PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this happen

janelle
04-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Hello all, long time since posting here but I need to ask if I am alone with what just happened again.
Being on hormones we all know how our emotions go up & down, well, how about when everything else in your life goes to hell. Your SO has a time where she doesn't want to know you, your granddaughter gets in trouble for calling you grandma, your daughter won't talk about it so you can fix things at the granddaughters school(she is 5). Then you add that my daughter & son-in-law have split & things at work are almost as low as they can go.

What has again happened to me is its no time for Janelle,even living as such full time. Instead trying to fix or help with everyone elses troubles & before you know it I was so depressed again. I called my therapist & told her what was happening & that life suxed big time. Before she could say anything I told her I made appointments at the Salon for the day & if that did not work I would seek help at our local ER. She asked if I was sure & told her I believe it was cause all of me had been focused on everyone else & I only needed time for me. She said ok as long as I promised to go if I needed to, I did.

Well to end this, I had my time at the salon & I was a new woman. Refreshed, happy & again ready for anytime. I had a super day. So what I want to know is do any of you get so wrapped up with everything else that it brings you down like that or am I just an odd chic that is not in control of her emotions?

Well I hope to hear alot of answers & I do hope that the GG's here will even answer as I am sure they must go thru something close to the same thing at times. Take care ladies, your all wonderful.
Oh by the way, which one of you ordered 6 to 10 inches of snow for Wisconsin, & it better not be you my big Sister!

Hugs n Kisses,
Janelle

Phyliss
04-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Perhaps I'm speaking out of turn, and maybe I don't even belong on this section. I'm not at this time taking any hormones nor do I have any present plans of transitioning, but I do very well understand the feeling of doing everything for everybody else and forgetting about me. Between school for Grandson, kids sports, helping a neighbor and taking care of things at home to help out disabled wife, I get too wrapped up in other things and start to get upset at the smallest normally unimportant thing. I find myself wanting to bite the head off of small animals just because...

Times like that begin to get to me and nothing gets done right, nor am I pleasant to be around. This past week was one of those times. As it turned out, I had a "walk" for awareness this morning and now because of it, I feel so much better. Got to walk a mile in heels, in public.

Sometimes little things will take me back to being a decent person, and I can feel better about myself, thereby be more helpful to others.

Eileen
04-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Janelle glad the trip to the hair salon worked. It is realy fantastic what a difference geting ones hair done makes in the way we look at life. Hope all your problems become little ones or better yet disapear!

Eileen

janelle
04-04-2009, 05:58 PM
I thank you both because as I said just having some "me" time made the biggest diffence with everything going on. As aperson who has just about completed my transition there are still many hassles ahead. You add the rest of the family having issues & its easy to forget your own health & if we do not take care of ourselves, how can we take care of others. So I have learned sometime during the week take a shopping trip(don't have to buy----ya right) or get my nails done or whatever would be just for me.
Maybe you'll say the is selfish but I don't believe it is, it just your relaxing time.

Thanks again girls & if you ever need to vent I am here.

Hugs N Kisses,
Janelle