PDA

View Full Version : shopping at goodwill

liz lesbow
06-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Well I am brand new to this and brand new to cross dressing with the exception of primarily wearing bras and lipstick when my wife is gone. But that is that another story. The real reason for this thread is that I went to Goodwill last Wednesday (in drab as you call it) and went looking for a skirt. Well there I was in blue jeans and a black Alaska road kill restaurant t-shirt. Yep my manly man dress code. I felt good. I went to the “big girls” area and found a wonderful shirt (kind of like shorts) and a absolutely fantastic blouse (size 20). Well to make a long story short the counter girl was super. She took my order and then took a minute to tell me that they have a half off special every Wednesdays and Saturday. She was wonderful , I think they enjoyed my openness in picking out clothes as it took me a half an hour to decide what I wanted. I am not sure it they were getting off on my shopping but I think not. I also think that they were accepting and non-judgmental of me. Why because I was totally open In my shopping. I went in and went to the blouses and just started looking for what I wanted. Yes I think two women shoppers came up and saw me and left (to let me have my privacy) but that was their problem. I almost said to them that it was hard to find the right size but refrained. ( I regret that now as it would have helped them relax and shop) Well I guess I am asking if any one else has had a similar experience. The reason I was shopping for a skirt can be found in my new member profile as soon as I can write it up.

Robertacd
06-27-2005, 07:38 PM
The Goodwill is my favorite store. :)

Besides clothes like a very new looking pair of Venezia stretch jeans in my hard to find size (22-tall) for $6, last week I got a Rino GPS still in the box for $10

It is truly amazing what some people throw away. :eek:

Deidra Cowen
06-27-2005, 07:58 PM
I love thrift stores too! Great place to get stuff for cheap...can use the dressing rooms and have no pushy sales people that come up and force me to talk. I almost pass when en femme...but talking ruins the game! :eek:

Milla
06-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Thats halarious ,Ive been brousing one of the near by good wills > Im prob going on a shoping spee this weekend .

Mitzi
06-27-2005, 09:17 PM
I've bought a few wedding gowns at thrifts, usually in guy mode. As I was browsing through some gowns once (in guy mode), a lady nearby remarked "getting married?" with a big grin. Gulp, blush.. :o

A couple of years ago, my wife made me get rid of my girl stuff, so I dropped them off at a local thrift. A few days later I decided to go back and buy back some of it. Most of the good stuff was gone, and what was still there was priced higher than I'd paid originally on ebay. To add insult to injury, I later recognized a couple of my shoes being auctioned on ebay... :rolleyes:

Mitzi

Tristen Cox
06-27-2005, 09:32 PM
There's just one thing I will not do after all those years of wearing someone else's clothes and that's wear someone else's clothes. Sorry just the way I am, new for me thanks.

Cissy Suzie
06-27-2005, 10:18 PM
I do buy from a consignment shop near my office, the lady that owns it enjoys helping me find things that work for Suzie. Her things are all upscale, new or drycleaned gently worn things.

I have shopped Goodwill and Salvation Army stores years ago, but every thing smells rather musty or something?

uknowhoo
06-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Maybe it's becuz I live in a rather affluent area, but most of the stuff @ local Goodwill/other thrift shops is really nice stuff. There my fave places 2 shop - no feeling guilty about the $$s. There is a thrift store which I don't patronize, as it's kinda seedy. Oh well, what's a girl to do?

Sherlyn
06-27-2005, 11:21 PM
...if it wasn't for Goodwill i would be naked ...lol my whole closet is from there ...a couple of items from value village to .... but goodwill rocks I have even found new skirts and tops there ..still tagged

Ozlinda
06-28-2005, 03:16 AM
The goodwill near me has alot of new stuff that shops donate so they don't have old stock hanging round. My daughter (8) does very well. I had to get an overcoat to travel to Detroit in January (how cold is that place in Jan?????) and picked up a nice lined one there for $20. That said, the shop does smell a bit like old clothes. Still, I like the place and it gets very busy. Must live in a needy suberb! Superb!! :)

Khriss
06-28-2005, 03:35 AM
I drove the donations truck for a local charity, and was allowed to take anything I wanted from "discard" piles whenever I wanted,, and You won't believe what gets thrown OUT!? ,,, I'm more like Tristen now but back then- it only cost Me dry-cleaning(and they don't care what You bring in)- and I came by some of my most expensive -classic- gear ,I retain till now -from then..... luv-n-hugs-"K"

Mistress Frillee
06-28-2005, 12:03 PM
I LOVE Value village. I purchased their calender this year, which has a discount coupon for each month. This is on top of their quartley 50% off sale! They have 3 locations in my city. I try & visit at least 1 every month.....more in the summer........finding high ticket items for next to nothing is so much fun. From time to time I pick up steals on mens & womens clothes. Mostly womens.

Jesse69
06-28-2005, 12:11 PM
I shop thrift stores only for womens clothes. Everything mens clothes I buy brand new. I like wearing used womens clothes, but of course I never buy used panties or bras. I get great deals at Villlage, Salvation Army, and Goodwill. Fantastic suits for $7, brand new skirts for $2, etc...

Robertacd
06-28-2005, 07:48 PM
II like wearing used womens clothes, but of course I never buy used panties or bras.

I can understand used panties, but what wrong with wearing a used bra?

paulaN
06-28-2005, 08:03 PM
good will is my fav. if it does not fit right your not out much.

Akyra
06-28-2005, 09:19 PM
good will is my fav. if it does not fit right your not out much.
paula i luv ya but......

i knowz it stfu akyra......... :rolleyes:

jjjjohanne
06-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Goodwill, and thrift stores in general feel like safe places to shop to me. I always feel happy when I buy something like a shirt or shorts that could be men's or women's and my receipt says "women's." I don't have nor need an impressive expensive wardrobe. I am just trying to get some clothes that fit!

Joe

Jadeanne
06-29-2005, 10:16 PM
I buy lots of my things (not panties) from thrift stores.

Last week, we found a couple of things that were brand new with store tags, including a lace trimmed turquoise Lorraine nylon nightgown and a gold metallic top that even had the clear plastic sticker with the size on it.

Next year at one place I'll qualify for the senior discount - 25% on Mondays.

Jadeanne