PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo Wedding Planner?

Cissy Suzie
06-27-2005, 09:32 PM
I have been gone for a few days. I attended a wedding, it was by far the best one I have ever been to, because I helped with planning everything about it! Yes it was for me like every girl's dream, and it was just perfect!

OK let's start at the beginning. About 8 1/2 years ago I happened to strike up a friendship with an AOL Host, she had opened a chat room that had to do with something I was interested in.

We chatted in IM's for weeks, then months, and became very good friends. I forget what we were talking about, but one day as we were chatting she said, "Well for God's sake how would I know about that? I'm only 15 years old after all!"

I signed off without replying, OMG! I was like 47 and talking to a kid who I thought was a grown woman! I could imagine the Sherriff at my door at any time!

She emailed me, several times saying, like I shouldn't be freaked out, she likes chatting with me, please reply, and so on. Finally I did reply and after yelling at her a bit we got back to chatting.

She was having problems at home, her dad didn't think she was doing well enough at school although she was an A student, she had self esteem problems, she wanted an adult friend who she could confide in and get ideas from.

OK, I am a softie, I had bad parental relationships and I saw a little sister who needed someone, so I continued chatting with her.

She lives like a thousand miles away and I thought I would never ever in a million years ever meet her or her family or anything like that.

To make a long story a bit shorter, last year she finished college, and in some sort of drunken stupor I told her about Suzie! She was like .... Hmmm ... got pics? I sent a pic and she said "Wow!" She accepted Suzie right away, just asking a few questions and never had any negative things to say. Woo Hoo!! I had a little friend who liked Suzie!

Meanwhile she got engaged to a kid who seemed nice, he treats her like a queen and he seems to be exactly what she needs. One night she told me that she expected me to help her plan the wedding! I was like "What the hell do I know about that stuff?" She said that Suzie probably would have some good ideas! Woo Hoo!

I helped her pick everything out, bride's maid dresses, flowers, music, her wedding gown, caterer ... Everything!

I even designed her save the date cards and wedding invitations and got them produced for her. That is what I do ... I do a lot of specialty printed stuff for exclusive paperies and such.

She called me one night and told me that she wanted me to be at her wedding! I was a bit shocked. She insisted that I had to be there though, so I said OK put me down as there.

My girlfriend and I flew up Friday, the wedding was Saturday, I had never met my friend face to face, we were at the church sitting in the back row when she walked in on her Dad's arm.

She was beautiful in her wedding gown with her boquet. Smiling, she was looking at the church, the way things were set up, the flowers and everything she saw me. It was the first time we ever saw each other, she smiled and mouthed, "Its perfect!"

Later at the reception, she hung out with us for couple of hours, at one point she drug me aside so no one would hear and she told me that without Suzie's help she didn't think the wedding would ever have been so nice.

Woo Hoo! I can't imagine a better experience!

Sophia Rearen
06-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Did you go enfemme?

Tristen Cox
06-27-2005, 09:43 PM
You get into some strange situations Suzie. I'm happy that everything worked out ok. There's a billion things that could have gone wrong. Even though when I was her age I had a lot of friends more of your age than my own, it still would not have looked very good trying to explain things to her parents like how you two meet. All is well that ends well.

Cissy Suzie
06-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Did you go enfemme?

LOL No, I was in a suit and tie! I don't think Suzie in a dress would have fit in!

Cissy Suzie
06-27-2005, 09:48 PM
You get into some strange situations Suzie. I'm happy that everything worked out ok. There's a billion things that could have gone wrong. Even though when I was her age I had a lot of friends more of your age than my own, it still would not have looked very good trying to explain things to her parents like how you two meet. All is well that ends well.

Actually at the reception, I introduced myself to her dad and mom, her mom hugged me and thanked me for everything! Of course mom doesn't know about Suzie!

It was a fun weekend!

Mitzi
06-28-2005, 12:01 AM
What a nice story... :)

Mitzi

DonnaT
06-28-2005, 08:14 AM
I'm glad you were there for your friend Suzy.

It reckon it is a tough decision to make, when a kid asks for help, and it's good to know it all worked out to a happy ending.