PDA

View Full Version : When shopping for femme clothes

emmicd
06-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Just curious,

When shopping for femme clothes do you engage in conversation with other women on the line or with the sales clerk?

Has anyone ever commented on your selection of clothes?

Did you ever admit that the clothes are for you?

Also when shopping for femme clothes how are you usually dressed?

Also do you ever try on the clothes and how do you explain to an attendant in the dressing room?

What do you like to buy when your in the femme shopping mode?

Also do you tend to shop more for femme clothes or mens clothes?

Also after you buy all these beautiful clothes where do you put them?

Where do you like to shop?

Just like to know.

Emmi

JoAnnDallas
06-27-2005, 05:25 PM
I bought a PINK PJ set at VS and the sales lady said I had good taste.

Paula Rae
06-27-2005, 07:25 PM
When shopping:
Yes I do engage in conversation with the other women and the sales clerks too.
Yes someone commented on my selection, said: excellent choice.
Yes I do admit that the clothes are for me.
When shopping I'm in drag or ½ drag.
I never try anything on until I'm home, if it don't fit, I donate it.
I buy anything that catch's my eye, and I'm always in femme shopping mode.
Definitely femme clothing, my mens attire comes from BD presents etc.
I have a full closet and a large chest of drawers to store my treasures.
I prefer shopping in large department stores.
Now you know how good some of us unattached single CrossDressers have it!

Ricki B

Julie
06-27-2005, 07:35 PM
When shopping for femme clothes do you engage in conversation with other women on the line or with the sales clerk?
With other women in line? No. With the person at the register? Sometimes.

Yes. I have had the girls at the register compliment my selections or how a top and skirt work well together.

I've never been asked. Don't ask, don't tell.

Always in guy mode.

Also do you ever try on the clothes and how do you explain to an attendant in the dressing room?
No. I try them on at home and take them back if they don't fit or I don't like the look. So far I've been pretty lucky and have only taken a couple of items back.

Clothes and shoes mostly. I rarely buy underwear, lingerie or pajamas. I usually get them online. I like the selection online better.

I'd say about 80 - 90% of the clothes I have bought in the last year are girl clothes.

Hanging up in the closet (see below). I take pretty good care of my girl stuff.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/mycloset.jpg

Mostly at TJ Maxx and Marshal's. The prices are too tough to pass up. I can get three to four times as many things there than at regular stores.

Just like to know.
Now you know :D

Billi49504
06-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Yes I talk to the women, one of them is my wife. I also make sure they know I'm shopping for me. Hold it up, and ask the wife what she thinks.
I usually am dressed in jeans and t shirt, if your half awake, you could tell I have a bra on. Not trying to hide it.
Which do I have more of, hmm, I have 2 drawers of bras and panties, and 2 pair of mens undies. 2 pairs of Walmart jeans and 6 pairs of LB stretch jeans. Plus I can barrow from the wife.
Maybe being unattached is great, but it's just as great having someone to share the fun of crossdressing. My wife is my best friend, as well as my partner, and we love to shop....Bili

liz lesbow
06-27-2005, 07:53 PM
I am so new that I have only shopped by myself a few times. I always go in drab. The first was for a skirt at goodwill (see new thread) there the girl at the counter was extra nice to me. I got 4 items for $10.00

The second was for nu-form bra (silicon breast enhancer). I picked up the box handed it to the male clerk and asked him if it was a size C. He said it was and I paid for it. He did not even blink. I am feeling more and more comfortable each time I go out to shop.

Robertacd
06-27-2005, 08:02 PM

Sure if they start the conversation. I don't push my self on them or say "Look at me, a guy buying woman's clothes. You know what that means?".

A clerk at Mervyn's commented on a couple blouses I got off the clearence rack as she folded them. One she said was just sooo cute with the way sleeves tie, and the other a ruffly bell sleaved blouse she said I that I should look great in the style and its deffanantly my color.

Sure if they ask. Why not?

In drab.

Yes. I don't explain and have never been asked to explain either.

Clothes, makeup, anything anyone else would buy.

More femme clothes because there is more varity so more shopping oppritunites.

In my closet right next to my guy clothes

Goodwill, E-bay, Lane Bryant, Ross, TJ-Maxx, Mervyn's, Fred Meyer, Target, K-Mart, I could go on and on...

suzym4u
06-27-2005, 08:16 PM
A few years ago I started tanning at a boutique that, well, sold women's clothing and was also a full service nail and tanning salon. On my first few visits I only used the tanning booths, eventually I purchased a couple of cute sundresses and sandals.

I'm guessing the ladies that worked their had all of their doubts about me removed when I came in to get a full french manicure a few weeks later. It was pretty nice, the nail tech was even kind enough to notice and comment about my legs and how nice they were.

After that, they treated me like one of the girls. Unfortunately I've since moved and haven't found another place that nice.

Maria2004
06-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Was getting ready to respond to this thread when RobertaCD put down all my answers for me:thumbsup: The only diff is I shop less for dresses since I'm sewing more, the only thing I'm ordering off of e-bay anymore are hard to find and vintage dress patterns that suit my tastes. I still shop for and buy shoes tho, haven't figured out how to make those yet :)

Sophia Rearen
06-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Just curious,

Sometimes.

Lots of times.

All the time.

Drab Exterior. Frilly Interior.

I use the dressing rooms. It's part of the experience. I've had an attendant tell me I can't try the clothes on. I told her I needed an new outfit. I won.
Another attendant helps me by finding sales items and offering tips, she is great. I asked her if she minded helping a guy with dresses she said she did'nt care. Guess where I'm shopping this week?

Everything.

I hate buying drab.

Next to the guys. Running out of space, though.

Discount clothes and DSW shoe warehouse. Specialty shops for lingerie lotions and fragrances.

Sindy
06-27-2005, 10:47 PM

Sometimes, with the clerk. When they start to give me a look that makes me feel uncomfortable, I tell them that I was there eailer and my girlfriend was looking at these, so I'm going to surprise her with them.

Yes, Usually the clerk will look at what I buy and comment that they wish their boyfriend did this for them.

Never.

Always in drab, usually in something that is not memorable.

Never.

Skirts, Blouses, would like to get more dresses, shoes and hosiery.

Definitly have bought more fem clothes in the last year than mens.

In the closet next to my guy clothes.

J.C. Penny's, Target, Wal-Mart.

Sigrid
06-27-2005, 11:25 PM
Occasionlly chat with the sales clerks.

Yes. Whether or not they new it was for me, I don't know

Yes, if they happen to ask. It's also kind of obvious when I ask to use the dressing room to try on a skirt.

I always shop in drab.

I don't try to explain... If there are separate fitting rooms for men and women, I'll ask if I can take these items over to the mens dressing room. If the same fitting rooms are intended for both men and women (e.g. Old Navy), I just show them the items and they lead me to an empty room. If it's a small women's boutique and it's pretty busy, I'll just leave and come back later.

EVERYTHING!!!

Lately I buy about 10 times as many women's clothes as mens.

In the closet (if not on me)

Department stores and boutiques mostly... and vintage shops.

emmicd
06-28-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm too shy to talk to the women on the line when I shop for my femme clothes.

I do get compliments on my choice of dresses and skirts. The women at the register say I have good taste.

I would like to be honest and say i'm buying for myself just out of curiosity to see the sales girl's reaction.

I usually wear femme jeans and guys shirt when I shop in the womens/juniors department.

I only try on women's trousers in the dressing room but will carry blouses in with me and once brought a dress in too. Did not try the dress on but I knew it would fit me.

I love to buy dresses, skirts, blouses, swimsuits and lingerie.

On occasion when standing in line with an arm full of womens clothes I've heard a couple of comments from women like "More than a women" and "It's all about the clothes"

I guess they are trying to tell me something. Most women seem understanding though. After all they can see I'm wearing ladies jeans clearly.

Emmi

Brianne
06-29-2005, 06:53 AM
Occasionlly with the sales clerks.

Yes. Once when picking out matching bra and panties the sales girl said they would look cute on me. I was lost for words and didn't say anything, of course later I wished I had just to see if it was a sales pitch or she was interested in crossdressers.

Yes, I always ask a clerk if I find something I like can I try it on.

I always shop in drab or a drab look with womens jeans,tee,jewlery,light makeup and perfume and panties of course.

In large department stores I take my items to the mens dressing room. In a womens store I always ask first if I can try things on. Recently I tried on a black sheer blouse at Lane Bryant and in another store I tried on side zip pants. Old Navy is great, you can bring in anything you like they just give you a ticket for the number of items you have, I bought women jeans there last trip.

EVERYTHING!!!

I deplore shopping for mens clothes but can spend hours shopping for anything feminine.

In the closet, my wife gives me space on her side for the more feminine stuff and on my side for the rest.

Department stores and boutiques mostly.

Wendy me
06-29-2005, 07:28 AM

yes most of the time i do, but i am just a chatty person......

yes like that cute or who's the lucky girl??

yes more than once ..and if you ever did look at there face when you say yes. thats worth telling some of them...

most of the time in drab but always under dressed

the last time was at wallmart with some jeans the lady said theise are womans... i said i know... she tryed to derict me to the mens jeans but i told her this is what i am looking for thankyou...

ok i knew there was a trick question , see eather in fem or in drab when i am shopping i am in fem mode...most of my shopping 99.9% is for wendy....

well i bought "him" a pair of gloves last year .....so i would say more for my fem side

ok i have a office in my home and it has a huge walk in closet...then things for off season in large storage bins with seald tops on them

can i just make a list of were i don't shop it would be easyer.....and it would be the men's deparment....i shop anywere

Just like to know.

anything else????? that was fun

Mitzi
06-29-2005, 11:51 PM
Only to complain about how slow the line is moving...:rolleyes:

Lady clerks often complement selections.

En drab, just once, which led to a fun experience.

Usually drab, but occasionally en femme. When en femme, I really don't intend to shop, just mingle and look, but if something catches my eye, gotta try it on...

En drab, only at Ross in San Francisco, in men's dressing rooms. Attendants look a bit surprised, but no bigggie. No problem en femme.

Dresses, shoes.

Definitely femme. Drab, only what's needed...femme whatever is wanted., and of course, wants exceed needs.:)

In a locker at a TG boutique. Used to keep some hidden around the house and the rest in a rented storage locker.

Definitely Ross, also clearance racks at Macy's, Penneys...Mervyn's for shoes.

gender_blender
06-30-2005, 03:10 AM
Sometimes.

Anyone, as in friends? They enjoy my selection. Shoppers tend to generally keep to themselves.

Of course; it's wrong to lie.

Depends: if I'm browsing, usually male, but if I have the intention of trying something on, I'm dressed as a female (my favorite stores only allow females in the dressing rooms).

If they have to unlock the dressing room, I just ask if I may try something on, otherwise I go right in without hiding that which I intend to wear.

I enjoy purchasing black or pink tight clothing and accessories.

Either male or female, depending on my gender that day.

I have a massive closet at my parents' house filled with most of my prom dresses (like 26) and much of my unneeded feminine clothing and I have a huge closet in my apartment and a small chest of drawers both of which are mostly occupied by feminine clothing.

I shop mostly at Deb, but I have been known to purchase things at Wet Seal, Sears, Kmart, Walmart, Hot Topic, and various other places a girl my age might find herself shopping.

Charlie

emmicd
07-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Just wanted to finish answering the rest of the questions.

Since I've been buying so many femme clothes I'm running out of closet space. You know what that means. I'll have to come out of the closet!

I also have my femme clothes in the trunk of my car.

I'm shopping for femme clothes almost exclusively now.

I like shopping in most stores. I usually shop at Macys, JC Penny, Target, Wal Mart, Sears, Victoria's Secret, Kohl's and Mandy's.

Emmi

Wendy me
07-03-2005, 08:23 AM
Just wanted to finish answering the rest of the questions.

Since I've been buying so many femme clothes I'm running out of closet space. You know what that means. I'll have to come out of the closet!

I also have my femme clothes in the trunk of my car.

Emmi

girlfreind get them out of there just think what can happen ...if you have a accedent or the car is ever stolen just think of what could happen to them poor helpless things.....think of what could happen.....be safe not sorry.....

Elinor
07-03-2005, 12:13 PM
The first time I bought a skirt in person[something I have done only twice] the salesgirl looked suprised. I had to wait for the credit card to go through and as we waited we chatted about trying to find the right skirt size ect
I could hardly belive that I was standing talking to a woman in a shop about finding the right skirt size but I did. Also the skirt rack was at the window so I had to go thru the skirts holding them agin my waist by the window. I could care less.
But it had taken me around six days to pick up the courage to go in and pick a skirt. The sky did not fall in nobody laught.
It was indeed a giant step for Elinor. :D

The second time was near where I live. There was a queue I had to wait then I was asked if I wished the hanger "No" I blurted "Yes" I said stammered.
And the guy explained the skirt would keep its shape I I hung it up.

IF I HUNG IT UP? WHAT DID HE KNOW? DID HE KNOW? WAS I JUST PARANIOID? What the hell I bought MY SKIRT in person for the second time big deal. :thumbsup: