PDA

View Full Version : trying something new

jo_ann
06-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Ok, been reading a bunch on here, and decided to make a few changes. I'm so sick of my body hair, yet I don't want to shave because I don't want people to say something, so I took my handy "barber shaver" and trimmed all my arm hair down to like 1/4" (actually looks better, I was like sasquatch before), and my legs and chest.. I'm reluctant to shave my chest down to skin because my wife loves my chest hair so much (girls like rough because it's opposite of their smooth skin, always want what you don't have syndrome). My body feels cooler too (wife just shaved my head to 1/4" this weekend because I got sick of my long hair). Plus I decided to play around with outfits. decided to wear just a bra (no shirt) under a lacey top, and it didn't look too bad considering I don't have the greatest body (granted I don't go out, I'm just sitting in my house). guess I just wanna thank this forum yet again for the tips and encouragement. I guess this is my start of testing the waters to see if anyone notices thing.

Priscilla1018
06-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Jo Ann,

Thats what we are here for.

Julie
06-27-2005, 08:32 PM
My ex was a big lover of body hair too. When I shaved last year that didn't matter because I had shaved several times before but always let it grow back. I guess I never expected to keep it that way. Since then I've been out countless times in shorts or shirtless and haven't heard a word or seen a strange look. I was self conscious at first but now it's normal to me. I've become so used to it I'd hate having to let it grow back now.

DonnaT
06-28-2005, 08:27 AM
I'm not really sure how much my wife likes the body hair, but I do know she hates the prickly regrowth.

Olivia
06-28-2005, 10:17 AM
jo ann, I was like you, A "sasquach". Over the years, I really came to hate that hair. Last year I made a pivotal decision too. I started shaving all of it off. Chest, back, legs; I did leave my lower arms alone for awhile. My wife said it took some getting used to and even now says that she sometimes misses the old, "hairy" me. How could she?!! I sure don't! Now, I can go without a shirt without the embarrasment of looking like Bigfoot. I have gotten a real nice, all-over tan for the first time since I was a kid (52 now) and I gotta say that the whole experience has been a delightful one. Of course, the downside is the constant shaving and the expense of doing that. But it is a ritual that I've come to embrace because the results mean so much to me.
Now, about those lower arms. I recently bought a barber's style hair clipper. That's the ticket! I can adjust it to cut my arm hair at about 1/8" or a lil more; it isn't shaved nor as noticiable as that would be, but one can barely see it. The hair clipper is also handy for touching up haircuts; I too keep my balding head trimmed in a very short buzz-cut so my wig amd "do-rags" fits better too. The hair clipper also helps a lot when my wife does the center of my back where I just can't reach.
Bottom line to me? Shave it off, cut it, whatever YOU want. To hell what other people say about it. I've been wearing "Daisy Dukes" cutoffs all month and no one in my small town(6000) has said a word to me. Go for it jo ann! Olivia

Gemma
06-28-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm not really that hairy, but my wife actually does'nt like bodyhair and much prefers me to be as smooth as her, the only place I have hair nowadays is on top of my head and that does'nt seem to be holding out very well these days, just as well with this heat we are having.

Jenny Beth
06-28-2005, 10:55 AM
I've been hair free except for my arms for close to two years now. My wife does prefer me this way but says I'm as white as a ghost.

carolbitv
06-28-2005, 11:44 AM
hello, i have shaved my body smooth for over 25yrs. i wouldn't have it any other way. Carol

Pip
06-28-2005, 05:15 PM
My wife said ok to the legs and armpits, but no way on the chest hair. Even though it's a small little patch, she likes it!

OK, compromise is good!

Pip