PDA

View Full Version : An Odd Advantage to being dressed

Phyliss
04-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Maybe some remember about a month or so ago I had posted a comment about carrying off attitude while being dressed somewhat.
Quick review, I had a problem with my cell phone company and went to correct it, while dressed in all female clothes, ( not a skirt or dress , but trousers, didn’t have on my wig or forms either, but everything I was wearing was girl ). Had the confidence to do what I had to do to make the situation right.

Lately my company sold out to “that” bigger company ( can you hear me now). I want nothing to do with them, and I went with somebody else.

Yesterday I get a bill for the “early termination fee” All wrong, they voided the initial contract and I wasn’t going to pay. Went to the local office this morning, with out any makeup on and was ready for a verbal fight. Mr. “no brain” had just opened up and couldn’t make any decision without a supervisor. Referred me to customer service and gave me the 800 number.

Oh great, just what I want, having to argue with somebody on the phone, (too easy to be put on hold and forgotten about). Went home and now having a bit of time to kill, before calling them, I got fully dressed.

Funny thing, being fully dressed and having to make that call was interesting. I know if I hadn’t been, I’d have been saying things that wouldn’t have made my case anywhere worth listening to. Being dressed somehow made me into a more rational person who demonstrated understanding of my position and showed that I was adamant about it. Rather than act like some sort of unreasonable fool.

Perhaps those who say that they are more in control of themselves when dressed, are correct. First time that happened to me.

BTW I won my case and don’t have to pay the fee. They waived it.

Emma England
04-04-2009, 09:57 AM
You are the same person regardless of how you are dressed.

What you said may have happened anyway.

JoAnne Wheeler
04-04-2009, 10:50 AM
I seem to be more sensitive when I'm dressed too

JoAnne Wheeler

Michelia
04-04-2009, 02:09 PM
I am proud of you for acting like a lady. I get continually amazed by the lack of civility in our society at large these days.

gennee
04-04-2009, 02:23 PM
I am proud of you for acting like a lady. I get continually amazed by the lack of civility in our society at large these days.

So do I.

Gennee

tricia_uktv
04-04-2009, 03:50 PM
I know exactly what you mean. As girls we have to fight for everything we want and that makes us stronger and more determined to get our own way. Its interesting, in my case if its boy versus girl, girl wins - all the time

CD Susan
04-04-2009, 04:13 PM
You are the same person reagrdless of how you are dressed.

I agree with this statement. I try to be polite and considerate of others all the time no matter what way I am dressed.

Phyliss
04-04-2009, 05:56 PM
I try to be polite and considerate of others all the time no matter what way I am dressed.

What you and Emma said, but the point I was making was that by being dressed, I approached the situation a bit differently. For all they knew, I could have been in my birthday suit.
It was just that I was a bit less inclined to call the person on the other end of the line a "stupid :lame: :censor: and begin to :swear: and verbally :bitchslap: her, which would hgave gotten me nowhere

Kristen Kelly
04-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Yes I am the same person no matter how I'm dressed but I do act differently, our envirorment has conditioned us to do so. How many times have you heard act like a man, or that wasn't very lady like, society has us programmed to act a certain way. I was taught the things as a child that I needed to be a man, thats what my parents expected of me. I have always said I had to retrain myself to be the person I wanted to be.

You are the same person reagrdless of how you are dressed.

Emma England
04-05-2009, 04:24 PM
No one has ever told me to act like a man (or a woman).

I am simply me.

Jilmac
04-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Hooray for you Phyllis. I wish I had been in girl mode about 12 years ago when I confronted a manager at the electronics chain where I had purchased a defective VCR. (I won't say the name of the store but it's name would be the exact opposite of "worst sell"). I was in male mode and testosterone took over and I became a complete jackass with the manager. Needless to say, I didn't get anywhere with the manager (who was also a jackass) or with customer service. I vowed to never do business with that chain again.