PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it!!!

Kendra08
04-04-2009, 11:38 PM
So I just got back home from my first night out. I sent a pic of me dressed to a friend and she called and asked if I wanted to go out and I surprisingly said yes. She already had dinner plans and invited me along, it was her another women I know and a their friend who was made aware I'd be there. They are all gay women and had no problem with me being dressed. So we go to a restaurant, there's a huge line and we wait for about 45 minutes to get a table, nerve wracking but I did it and it was great. After dinner we went to a local gay bar for a drink and we sat and talked and it was great. I saw a couple other girls at the bar but didn't have the nerve to go and say hi. The craziest part of the night though, the third woman I didn't think I knew, I graduated high school with her. So we caught up a little, its been 19 years since I saw her last and we were both a little surprised. It was a fantastic night and I'm so happy I made it out and can't wait to do it again. :)

SuzanneS
04-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Now that sounds like a good time, Kendra! Way to go, I almost wish I could have been there!

Suzanne

Karen564
04-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Congrats!!! So there you go, that wasn't so bad was it..:thumbsup:
So where did you go out to eat??

:hugs:

TJ Tresa
04-04-2009, 11:53 PM
sound great Kendra, wish I had the nerve to go out.

Kendra08
04-04-2009, 11:57 PM
I went to a Japanese place in Northampton MA, Osakas. The food is great and everyone was super friendly

Karen564
04-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Thanks,
Northampton has lots of great restaurants so I've been told, I've seen quite a few there in the city, but dont remember any of the names, but I know that's one city that we have no problem going to..no matter what.. yup lots of girls that like girls there..

tricia_uktv
04-05-2009, 03:51 AM
Yay!!! Go girl go. Betcha can't wait for the next time! If you see other girls just smile nicely at them. Leave any decisions up to them. Glad to see there are some out there though.

PennyLane2
04-05-2009, 04:40 AM
Kendra,
Well done,I am so pleased that everything went well for you.Its a delight to read about others like you who have achieved so much.
Love from Penny

Slip Affinity
04-05-2009, 05:54 AM
It sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Congrats on taking the step.

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Good for you, Kendra!

Sounds like an enjoyable and very successful first night out with the added bonus of catching up with an old acquaintance. Small world, huh? :)

Crysten
04-05-2009, 06:15 AM
Great night out - with a supporting cast!! Wonderful to have your first night out go so well.

Funny - I'm originally from Mass - and I've never been to Northampton. But I've been to Northampton UK lots of times.

:)

Crysten

grace@4
04-05-2009, 10:16 AM
So I just got back home from my first night out. I sent a pic of me dressed to a friend and she called and asked if I wanted to go out and I surprisingly said yes. She already had dinner plans and invited me along, it was her another women I know and a their friend who was made aware I'd be there. They are all gay women and had no problem with me being dressed. So we go to a restaurant, there's a huge line and we wait for about 45 minutes to get a table, nerve wracking but I did it and it was great. After dinner we went to a local gay bar for a drink and we sat and talked and it was great. I saw a couple other girls at the bar but didn't have the nerve to go and say hi. The craziest part of the night though, the third woman I didn't think I knew, I graduated high school with her. So we caught up a little, its been 19 years since I saw her last and we were both a little surprised. It was a fantastic night and I'm so happy I made it out and can't wait to do it again. :)

That was a clever idea l think am gonna do the same and send to my mate coz l have been CD for a long time but none of my mate know about it coz l do it only at home never been outside my house and am dying to do so one day

SweetCaroline
04-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Very cool. I'm out and about in the North Hampton/ Amherst area a lot and I can vouch that it's a VERY TG friendly community out there. I hope to make it out to NoHo soon again myself.

Congrats on your night out, and welcome to the other side. :)

Elizebeth
04-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Good for you sounds like it was a great night out.

Tomara
04-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi Kendra
I think it is great that you had a fun time out with your friends and hope you can do it again real soon.
Northampton is a great place to visit with lots of really good restaurants , shops , music , art and accepting people !
Tomara

Angie G
04-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Good for you Kendra Keep having fun with it hun.:hugs:
Angie

suzy
04-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Great going Kendra!!

I am proud of your big achievement.......now, plan on the next step..this is so exciting!!

Sherry-Stephanie
04-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Great for you girl...sounds liek the very best way to have one's first nite out....happy for you....

Teri Jean
04-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Kendra, you rock girl and hope you have many more outings with your friends. Keli

Billijo49504
04-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Fantastic!!! Keep it up...BJ

JoAnne Wheeler
04-07-2009, 02:27 PM
That was the way to really spend a first night out - old friends - new friends

an enjoyable relaxing evening of ACCEPTANCE - it doesn't get much better

that that

JoAnne Wheeler

Kelli Michelle
04-07-2009, 03:43 PM
I love hearing stories like yours. Congrats!! :clap::clap:Now it's shopping time. Hmmmmm:thinking:

Kendra08
04-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Thank you all so much. I know i couldn't have done this without the encouragement I found here. This is such a great place to be. You're all awesome and I owe you so much for what you gave me.
Kendra