PDA

View Full Version : Advantages for tg wives

Sasha Anne Meadows
04-08-2009, 08:45 AM
My wife and I were on a short car trip recently and we spent a great deal of time talking about makeup tips and fashion. My being tg just gives us more subjects to share. We also enjoy watching cick flicks together. These are just a few more advantatges to being married to a tg.

JoAnne Wheeler
04-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Yes, but how many spouses or SOs will admit that ?

JoAnne Wheeler

Kate Simmons
04-08-2009, 09:01 AM
While that may be true Sasha, many wives feel that time that should be theirs is being asconded by the "other woman" even if they don't say anything.

Greymancd
04-08-2009, 09:05 AM
I have always enjoyed chick flicks with my wife and yes I do cry watching sad movies.

Jilmac
04-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Yes Sasha, I share your enthusiasm. Although I'm widowed, I'm dating a wonderful GG who knows all about Jill and can talk to me about girl things. We also enjoy watching chick flicks together. Life is great with an accepting SO.

Prissy Linda
04-08-2009, 09:21 AM

JoAnne Wheeler

MINE DOES ::battingeyelashes: On those long drives the time and miles go by very quickly, our conversations are not limited to just guy things or girl things. We also share fashion ideas, since we are close to the same size she has a whole different wardrobe to choose from if she can't find anything to wear. We have been together for well over 30 years, it's been a beautiful ride...

StacyCD
04-08-2009, 09:57 AM
It can only become an advantage if the SO is accepting. My SO tolerates but isn't at the point of real acceptance so we haven't had the conversations you describe. I doubt that I will ever dress in front of my SO.

JulieC
04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
My wife views my TGness as being an asset; she fell in love with me for all of me, including the TG aspects. In that respect, it's a major asset in that it contributed to her loving (and still loving) me.

She notes that it is useful because I can more readily see her point of view than most other men. I also have a major appreciation for how difficult it is to shop for women's clothes, and I often encourage her to buy a particular item if it's perfect and she wants it (but is beating herself up over the price).

I also don't suffer as much testosterone poisoning, which is quite useful :)

DonnaT
04-08-2009, 10:27 AM
My wife has asked me for advice while sitting in the makeup chair at the Prescriptives' counter.

She doesn't ask at home or in the car, however.

Angie G
04-08-2009, 10:34 AM
And she can borrow some kneehighs if shes out.:hugs:
Angie

Sheila
04-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Yes, but how many spouses or SOs will admit that ?JoAnne Wheeler

Me certainly, while I am not a girly girl, I have had 50 years of being a GG and have picked up a few pointers along the way, certainly enough to be able to give Debs pointers and tips & to be honest JoAnne, did I not read in a thread somewhere recently about you spending the evening en femme, and your wife giving you advice on how to walk in 4" heels or am I wrong?

Well girly chick movies neither of us do, she hates them as much as me :D

KristiMartin
04-08-2009, 01:04 PM
My wife has borrowed my clothes. And I came through last week when she needed a hair clip as hers had broken. She has also asked for my advice on clothing on occasion, so, I'd say that she thinks it has advantages. :)

SouthernBelle.GG
04-08-2009, 01:12 PM

JoAnne Wheeler

*jumping up and down, waving*

Is there an icon for that? :heehee:

Genifer Teal
04-08-2009, 05:47 PM
While that may be true Sasha, many wives feel that time that should be theirs is being asconded by the "other woman" even if they don't say anything.

Any male hobby can do this. Isn't that what they are for?

Gen

Kayla Shadows
04-08-2009, 06:10 PM
My wife and I were on a short car trip recently and we spent a great deal of time talking about makeup tips and fashion. My being tg just gives us more subjects to share. We also enjoy watching cick flicks together. These are just a few more advantatges to being married to a tg.

Thats great :) I was just talking to someone about this not too long ago.She had never been with a tg person but had a lot of interest.We were talking about a lot of things and how things would differ from the regular men she has dated.Well,different sure seemed to make her extremely happy and excited.I think I just witnessed somebodys life take a whole new direction.Pretty cool

Gabrielle Hermosa
04-08-2009, 06:23 PM
I love talking about makeup and clothes with my wife. We also enjoy looking through fashion mags together. Sometimes we'll sit in the living room and do our nails together as well.

But... I never could get into chick flicks. :heehee:

ReineD
04-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Let's see .... discussing and receiving fashion and makeup advice (from someone much more practiced than me in noticing beautiful women and what works and what doesn't ;) ), watching chick-flicks together, and borrowing clothing or jewelry in a pinch have all been mentioned. :)

Another advantage is having an SO who understands my emotions. Not to mention being with someone who would understand having to stop at a Walmart along the way to get a new pair of pantyhose because I discovered a run.
:love:

JoAnne Wheeler

Lots of them, JoAnne. I wish you would open your eyes and stop seeing your circumstances as being true for everyone else. :wall: Read this (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90401&highlight=married). There are 332 posts in this thread to date. I stopped counting at page 3, but fully more than half of the SOs accepted the CDing. This is NOT counting the SOs who might accept it if their husbands would tell them.

linnea
04-08-2009, 07:13 PM
well, I am happy for those who have accepting SOs with whom they can have these kinds of conversations; I'm a little envious too.

Karren H
04-08-2009, 09:51 PM
My wife and I love comedy and action movies and neither of us are particulary fond of chick flicks.....

suchacutie
04-08-2009, 10:11 PM
I agree with all the suggestions that many topics hitherto left to the realm of friends of the same gender now become topics that we can share, but I'm seeing a different level, and I love it: When we start to try to act like women, it involves the whole notion of thinking as a woman would. There are massive differences in approach to life. Whether these varied approaches are learned in adolescence or they are hard-wired into the feminine brain is not the issue, the fact that they exist is very much the issue. I respond better to my wife/gf, in any gender. As she teaches me how a women would respond to an issue, or topics that women would never ask each other, or simply when she wants to be allowed to bitch about an issue without my male self trying to solve the problem!

That kind of "crawling into the mind" of one's SO goes way beyond anything most males would even consider. Tina is a part of our lives. She gets talked about and her personality can be a positive force, even when she is tucked away in the closet.

tina

Tina_N
04-09-2009, 04:34 AM
Since my wife started working I have been called to duty in helping my daughter get ready for several school dances. I've painted her nails and worked some magic with the curling iron. She was a bit concerned about letting 'Dad' do it. She trusts me now.

Sandra
04-09-2009, 07:57 AM

JoAnne Wheeler

If you bothered to read the posts properly on here you would see that a lot of GGs would admit to it, and that just because you have a rough time with your So doesn't mean everyone else does

Sarah_GG
04-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Well, I certainly wouldn’t know how to put false eyelashes on. And I don’t think I’d have as much gorgeous lingerie (we share). :D On the other hand I wouldn’t have spent a fraction of the hours that I now do shopping or looking at fashion online! :eek:

The main advantage is my SOs ability to listen to me and understand what I’m saying. His emotional intelligence, desire for communication and gentle selflessness may well be a result of his transgenderedness but it was those things that I was attracted to before I even knew about it.

:)

DemonicDaughter
04-09-2009, 01:18 PM
As someone who is about to marry a transwoman, I'd say there are a hell of a lot more advantages to being with her than any guy! Aside from the expanding wardrobe, wigs, shoes, makeup and jewelry factor, I have a partner who:

1. Doesn't try to rush me when I'm getting ready.
2. Actually cries when she's upset.
3. Will hold my purse when I'm looking at something in the store (without looking embarrassed).
4. Can go into dressing rooms with me if I need assistance.
5. Will slow down whenever I remind her I have on the "cute shoes" and knows what that means.
6. Understands a woman's need to feel sexy.
7. Doesn't think I'm crazy for HAVING to sleep in satin sheets.
8. The softer... the better :D
9. Doesn't blink at expensive skin/hair care products.
10. Can get her nails done with me and still do some remodeling (with me).
11. Understands better than anyone the unusual circumstances of my childhood and loves what it has made me.
12. Is as protective as a mother, as playful as a sister, as trustworthy as a friend and as amazing as a lover and all rolled into the most adorable little package.

:love:

JoAnne Wheeler

As many as those who have loving and accepting cders in their life that don't harp on all the negative.

Holly
04-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Well, here's my humble contribution to the list. I would think our wives/SO's benefit from having a partner they can depend on being truthful and honest with them. They benefit by having a partner confident in her/himself and is not afraid to be themselves. They benefit by having a wider range of things to talk about with one another, interests in common that are real. They benefit by having the strength of a man, the gentleness of a woman, the compassion of a friend all in one convenient place and the comfort of knowing all of those traits are available at a moments notice. Not a bad place to be, I would think.

Starling
04-09-2009, 01:57 PM
DD, I think everyone here (and everywhere else!) dreams of being as much in love as you and Bre are. And you share it with us, which is truly lovely.

Lallie