PDA

View Full Version : Preparation time

Taylermade
04-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Ok, so I wondering if anyone else out there takes FOREVER to get ready? I do not do it on purpose, and feel bad too, but I cannot seem to get ready within a reasonable time. Sadly in the past, I have left some hanging and/or they have canceled on me because of this. The longest a person had to wait on me in preparation for a date, was 3 hours! I would be curious if anyone else has made someone wait that long. Amazingly enough, he waited the 3 hours. But I mean for me, it always has been and always will be about looking good.

:heehee:

dilane
04-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi Tayler,

I think my record for being late for a date is 20 minutes.

I usually try to get things ready in advance, unwanted hair removed, wig combed out, eyebrows cleaned up.

If I've done the above prep work, it's about an hour to an hour and a quarter at a leisurely pace. I've had a lot of laser/electro, so shaving is a breeze and I wear regular street makeup, so I guess that saves some time.

Makeup and hair take me 20-25 minutes, nails 15, and dressing, jewelery and last minute fussiness takes another 20 or so.

When I was on jury duty for a week, I got it down to 45 slightly rushed minutes -- I kept my nails on that week.

The worst timewasting culprit is wardrobe indecision -- trying on 3-4 pairs of shoes, deciding on another top or dress, etc. So I usually plan that out in advance.

I personally think it's inconsiderate to keep people waiting more than a few minutes, unless you've had some kind of emergency and have warned them in advance. I mean we do know about how long it takes to get ready, right?

-- Diane

Taylermade
04-03-2009, 12:15 AM
I would agree which is why if I know I am going to be late, then I inform that person. I certainly do not leave them in the dark.
Again, I prep plenty early and still cannot manage to get ready on time.

kellycan27
04-03-2009, 01:41 AM
One hour max... to get ready for work, and that's after night before preping, choosing an outfit. My hair takes the longest. Dates are different, I can take longer. I try to look my best,but hate to be late or to keep anyone waiting.

shannonFL
04-03-2009, 05:45 AM
Three hour wait? Worth every minute :love:

Karren H
04-03-2009, 05:57 AM
If I'm doing a fast gender change out in a public unisex restroom it's 15 minutes or less.... If I'm taking my time and playing with my makeup... hours.... and hours....

JoAnne Wheeler
04-03-2009, 07:50 AM
It takes me a LONG time too - I now appreciate why it takes my spouse so

long to get ready - but think of it this way, getting ready is part of the fun

it it part of expressing my feminine desires and needs

JoAnne Wheeler

Sharon B.
04-03-2009, 12:22 PM
It takes me at least three hours if I haven't kept up to date on my body hair, if I have kept up to date on it about one an half to two hours.
Usually have to change at least twice if not three times before I'm satisfy on the outfit and heels.

marla01
04-03-2009, 12:35 PM
When I have the time, I normally give myself 2 hours, but I can get out the door in 30 minutes if I have to.

If I have any control of the matter, I NEVER make someone wait. I think doing that to someone else is a horrible insult.

Marla

TxKimberly
04-03-2009, 12:58 PM
I would agree which is why if I know I am going to be late, then I inform that person. I certainly do not leave them in the dark.
Again, I prep plenty early and still cannot manage to get ready on time.

Tsk Tsk - you contradicted yourself here. If you "can not mange to get ready in time" then pretty much by definition you did not "prep plenty early". I know it takes me 1.5 to 2 hours to prepare and I factor that in to any appointment time I agree to.
If it takes you three hours, then you should be factoring that in to your agreed upon schedule. If you were three hours late to meet me with out a very good reason (had to work late, car broke down, traffic accident, etc), I might wait for you . . . just so I could tell you to piss off to your face. LOL
I HAVE been late, but it's rare and I feel ashamed when it does happen. It's a "bad habit" I picked up with so many years active duty Army.
"Early is on time, on time is late!" LOL

tamarav
04-03-2009, 10:10 PM
I go from short bald guy to this

in about 90 minutes....

I am rarely late, I believe being late is arrogant and does not take into consideration others....

christinek
04-03-2009, 10:26 PM
When I first started out I used to fuss over my makeup ALOT. Now I pretty much just use some pancake and eyeshadow and lip gloss. I think I look better with less than more.

Now if I need to go all out about 30 minutes.

Taylermade
04-03-2009, 11:24 PM
When I have the time, I normally give myself 2 hours, but I can get out the door in 30 minutes if I have to.

If I have any control of the matter, I NEVER make someone wait. I think doing that to someone else is a horrible insult.

Marla

Well how bout we pin a rose on your nose.:brolleyes:

Taylermade
04-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Tsk Tsk - you contradicted yourself here. If you "can not mange to get ready in time" then pretty much by definition you did not "prep plenty early". I know it takes me 1.5 to 2 hours to prepare and I factor that in to any appointment time I agree to.
If it takes you three hours, then you should be factoring that in to your agreed upon schedule. If you were three hours late to meet me with out a very good reason (had to work late, car broke down, traffic accident, etc), I might wait for you . . . just so I could tell you to piss off to your face. LOL
I HAVE been late, but it's rare and I feel ashamed when it does happen. It's a "bad habit" I picked up with so many years active duty Army.

I love it when people ASSume things, Good stuff indeed.

Taylermade
04-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Crap can I have my head back???? ..........sheesh.

Did I say I do this every time? Nope, I do not believe so.

I am pretty sure I was basically explaining one recent instance and one only as far as being late unfortunately for 3 hrs. Now if I did not make that perfectly clear enough then that is my fault in what I was trying to convey.

docrobbysherry
04-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Nice to see u here!:hugs:

I don't date. And when I dress, it's normally with AT LEAST 3 different outfits. My sessions generally START at 3 hours, and sometimes last most of the day! However long I guess it'll take, I'm ALWAYS about 45 mins., to an hour off!:doh: ( They're longer, of course!)

However, IF I was planning a nite out, with only one outfit, but with everything looking good, and done PROPERLY, I expect I could NOT prep myself in less than Tammi's 90 minutes! Probably more!:eek:

Taylermade
04-03-2009, 11:46 PM
I would agree. I prep plenty of time but you know it may not be enough. And again, I have not been late every single time.

I could have word the message a little better to make sense.

I am sorta surprised at people's replies in seeing me as arrogant. I think that is a little uncalled for.

Good to see you too Sherry.

windycissy
04-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Assuming I'm shaved down, it only takes me 15-20 minutes from when I hop into the tub until I zip up my skirt or dress...a couple of things I have going for me: quick-dry polish on my nails, and a quality wig that saves me lots of time compared to shampooing, conditioning, styling, etc...my makeup is a breeze from years of practice, and putting on my clothes is second-nature to me now. The proof is in the pudding: a look that is very natural, and passes everywhere:

http://p1.hotornot.com/pics/HZ/HL/HQ/NY/EEESERRPPAUG.jpg

joann07
04-04-2009, 12:39 AM
It takes just over an 1 hr to 1hr 30mins to get fully dolled up.
That includes everything from shaving my face, putting on my contact lenses to applying makeup, jewelry, wig, undergarments, jewelry, and finally shoes.
The part that takes me the longest is my makeup which is about 40 minutes.

Hugs!

MissConstrued
04-04-2009, 03:11 AM
Being that I only date those of the XX chromosomes, taking a long time to get ready is well understood. They get a kick out of taking less time than I do.

The proof is in the pudding: a look that is very natural, and passes everywhere:

Bitch, please.

Deb The Brunette
04-04-2009, 03:23 AM
I hate people who are late and 99% of the time I am never late at all (we all have last minute emergencies/disfunctions sometimes)

I usually have 2 or 3 outfits picked out ready to go if it's somewhere a bit special that I'm going ....I still do the girly thing though and end up with something totally different lol,

I can be out of the door in about 30 mins assuming that I've already showered etc. But for something really special give me about an hour or so

Missy Tanya
04-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Ahhh the prep time. I love it soo. I spend hours for days prepare for my day/night out. I have taken off from work early just too be on time. Weekend events are best. I have from Friday night after work till party time to prepare, and its takes time to make something from nothing. I give it up to the GG's. Never did I realize all the work they do, to look beautiful. Now whenever I see a well made up women, I take note. Not as much on how pretty she is, but giving her the respect of knowing she took the time to look so pretty today.

I HAVE been late, but it's rare and I feel ashamed when it does happen.

I agree 100%, I have use that line. Wife hates it. Were the first to arrive always.

I go from short bald guy to this

I need to make a visit too your shop, There must be magic in the air in Oak Harbor. This short bald guy would be an challenge for you, ha ha.. But can't I dream of looking even close to, as good as you do, it would be worth trip.

Missy Tanya

TxKimberly
04-04-2009, 08:52 AM
I love it when people ASSume things, Good stuff indeed.

ROFL - I didn't have to ASSume anything, I simply quoted your own words, and kept them in context at that - no assumptions made.
My comment about sticking around long enough to tell you to "Piss off" WAS intended in jest with the hope or drawing a smile. It's not the first smart a$$ comment of mine to fall flat, nor will it be the last as I'm too stupid to keep quiet.

Deb The Brunette
04-04-2009, 09:00 AM
ROFL - I It's not the first smart a$$ comment of mine to fall flat, nor will it be the last as I'm too stupid to keep quiet.

Hey I reckon we might be twins :heehee:

Karen__Starr
04-04-2009, 09:36 AM
I have to guess at my get ready time, if all goes right usually minimal facial makeup takes about 15 minutes, no facial hair to deal with and only use eye makeup and lipstick. Figuring out what to wear can be 15 minutes to an hour, as there are times when I simply keep changing my mind. One thing that makes things quick for me is no facial hair. Right now I wear a wig and when my hair was half way down my back the prep time was about one hour as I have very unmanageable hair which needs lots of attention as it's very wavy and not consistent which is one of the reasons I cut it off first to just above the shoulders but was so thick that in male mode it screamed "this is odd for a man" and eventually cut it off.

msginaadoll
04-04-2009, 11:12 AM
It generally takes me about an hour if am already shaved(face that is) I hate to say I was a half hour late to meet a friend recently. That was because as was almost ready banged my leg and tore my hose. Had to stop bleeding and find new pair of pantyhose.

JoannaCaroline
04-04-2009, 11:48 AM
If I'm just running to a restaurant or a club? From scratch it takes about an hour. The fastest I get ready to leave the house is about 30 min. If I'm going to a fetish party with extreme makeup and clothes? Then it takes several hours. Of course I usually plan better for that and it includes wine and cheese while I dress. (shhh I get bored when it takes longer than a few minutes to do everything)

Have I made people wait? yes. It happens. Ive gotten much better as I got older though.

Michelia
04-04-2009, 02:13 PM
If I just dress for a quick outing without make up, it takes me half an hour.

But I I really want to look good and use some minimal make up and do my hair other than a quick ponytail, it takes me hours. It seems I am always finding things I need to redo at the last minute. My nails, or my ear hairs, or deciding which blouse to wear.

But I have not had much practice. It will take some time to get used to what outfits work the best, etc.

Taylermade
04-04-2009, 09:57 PM
ROFL - I didn't have to ASSume anything, I simply quoted your own words, and kept them in context at that - no assumptions made.
My comment about sticking around long enough to tell you to "Piss off" WAS intended in jest with the hope or drawing a smile. It's not the first smart a$$ comment of mine to fall flat, nor will it be the last as I'm too stupid to keep quiet.

Then I commend you on sticking to your guns.
I think you definitely could have worded your response a little different.
But you did say what was on your mind and again I give you props. Maybe I should say what is on my mind :)

SuzanneS
04-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Maybe I should say what is on my mind :)

Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but I think you have that covered...:):):)

Suzanne

tricia_uktv
04-05-2009, 04:05 AM
It gets easier with practice. I can now do the lot in 45 minutes. The iomportant thing for me is to get out there and quickly. It helps to prepare beforehand however so you know what you are going to wear and what make-up to use.

Leslie Mary S
04-05-2009, 10:59 AM
I think I take about 45 min to get ready. If going clubbing maybe 1.25 hours.
I am lucky in that daughter (Dark AnGGel) helps me make sure that I am fashion look make up look correct. She is still working on my female presentations. Maybe soon she will show me how to drop another 10 years. I do have to loss 30 pounds and the look out here I come. (grin) If I could only loose about 60 pounds. I would love to see the minus side of 180 again (230 lb now).