PDA

View Full Version : Interesting conversation with wife

Kelli Michelle
04-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Just a little background for those that haven't read all my posts. My wife has know about my "proclivites" from the get-go. But I never went out dressed, just a small bit around the house, underdressed. She never saw it, nor did we talk about it. At some point (several years later), we were seperated (her and children) for 1 1/2 yrs, while I moved back to the US. I visited a couple of times, and in most ways still got along. During this time apart, I started going out dressed with some new friends. I didn't tell her because it's not something you discuss over the phone. When I had a decent job and we got the money together to move our stuff, they moved back. Within about 2-3 weeks, I told her he situation. It was bad, almost ended the marriage. It became, " I hate it...I don't want to know anything about it...etc" type thing. We came to an agreement that I was "allowed" to go out 2 times a month, unless there were special things going on.

Anyway, we have had a few talks about stuff. She would ask the usual, "are you gay...do you want to live as a woman now, or in the future..."

Yesterday, we had another talk. I told her how I felt about all the snide comments, looks, nastiness, etc. that she passed on to me. I told her, and repeated several times, that I didin't know, completely, who I was, but it was driving me crazy that I didn't know what I was, or where I wanted to go with it. I told her I was empathetic with how she was feeling, and that it must be hard for her. She asked lots more "new" questions. This went on for an hour. It was somewhat unpleasant, as she was vry pressing and sorta...well just difficult.

We paused for a second, then out the blue, she says, "You know, I am going to be more empathetic towards you. I still hate what you do, and don't want you to do it (at all), and I am definitely NOT going to be an enabler, but....I could be nicer..." I told her I really appreciated that, and I understood this was no "endorsement" of what I am doing.

Later, we spoke again, I re-iterated, that I don't know how to do it, but that I needed to find out sooner rather than later, where I wanted to go with my cding activity. She asked if I was TS, and I said, probably not, but I am not through discovering that aspect yet. I told her that I still needed to try some things (nothing that would be a violation of our vows), to check that out. She asked, " If you do more, won't you want more?" I said maybe, but that I would at least find out where it leads. If I reach a point where I am uncomfortable, than that would be the sign that I had gone as far as I would want. I asked her (again), "wouldn't you rather I find this out now, than wait another 22 yrs. down the road..." She agreed. I don't know how this will translate, but at least we sorta agree we BOTH need to find out. This is all I could wish for.

Sheila
04-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Kelli, :hugs: for both you and your wife, I hope the talk you have both had is the beginning of an easier road for the two of you.

Could you let her know that there is a GG section here that would enable her to talk to other GG's who have been where you have been and that we do understand both your concerns. Re assure her that we do not do brain washing into acceptance, but it's like a gathering of friends all with differing vews discussing issues ranging from the obvios cding ones to what the mulkman said yeaterday when he was delivering the milk :D

Again :hugs: to you both

Di
04-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Great thing you both talking and she sees it more clearly :hugs:
If it comes down to she wants other GG's to talk to maybe in the future...tell her about us she will see she isn't alone and will understand it can work. Best Wishes to you both:hugs:

JoAnne Wheeler
04-06-2009, 10:33 AM
I think you two did the right thing - Communication is the Key - I hope you

find out where you are going soon - for both you and your family

JoAnne wheeler

Kelli Michelle
04-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Kelli, :hugs: for both you and your wife, I hope the talk you have both had is the beginning of an easier road for the two of you.

Could you let her know that there is a GG section here that would enable her to talk to other GG's who have been where you have been and that we do understand both your concerns. Re assure her that we do not do brain washing into acceptance, but it's like a gathering of friends all with differing vews discussing issues ranging from the obvios cding ones to what the mulkman said yeaterday when he was delivering the milk :D

Again :hugs: to you both

Thanks, and I will tell her, again. She has had no interest so far, but...we'll see.

Btw, i still am confused (we came to no definite agreement or even discussed it) as to what my "searching" will entail. I guess it will be on a case by case basis.

Shari
04-07-2009, 05:47 AM
"If you do more, won't you want more?"

Your wife has you figured out and whether you realize it or not, that question has drawn a line in the sand.

If you want to stay married, it's time to pay attention. Stay the course, and you'll no longer be a couple.

Do you want her, or more from the other side?

deja true
04-07-2009, 06:09 AM

Your wife has you figured out and whether you realize it or not, that question has drawn a line in the sand.

If you want to stay married, it's time to pay attention. Stay the course, and you'll no longer be a couple.

Shari makes an interesting point here...and I kind of agree with her. But not totally.

It's true that for many of us the more we do, the more we want.

But I think it may also be true that some want to do more because it's a pleasant experience, makes us happy. And that happiness and pleasure is something that we are just not getting from our present relationship.

If all was copacetic with the wife, and she truly was empathetic and supportive, would you indeed want to do more?

:strugglin

Karren H
04-07-2009, 06:38 AM
That's good that your comunicating but I'm still unclear why you didn't tell her about the "situation" before you moved back together instead of 2 weeks after...

TSchapes
04-07-2009, 06:50 AM
that is what we are talking about. And yes, this is not an easy process. I'm so glad that the two of you are talking and, like you say, better now than latter.

Best of wishes to the two of you.

-Tracy

Kelli Michelle
04-07-2009, 10:28 AM

Hmmm, figured me out? Hardly, as I haven't done that myself yet. This is not about me wanting more, exactly, more like trying to decide what I am. Yes, it is a line a drawn in the sand, by her; fulfilling what I might be vs. keeping the marriage going. That's not an easy choice to make for her or me. I don't want to keep going just because I like it (which I do). I am genuinely wanting to know if who and what I am. I'll never know (well it might take yrs.) if I continue to experience it in drips and drabs. Like I said, we haven't decided in what way I will explore this side. It might end up being not changed all that much.

Kelli Michelle
04-07-2009, 10:38 AM
That's good that your comunicating but I'm still unclear why you didn't tell her about the "situation" before you moved back together instead of 2 weeks after...

Well, when I started going out dressed, we were living apart (she and kids in another country) while I was trying to get a reasonable job. I had visited them for the 2nd time. When I got back I met up with some people and THEN started going out cding. I felt guilty of course. But, they were due to move back within the next few months. I did not want to discuss this by phone. As I have said, it's not the kind of thing most people would do, certainly not me. If she had been here, I would (I hope) have told her when I did it.

When they moved back, we were living with my parents, so it was complicated. Also I didn't want to just spring it on her the first night, " Hi honey, I missed you. By the way I am going out dressed now..." So I waited until a night, where the kids were in bed, my mom and dad had gone ot bed early, and we had the night to ourselves. Honestly I don't know if it was 2 or 3 weeks, but I felt I told her as soon as I could. In the scheme of things, I think that's a very short time to wait. She actually had no problem with me waiting that amount of time. She said she was glad I didn't spring it on her immediately, and said she agreed it was not the kind of thing to discuss over the phone. I hope this explains things a little better.