PDA

View Full Version : A Little Farther Out

Donna Marie
04-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Yesterday I did my nails after church, forgetting that I had to go grocery shopping today. Or did I forget? Anyway, I wasn't about to strip the polish again after two coats. So off I went to the supermarket this morning. I purposely went early (8AM) to avoid the crowd. The market was pretty empty except for stockmen - there were a lot of them. And I know I was clocked by darn near every one, but I just kept to my business. I wore my jeans outfit again. I have probably only seen two women in skirts EVER at the market. But I wore a pair of Hush Puppies flats that make as nice a clicking sound on the hard floor as any high heels, and it was wonderful. I used the self-checkout, but there is a checker there to take your credit card signature and help if there are any problems. I recognized her. She is not very pleasant and she gave me "the look." But, heck, I got the job done and nobody bothered me. And darn it, it was FUN! So I seem to be pushing the envelope a little more each day and it is good.

Karren H
04-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Awesome!!! And don't be afraid to wear a skirt out!! I actually think it makes you more passable even if you stand out in the crowd because in most peoples minds only women wear skirts and dresses.. So your automatically kicked into the "woman" catagory and then you just have to try to not get kicked out of that column!! Lol

Leanne2
04-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Hi Donna,
Isn't it fun to push the envelope? Can you be more specific about your "jeans outfit?" I must have missed an earlier post of yours. I assume that you were trying to look like a woman. I get ma'amed often even when I'm not trying not to look fem. Right now I need to schedule an appointment because my hair is getting too big for me to look like a guy. I really had to plaster it down for church yesterday.
How big is your town? Mine is only 16,000 so I have to be really careful. Too many people know me around here. Have a great day, Leanne

Denise01
04-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Yes dont be afraid to wear a skirt out, and a Denim one goes well.

When i was on Vacation, I wore a skirt most of the time when i was out for dinner or shopping and as Karen said, that automatically puts you in the class with the ladies, as it is the ladies that wear skirts and dresses

Denise

:):):):)

JoAnne Wheeler
04-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Wonderful - I am so proud of your courage and determination

JoAnne Wheeler

Angie G
04-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Good for you Donna you did good hun.:hugs:
Angie

Donna Marie
04-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks, ladies. Your encouragement is wonderful. Leanne, my town is probably about the size of yours, but the county is about 100,000 and we are spread out all over the county. But yeah, there is risk of running into people you know here. I am slowly getting to the point where it is just OK to be who I am, regardless. I confess I am still a bit edgy about it, but I am working on it. And as to my outfit - I posted a pic in the Pictures Gallery on 4/04/09 called "Outing."

Ujean1998
04-06-2009, 09:56 AM
From a meow to a rwar! Good job Donna! Just remember that credit card of yours becomes a lethal weapon when not shopping for groceries. In any case congrats on the outing you had! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: UP!