PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question, Really it is.

crazybiker
04-09-2009, 05:49 AM
So I'm going on a road trip today (thursday night to be exact.) I have a skirt that i'm going to wear, and a nice top and have mastered the art of using smaller undershirts to fill my B cups nicely to be passable. I have a nice pair of heels that I can wear comfortably, and dont mind going out in. Now... the big question.

I don't have a wig, and probably wont have one for a little while because they're expensive for a real hair one, i hear they're like 65 dollars or something and I dont have that lying around. I also dont have anybody close to do make up or anything SO...So do you think it would be a bad idea to go out in my skirt and cute top, and heels minus the wig and make up?

Quick addtion, that isn't needed in the Main thread. I'm confident in myself of going out, and I've read a bunch of stuff on going out, and ya... I'm going up to kewlona (a 4 hour drive away from my home town) and guna see a few gas station attendants, and maybe a few timmys/McDonalds people, and know i'll only see them once, and they are strangers and dont care what they think. My friend who is going with me, He's fine with it... he said he wished I had a wig with longer hair (and was thinking of getting a cheap one that has fake hair on it, but atleast its longer, and at night, wont notice probably) but he says he's fine, I did my legs so they're hair free so I dont really see a problem, but wondering if anybody else done this and if it was a bad expierience or a good one. I guess you could call this drab???

Deb The Brunette
04-09-2009, 05:54 AM
Me? ....I wouldn't be seen dead without my make up (cue karen)

Teresa Macaw
04-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Hey no worry, go to a local beauty supply shop that caters to blacks. They love wigs & you van find them for under $40. I have over 10 I got from local shops. If you can go em femme as it is hard to try on & see how they really look in drab. If you are not comfortable call ahead & make an appointment late right before they close. Go in drab if needed & get one close to your hair color, do not suggest a real long one like drag queens it looks to weird to me. Tell them your a CD & they probably already have other customers like us. Or they may can take you to the back to try the wigs on. Again get one are appropriate. God luck. Teresa :-)

crazybiker
04-09-2009, 05:59 AM
And why exactly do you call yourself Crazy Biker, I wonder?

What do you mean by this?

Deb The Brunette
04-09-2009, 06:00 AM
What do you mean by this?

I got it !!!!!

crazybiker
04-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Hey no worry, go to a local beauty supply shop that caters to blacks. They love wigs & you van find them for under $40...

I'll keep that in mind for when I do purchase one... but still dont have that much cash to spare. Kinda need it for my trip for food and gas :p

I got it !!!!!

I misread this... I thought it said what do you call your self.. not WHY!!!

Karren H
04-09-2009, 06:05 AM
If it makes you feel good then do it!, as long as your not wearing jeans!!! LOL Personally I wouldn't just because I'm addicted to makeup!! :)

crazybiker
04-09-2009, 06:13 AM
And why exactly do you call yourself Crazy Biker, I wonder?

Well its random. I got started into mtn biking and I was always the one to go the biggest, the furthest and push my limits as to what I did. Then I met this guy kinda, his name is Josh Bender... he's jumped off (in the video) a 40 ft clif, and previously done 3 attemtps at a 50 ft. cliff... and lived it every time... eventually I would like to get to 30, and I think i'd be happy :D... hence that is why I am Crazy Biker.

You can watch the video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0-OhKyqGz0)

If it makes you feel good then do it!, as long as your not wearing jeans!!! LOL Personally I wouldn't just because I'm addicted to makeup!! :)

Thanks! I'm going to do it... I just thought I'd ask from those of us who have been doing it for some time and gone through the mistakes and the not so much mistakes :p ... Its not jeans, and I'm not crazy on make up right now, so ya *thumbs up*

Angie G
04-09-2009, 07:23 AM
Well a least put some lipstick on hun.:hugs:

boardpuppy
04-09-2009, 07:39 AM
After the lipstick, shape the eye brows a little and with a pencil, add some color (matching of course) to them. This would be more make up than most GG wear on any given day. But the most importanat thing is to enjoy yourself.

Hugs,
Alice

TxKimberly
04-09-2009, 08:21 AM
I wont touch the "should you do or should you not" part. That's entirely up to you, and dependent upon your comfort level and desire to do so.
You comments on the wig just cry for me to say a couple of things though. As far as I know, you cant touch a human hair wig for less than three to six hundred dollars. If you really have found one for $65 you had better snatch it quick before they come to their senses.
My second comment is that personally I don't care for the human hair wigs. They are far too hard to take care of, far too hard to make presentable. A synthetic will keeps its shape as long as you wash it in cold water and is ever so much easier to keep presentable. I don't doubt for a second that some here are going to argue with me, but I think the whole Human Hair thing is a status symbol more than being a desirable thing in it's own right and on its own merit.

JoAnne Wheeler
04-09-2009, 09:29 AM
TxKimberly is right on in her comments - also - it appears you are a risk taker

and enjoy being on the edge - I would much rather wear a skirt and top that

to jump off a cliff on a motorcycle. If you have that much courage (or the

lack of any common sense) then by all means - WEAR THE SKIRT and get on

with it.

JoAnne Wheeler

Christina Horton
04-09-2009, 10:27 AM
I think it foolish but, that's me I would never walk out my door with out my makeup and hair looking right.Oh by the way I speak my mind, and don't care if people don't like it, after all it's my opinion, not your right. But as Karren has said If it makes you feel good do it. I live In Burnaby here and If you want I can when I am home I could take you to the place I found on Kingsway where the wigs are cheep and the staff are great. so pm me so we could get together. I drive truck so I may not be here when you pm me. good luck on your trip hun. HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

KimberlyS
04-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I would say if you feel comfortable doing it go for it. I have been out in similar modes of attire and not had any problems. IMHO you have the right attitude to do it and you are doing it the right way by doing it away from home the first times. And I personally stick to public places with a mix of people in them. And no biker or other bars for me as that IMHO is just asking for trouble.

Interestingly you have a similar attitude to when when I go out in the mixed modes away from home:

"... know i'll only see them once, and they are strangers and dont care what they think."

IMHO and experience being out and about is mostly personal acceptance of yourself and what you are doing. Your personal acceptance comes out in your attitude, actions and interactions with others. Others acceptance and tolerance of you begins with yourself.

Oh do be ready for some surprised looks and stares. But just go about what you are doing. I consider the surprised looks and stares as their brains are trying to adjust and relate to what they are seeing.

I would personally like to always leave the wig at home and wear little to no makeup. But to make my wife happy when I go out I present a feminine image that the general society can deal with. But I still do not pass when I go out. But makes my wife happy.

Enjoy and have fun with your time out. And great you can have a friend along.

kim

Greymancd
04-09-2009, 01:50 PM
I went to a costume shop and got at least a passable wig for $15. The supermodel wig it suits me hahaha.

Karren H
04-09-2009, 01:54 PM
I went to a costume shop and got at least a passable wig for $15. The supermodel wig it suits me hahaha.

Yeah!! The purple ones are on sale I hear!! :D

<3 Keri Lynn <3
04-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Do it! and find a wig girl!

*Hugs*Kisses*

cdterri
04-09-2009, 03:26 PM
I have been going out without a wig for yrs. I just wear a hat, scarve, or turban. I'm pretty much bald but with the right cover no one seems to really notice. Give it a try, You might be surprised.

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Go any way you can but go for sure. I have gone out many times without the wig, I do prefer to be fully en-femme but sometimes I just can't help myself and I'll go shopping not fully made up. I am very impulsive.

AllieSF
04-09-2009, 04:42 PM
I agree with TXKimberly. The synthetics are so eay to care for and very reasonable and good quality. However, I have seen many human hair wigs for just under $100 at beauty supply stores in Oakland, California and would guess that you can find them in other stores too. The one thing about those stores is that they want to sell and I am not so sure that I would trust them to trim a wig for me nor even recommend which ones look good on me. At one store, the lady recommended whatever one I picked up to look at. Good luck.

crazybiker
04-09-2009, 05:54 PM
I would say if you feel comfortable doing it go for it. I have been out in similar modes of attire and not had any problems. IMHO you have the right attitude to do it and you are doing it the right way by doing it away from home the first times. And I personally stick to public places with a mix of people in them. And no biker or other bars for me as that IMHO is just asking for trouble.

Interestingly you have a similar attitude to when when I go out in the mixed modes away from home:

"... know i'll only see them once, and they are strangers and dont care what they think."

IMHO and experience being out and about is mostly personal acceptance of yourself and what you are doing. Your personal acceptance comes out in your attitude, actions and interactions with others. Others acceptance and tolerance of you begins with yourself.

Oh do be ready for some surprised looks and stares. But just go about what you are doing. I consider the surprised looks and stares as their brains are trying to adjust and relate to what they are seeing.

I would personally like to always leave the wig at home and wear little to no makeup. But to make my wife happy when I go out I present a feminine image that the general society can deal with. But I still do not pass when I go out. But makes my wife happy.

Enjoy and have fun with your time out. And great you can have a friend along.

kim

Very Inspirational... thanks. Thanks to the rest of you on your imput on this, its greatly appreciated. well as far as finding a wig for cheap, I just asumed because I had heard of hevy prices on them from peple, and the synthetic ones just never crossed my mind, always thought they were all real hair I guess. Really I just can't get over how Awesome all of you are... its Great!

So hey.. whats "IMHO" mean?

CD Susan
04-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Good luck on your trip! Just go for it and don't worry about what others think. IMHO means "in my humble opinion".

TxKimberly
04-09-2009, 06:07 PM
So hey.. whats "IMHO" mean?

In My Humble Opinion

Usually followed by a less than humble opinion. lol

Megan70
04-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I never could or would go out half assed. I must have the complete package to be presentable and have confidence. Go with the wig and makeup definitely

linnea
04-09-2009, 06:40 PM
You comments on the wig just cry for me to say a couple of things though. As far as I know, you cant touch a human hair wig for less than three to six hundred dollars. If you really have found one for $65 you had better snatch it quick before they come to their senses.
My second comment is that personally I don't care for the human hair wigs. They are far too hard to take care of, far too hard to make presentable. A synthetic will keeps its shape as long as you wash it in cold water and is ever so much easier to keep presentable. I don't doubt for a second that some here are going to argue with me, but I think the whole Human Hair thing is a status symbol more than being a desirable thing in it's own right and on its own merit.

Kimberly is right. If you can get a human hair wig for $65, you should borrow the money to buy and then re-sell it in order to pay back your loan and buy a synthetic wig. The synthetics these days are really good and much easier to care for and much cheaper than human hair wigs.
I have three very nice synthetic hair wigs (all, by the way, cost more than $65), and I'm very happy with them.

beenherelongtime
04-09-2009, 06:44 PM
i don't know how your own hair looks, could it be combed into a sort of unisex (or short) look.

charlie
04-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Before you go you might go to a wig shop and see if they have a wig sale or some cheap wigs. I got my first one at a wig store for 20 dollars. have fun on the trip!

crazybiker
04-13-2009, 01:59 AM
lol thanks for all that. Well I went on my trip and didn't think that It would be colder up there than it was here... so I got up there, and went outside for a few minutes and was like OMG its freezing!!!

So after I got back from my trip, the next night, I went to go and pick up my friend who I told her what I do, but she never seen it yet, so I picked her up from work, and went out of the car, around the parking lot, to her front door, then to the elevator, some guy walked out and passed me, and then up the elevator, down the hall, and then into her place. My first get'n out time! It was super freaky, but then I thought about it, and it was awesome! I really wana get out more, but I need some less dressy/fancy stuff. I walked out around midnight to go back to my car, and she lives in a kinda wierd area, so on my way back some guys were just about to leave, and then just as they passed me kinda slowed down and I guess was look'n at me, but I had a hood on so I dont think they noticed my face, which I think would have been funny, but not all at the same time :p ... so ya... for now.. thats my story :D

Joanne f
04-13-2009, 02:51 AM
Do it the way you would like to do it and not the way you think others would like you to do it .