PDA

View Full Version : Funny story - Is that a guy or a girl?

amy canada
04-07-2009, 12:16 AM
One of my friends was in a singing contest yesterday (Sunday evening) at an Irish bar and some of the contestants, my friend included, had costumes, including various wigs. Before the contest started, I see this bigger female-type person walking back and forth a few times through the bar who I thought could be a guy, since they had an obviously bad blonde wig, and their face looked like that of a man's face.

About half an hour later, the contest starts, and it's this person's turn to sing. Their name was Danielle, so it's a girl's name, but it still could be a guy named Daniel who is dressed up as a girl and singing as one too. Nope. She sang beautifully just like a regular girl, and she was supposed to be Christina Aguilera, thus the blonde wig. Later on, she sang a Cher song, this time, with a black wig, which was equally bad. I saw her in between songs without a wig and she looked pretty good.

Of course, at the end of the competition, while we were all waiting for the results to be tallied and announced, she started dancing with a really cute girl who was wearing a tank top, so that added to my confusion, but I'm just going to assume that Danielle was a real girl.

I guess the moral of the story is, even girls can look like unpassable MTF crossdressers, so you don't really have to look really pretty and young to be able to pass. Just fit in with the rest of the crowd.

Nicole Erin
04-07-2009, 12:25 AM
beauty and passability are not the same thing.
They do say that confidence has a lot to do with passing.

Karren H
04-07-2009, 06:22 AM
Lol... I've seen women like that many times and it always leave you wondering.. We have a couple women in our hockey league that are way more masculine than I am.. Hell...... than most of the guys in the league!

JoAnne Wheeler
04-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Remember - some GGs actually look worse than BFs and CDs - that is why we

all have hope that we could pass - remember, if you are overweight and you

want to look thin, hang out with some really overweight folks - and if you

want to look short, hang out with tall folks, etc.

Definition of a Buffet -> "Big Ugly Fat Folks Eating Together"

JoAnne Wheeler

kristinacd55
04-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Hmm, I wonder if she's on this site?? :)

amy canada
04-08-2009, 01:37 AM
Hmm, I wonder if she's on this site?? :)

I doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone in attendance at the contest (besides me) is a member here. It seemed like there was 200 people there, as the bar was filled to capacity. The competition was called Brampton Idol, and it was in Brampton, Ontario, at a bar called The Keltic Rock.

kimmy p
04-08-2009, 07:52 AM
One of my friends was in a singing contest yesterday (Sunday evening) at an Irish bar and some of the contestants, my friend included, had costumes, including various wigs. Before the contest started, I see this bigger female-type person walking back and forth a few times through the bar who I thought could be a guy, since they had an obviously bad blonde wig, and their face looked like that of a man's face.

About half an hour later, the contest starts, and it's this person's turn to sing. Their name was Danielle, so it's a girl's name, but it still could be a guy named Daniel who is dressed up as a girl and singing as one too. Nope. She sang beautifully just like a regular girl, and she was supposed to be Christina Aguilera, thus the blonde wig. Later on, she sang a Cher song, this time, with a black wig, which was equally bad. I saw her in between songs without a wig and she looked pretty good.

Of course, at the end of the competition, while we were all waiting for the results to be tallied and announced, she started dancing with a really cute girl who was wearing a tank top, so that added to my confusion, but I'm just going to assume that Danielle was a real girl.

I guess the moral of the story is, even girls can look like unpassable MTF crossdressers, so you don't really have to look really pretty and young to be able to pass. Just fit in with the rest of the crowd.

This story brings to mind two words.....Janet Reno. If she can pass for a woman, so can I.

TommiTN
04-08-2009, 09:15 AM
This story brings to mind two words.....Janet Reno. If she can pass for a woman, so can I.

:lol::lol::lol:

Deb The Brunette
04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Lol... I've seen women like that many times and it always leave you wondering.. We have a couple women in our hockey league that are way more masculine than I am.. Hell...... than most of the guys in the league!

I once had a confrontation with a guy and had the last word by saying.....

......."I was more of a guy than you'll ever be and more of a woman than you'll ever have"