PDA

View Full Version : Came Out To Friend and Neighbors

DarleneTN
07-21-2004, 02:35 PM
In the past two weeks I came out to a close personal friend a (gg)and my neighbors,a Lesbian couple. It has been a blessing to have someone to talk to and not feel ashamed about myself. I pray every morning to nurture and accept my femme side. Althoug I have not dressed all the way due to lack of $$$ It has been wonderful. When the time is right the world will meet Darlene for the first time. I have tried desperately to meet other T-girls here in Chattanooga but no luck yet.

Jocee
07-21-2004, 03:08 PM
Feels good to be able to talk about things to friends :)

A word of caution tho.....

I came out to a very close woman friend of mine..... basically it changed our relationship in a very negative way and over time we drifted apart.

Since then (like 10 years later) I've come to find that she has outed me to other friends over time (I'm sure in a non malicious, oh-did-you-know-he-is-a-transvestite kind of way)...... who talked to others... who talked to others.... and in this world of six degrees of separation it came back to me with a denial of an explicit career move that I really, really, really, really wanted, because "of some questions about your character and lifestyle choices"....

eleventhdr
07-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Yeah that's what makes this all so diffucult sometimes because some people never learn!.

Shy Charlotte
07-22-2004, 01:10 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that you weren't able to get that job because of loose lips. I had a similar experience, but it turned out for the best in the end.

I came out to my friend, who was shocked and apalled, but didn't say anything, but when he was starting to have feelings for a girl that I was trying to date, he began spouting all my little secrets, and this was at the top of the list. She confronted me about it, and I admitted that yes, I'm a crossdresser. And she was totally ok with that (in fact, turns her on from time to time). Saved me the ackward speech of having to tell her myself. But I have to admit Jocee, when my friend first spilled the beans, I was pretty upset (I think pissed is a better adjective).

I just hope it all turns out for the best for you also Jocee.

And Darlene, congrats on coming out and having a friendly receptive group of friends. It can feel liberating to finally get it out in the open.

Jennifer_Ph
07-22-2004, 05:13 AM
I remember the first time I talked to anyone about it face to face. It was my first makeover / transformation. I was so scared. But all the girls at The Dressing Room made it so easy. I went out on the town that night and it was such fun. The second makeover was when I was going to come out to friends and family, that was a great day too. It was funny - I'd go to people's houses and they'd recognize my truck but not who was driving it.

I hear ya Darlene - it is one of the biggest relief's in the whole world. I didn't lose one friend. Some said they'd prefer not to see Jennifer again, and I respect that. Others said it looked like fun!