PDA

View Full Version : Slightly embarrasing!

Ujean1998
04-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Think I am just gonna finally shave my legs and be done with it once and for all!

It has been getting warmer upnorth here in Michigan and I decided to get with the program and wear some shorts. Went to the store picked out acouple nice cargo style shorts and was wearing some of my older shorts that have been faded from to much sun and washing. Now just to let you know I am abit hairy when it comes to the legs and have wanted to shave them for so long now. While I was picking out my shorts some ladies happen to be on the other side of the isle looking at some spring fashion.

Now I have exceptional hearing and happen to hear one of them from a whisper to another one her girl friends say "Yuk! Now thats some hairy leg!" I kinda turned slowly around with my shorts in hand and responded "Stick around and you can help me braid it." At which point I walked off to some rather disgusted faces at my comment.

So now I am gonna shave it all off and just be done with it. Yes I am a gorilla when it comes to leg hair. Can thank my fathers genetics for that one.

kimmy p
04-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Excellent response!

happygirl
04-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Hair is a gone style, shave is in. Yea for us gals

Genifer Teal
04-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Excellent response!

I think an opportunity may have been missed. You could have asked them if they thought you should shave you legs. This could have led into a conversation about women's thoughts on men who shave. Maybe you can try that next time.

Gen

Kaz
04-07-2009, 06:15 PM
It's become very fashionable to be unhairy...

KarenS
04-07-2009, 06:18 PM
I think an opportunity may have been missed. You could have asked them if they thought you should shave you legs. This could have led into a conversation about women's thoughts on men who shave. Maybe you can try that next time.

Gen

I believe I hear UJean say there wouldn't be a next time. :D

SuzanneS
04-07-2009, 06:19 PM
That reminds me of a girl that I used to know, she'd brush her hair 100 strokes every night......and then she'd do the other leg!:D:D:D

Suzanne

O2B Barbara
04-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Go for it! I have been shaving from toes to upper thighs, hands, underarms, chest for some time and have had no negative comments. As it is I see men with hairy hands and am very glad that I do shave!

Ujean1998
04-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Thank you all for the confidence! I am surely going to shave the stuffs come this weekend when I have the time to do a bang up job and get it done right!

Tammy298
04-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Wish I could....
I don't even have the nerve to shave my legs in the winter much less now that it's getting into "short's season"!:sad:

chelle
04-07-2009, 07:45 PM
I've heard women teachers talking numerous times about how disgusting it is to see men with lots of hair on their chests, legs. I wanted to ask them what would they think about a man who kept his legs and chest shaved.

Ujean1998
04-07-2009, 07:49 PM
I know how it can be aggravating. People need to start keeping negative opinions to themselves. I won't go around just running my mouth off for no reason, but damn if I will let you insult me from not even 10 feet away. In that respect I have no remorse.

SuzanneS
04-07-2009, 07:51 PM
If any of you ever really knew me you'd say that I'd never in a million years shave anything but my face.....buuut, I gotta admit, last week I did shave my legs(all of both of them) for the first time ever, and I even trimmed up around the 'frank and beans':D Kinda neat to do, (and I have a new respect for GG's that do this all the time), and it does feel pretty neat....I don't know why, but it seems that me jeans actually feel and fit better. I don't know, just the way it seems!

Suzanne

Teri Jean
04-07-2009, 10:09 PM
I have shaved for a long time and it's time again, stubble. Before you do though, take a hair clippers to them to reduce the work the razor has to contend with and then lather up. You will like the cool feeling afterwards.

Keli

TJ Tresa
04-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Go for it, i don't think you will ever regret it. I have been shaving my underarms, legs and chest for two years almost three. I go with out a shirt on and wear shorts during the summer months. I have never gotten and commits one way or the other. However once you shave your legs and wear a paie of jeans, or hose; I don't think you will ever want to let it grow again.

Lori Robins
04-08-2009, 02:24 AM
Do it!! You will never look back. The look and feel of nice smooth legs is well worth the few negative comments you may get from people who don't matter anyway. I have been shaving/waxing /epilating for a couple of years now and love it!!!

Pattie O
04-08-2009, 02:30 AM
Ive been waxing my back,and upper legs;shave underarms and upper chest.Next is lower legs,have shaved them before but looking forward to waxing for winter.

Love the smooth feel under hosiery

Pattie:daydreaming:

Mirel
04-08-2009, 03:28 AM
Do it!! You will never look back. The look and feel of nice smooth legs is well worth the few negative comments you may get from people who don't matter anyway. I have been shaving/waxing /epilating for a couple of years now and love it!!!
I've just started shaving, but I agree. Haven't felt my skin this smooth in... well since shortly after puberty set in :D

It isn't warm enough up here for shorts yet, but I'll be prepared...

JoAnne Wheeler
04-08-2009, 07:46 AM
I'll match my hairy body against anyone, including Smokey the Bear - I wish

my Spouse would let me shave it off

JoAnne Wheeler

kimmy p
04-08-2009, 07:57 AM
As a massage therapist I can tell you that while hairy legs can be a pain hairy back are the worse! Just try massaging a wookie. With some men by the time I'm done working on them they have dreadlocks down their back. :puke::puke:

SouthernBelle.GG
04-08-2009, 08:05 AM
I know how it can be aggravating. People need to start keeping negative opinions to themselves. I won't go around just running my mouth off for no reason, but damn if I will let you insult me from not even 10 feet away. In that respect I have no remorse.

Exactly! People can have their opinions, but to insult someone is uncalled for.

jennifer easton
04-08-2009, 08:18 AM
For the first time shaver use some hair trimer's, and cut down the foliage first,then use some cream hair rinse, swave coconut, works and smells great and is cheap, a Venus razor, be careful they are sharp and go to, it you will love the feel, I guarantee!!! I usually shave in the shower, it helps if you have a drain screen, especially the first time! Jennifer

FeliciaCD
04-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Definitely do it, i shaved for the first time yesterday. At first i thought it felt pretty good, then i put on a pair of stockings and I was in heaven.

So glad were heading into winter down here

Greymancd
04-08-2009, 08:57 AM
I just shaved my legs for the first time last week. I just have to finish the upper thighs today. Yesterday I shaved my hands and my upper chest wow did not realize how long chest hair can be. Not sure about the chest but it is neat having my hands and legs done. I plan to go for a stroll out this evening just after dark.

JulieC
04-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Now I have exceptional hearing and happen to hear one of them from a whisper to another one her girl friends say "Yuk! Now thats some hairy leg!" I kinda turned slowly around with my shorts in hand and responded "Stick around and you can help me braid it." At which point I walked off to some rather disgusted faces at my comment

EXCELLENT response. And they can stick their disgusted faces back under the slimy rock they came from. If people don't want negativity cast their way, they should keep their negativity to themselves.

Just try massaging a wookie

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ujean1998
04-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Decided to get a jump on the weekend by shaving this morning........OMG! I never knew legs could be so sensitive! I took everyones advice the best I could. I ended up trimming first and made sure I also had moisturizer set off to the side! Took me about 45 mins to do both legs. After the shaving was completed I patted them dry and used the moisturizer.

One thing is that my leg hairs are very coarse and after I shaved I still see hair from the follicle under my skin! Is there any way to diminish all those tiny demons under my skin even farther?

Carly D.
04-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Decided to get a jump on the weekend by shaving this morning........OMG! I never knew legs could be so sensitive! I took everyones advice the best I could. I ended up trimming first and made sure I also had moisturizer set off to the side! Took me about 45 mins to do both legs. After the shaving was completed I patted them dry and used the moisturizer.

One thing is that my leg hairs are very coarse and after I shaved I still see hair from the follicle under my skin! Is there any way to diminish all those tiny demons under my skin even farther?

I have very hairy legs as well as head to toe (not so much top of head) beard area grows back quite quickly.. I shaved my chest and as far back as I could reach, kind of a right of spring type of thing only in February. what my point is shave your legs again and again and soon you will know how often you should shave your legs to acquire the look and feel that you are after.. and try different shavers, for the most part the ones for your face will work just as well for your legs (brand wise)..

Slip Affinity
04-09-2009, 09:58 AM
"Stick around and you can help me braid it."

Excellent off the cuff response.

So now I am gonna shave it all off and just be done with it.

Go for it. I too live in Michigan and have been shaving my legs ever since 1999. No one notices or has ever said anything and I love the feeling, especially with nylons. Look around and you'll notice a LOT of guys have hairless legs.

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-09-2009, 02:54 PM

I have trouble with thick leg hair as well. One thing that helps is using the right razor - I had to try a few different brands to find one that worked best for me. I also have to carefully shave repeatedly (as in multiple swipes in varying directions) in some places because of what I think you described. I have to pull the skin tight (to help the blade touch the skin more evenly) and go at it until it's smooth. Takes about a half hour or so just to shave my legs.

It was super sensitive at first, but in time, your legs should get used to it. You may try just using an electric razor in between bladed shaves to minimize the trauma to your skin.

And good for you for finally taking the plunge! :)

We going for the rest of the body next? :heehee:

Once I shaved my legs, it was only a matter of time before I had to keep shaving more. I LOVE being smooth! )

Chloe Renee
04-09-2009, 03:11 PM
a little time in the sun should darken the skin and lighten the hair. Now I am not endorsing tanning just being out side in general during the summer. I know more than a couple GG's who have the same problem with leg hair.

Karren H
04-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Da UP. Eha? and shaving all that hair off will help you see the black flys better!!! lol I hated it when the flew up my skirt!!!

Lorileah
04-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Cargo shorts? Oh! If you are going to shave your legs show them off! Get some short shorts :) Unless the cargo pocket is for the razor when you need a touch up :)

Ujean1998
04-09-2009, 05:31 PM
You all were not kidding when you said they will be super sensitive. I put my jeans on and just sensations I am not used to, something as simple as fabric running against them.

I have already been shaving my armpits for about 2 weeks and and not much chest hair so no problems keeping that up. Just my legs have always been a jungle so yea I am super happy I got rid of all my hair!

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-09-2009, 05:35 PM
You all were not kidding when you said they will be super sensitive. I put my jeans on and just sensations I am not used to, something as simple as fabric running against them.

When I first started shaving my legs, I hated the way my work pants felt against my skin. I wore tight-fitting sweat pants under my work pants to cushion the harsh feeling of my work pants. You might try something similar... assuming it's not too warm for that where you live now.

That super-sensitive feeling subsides after a while. Your skin will adjust, I'm sure. :)

Karren H
04-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Try wearing gauchos!! Like two skirts, one for each leg!! The feeling is amazing!! :)

Samantha43
04-09-2009, 05:59 PM
I have been shaving my legs in the Winter for 20+ years but always let them grow back in the Summer. Last Summer I had had enough. We go to the lake on weekends and I always put sunscreen on. Ever try to put sunscreen on a Wookie? After we got home I asked my wife if she was okay with me shaving everything. She admitted she didn't like my body hair!!!

I shaved my legs and chest and she did my back. My chest and back didn't look good, so we tried waxing....OUCH!!!!

Now I epilate my chest, she epilates my back and I shave my legs and arm pits.

I'll never go back now!!!

......And the sunscreen?.......It goes on very easily.......

CD Susan
04-09-2009, 06:43 PM
I say go for it Ujean. Having smooth legs is a great feeling. I have used Nair for men in the past with great success. It works well on long leg hair.