PDA

View Full Version : What time were you supposed to pick up your mom?

pamela_a
04-01-2009, 07:35 PM
My 17 year old son is on spring break this week. He wanted the car so he dropped me off at work this morning. At 5:00 he came to pick me up. As he pulled into the parking lot where i was waiting I noticed there was a police car behind him.
As I walked to the car the officer got out and walked up to talk to him. The officer asked my son if he knew how fast he was going to which he got the standard "I'm not sure" answer. The officer told him he looked like he was going pretty fast around a few curves, then he asked him "what time were you supposed to pick up your mom?"
Needless to say my ears perked up. Did that officer just call me his mom?

He ended up just getting a warning so we both left with big grins on our faces. His for just getting a warning and mine for the officer thinking I was his mom.

-Paula-

joann426
04-01-2009, 07:40 PM
paula now thats is reel funny pretty good though:heehee:

kellycan27
04-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Paula... that's such a cute story.....Oh and i hope that you had a "little talk" with you son regarding...speeding.

CD Susan
04-01-2009, 08:59 PM
It is nice to see a happy ending to this story. I bet it made your day with the officer thinking you were your son's Mom.Very cool!

amy canada
04-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Paula, do you dress full time? Or were you in drab but just look very feminine?

Sammy777
04-02-2009, 03:34 AM
I think you being there is what probably got your son off with just a warning.

What self respecting officer would ticket a young driver in front of his mother, :lol2:

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Adrianna_Sofia
04-02-2009, 04:16 AM
Nice story Paula...:)

Probably the officer thought of giving your son a harder time (being a teen speeder) but when he saw you waiting for you son his thinking probably changed to "oh, shoots...the kid's picking up his mom...hmm...it'll probably save me more time to just let this kid off with a warning than to get caught either A. mom scolds child while I'm around or B. Mom tries to beg and plea to let her son off..."

So i think your son actually owes YOU one, Paula...:D

Princess29
04-02-2009, 05:32 AM
nice

JoAnne Wheeler
04-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Nice police officer - let your son off and called you "mom" - life is good - but

tell son to slow down in the future, Mom.

JoAnne Wheeler

cindym5_04
04-02-2009, 12:06 PM
That was an entertaining story... and good job helping your speedy son out of a ticket. :)

Niya W
04-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Officer I was late picking up my mom please don't give me a ticket .

I've got to use that one. oh wait I'm not 17 :(

pamela_a
04-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Amy asks: Paula, do you dress full time? Or were you in drab but just look very feminine?I do dress full time and do not have any male clothes. I try to keep it subtle (no skirts or overly feminine tops, no make up except lipstick and no jewelry) but it's definitely fem and I make no attempt to hide my (a little bragging here) natural 40D bust. I do tend to carry a purse most of the time too.

At no point did the cop tell my son to slow down though. His advise to him was to leave earlier so he wouldn't be in such a rush.

-Paula-