "his" and "her" accts do not come up together in a search by location, age, ect.

Crissy Kay
04-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Yes, Seperate accounts are the way to go!!! I even have my own pc set up like that with passwords on each side. I set up my fem side as a guest account, with my male account being the computer admin.

Seras
04-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Thank you for the tips, girls! I've just created a new facebook account from a seperate e-mail address for my female persona.

Kate Simmons
04-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Unless you want your dual identity spread across the world, it looks like you made the best move.:)

EnglishRose
04-02-2009, 02:32 PM
My god, I worry about even looking at CD groups etc on facebook, let alone having anything of Christina's on my male account! :eek:

Right choice sister!

Carly D.
04-02-2009, 06:49 PM
I have several myspace accounts for various reasons and a facebook account and yahoo 360.. and a yada yada yada.. who gives a rip...